Nintendo Switch

Gaming Chat

Found 28 posts - Go to Last Post

Judging by today in gamestop the Switch will sell boatloads of units in the 3 stores i was at today 90% of the people there were dropping down their 50 bucks to get one of the limited number of pre orders. I have not personally cared for a nintendo console going all the way back to the gamecube and it was only so so for me the N64 on the other hand i wore 4 of them out
Liking this article. I should have looked at the site over the weekend.

Ok, here is something that none of you are thinking about when it comes to the Nintendo DS vs phones.

The DS has buttons to help you play games like your controller does on your console. Your phone does not have that. You want to use a controller, you have to buy one that plugs into the phone that you hope the developer built controller usage into the game. Because of that, you have a completely different experience from the Nintendo DS series versus any phone.

Because of the buttons, you also can't play certain games on a phone as you don't have the buttons available for all that needs to be done. This is a huge difference when you look at why people still buy and play on Nintendo's device. You can't get these games anywhere else, they are exclusive and that is what has locked people in for ages.

I really believe that the Nintendo Switch is going to replace the DS's and become their new mobile. You get a console, a DS, a touch screen? and all the games. It's hard not to want the Nintendo Switch.

I do want it but I'm starting to back off mainly because the list of games showing for release. They have a few high profile games that they know everyone will want to play but it's pretty bleh after that. I'm waiting to see a good full list of all upcoming games for the year. Maybe it'll be a Christmas present when more games are available.
Just to interject something for playing on mobile devices, the new generation of XBOX controllers(XBOX ONE S release) has Bluetooth built in. This is the new way to use a controller. I've yet to use it with my Gear VR, but have to give it a shot. If someone would go back to playing Neverwinter, I'd have time for this.
Just to interject something for playing on mobile devices, the new generation of XBOX controllers(XBOX ONE S release) has Bluetooth built in. This is the new way to use a controller. I've yet to use it with my Gear VR, but have to give it a shot. If someone would go back to playing Neverwinter, I'd have time for this.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I need to start playing Neverwinter. 8)
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I'm splitting time between Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, and Gears of War 4, with something from the backlog on cleanup to change things up.
I'm splitting time between Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, and Gears of War 4, with something from the backlog on cleanup to change things up.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Need to get more time for Pinball FX2
I really enjoy the Switch, I need to be playing it more. I think Nintendo knocked it out of the park with it, and this is coming from someone who hasn't cared about Nintendo since the 64. They finally delivered on one of their "Gimmicks". I just wish I had more time for handheld gaming so I'd be playing it more.

I got the Switch and the X1X on the same day and while I like the Switch, I can't stop playing the X. I just think I'm addicted to trophies/achievements though. Being a huge RPG fan ever since the days of Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy, my brain is conditioned to like watching numbers slowly increase over time. I bet I'd play more Switch if it had some sort of Achievement system.
I've been having an absolute blast with my Switch! Big Grin Got mine around Canada Day, and I have been having a hard time putting it down. Currently having a lot of fun with Super Mario Odyssey and just exploring all of the worlds. Smile I can't wait to see what else will come out for it!

I bet I'd play more Switch if it had some sort of Achievement system.
Originally Posted by RNGesus37
I am actually finding the opposite true for me. I too have been a big RPG fan for most of my life, but I don't think the Switch would be better with a system like Xbox or Playstation has. I've noticed a lot in the past year how achievements and trophies have a large impact on changing how I play, and mostly not in ways I am very happy with. While I enjoy getting them, I am super glad the Switch doesn't have a console-wide system for it; I think it's really nice to just be able to just sit down and enjoy a game without having to constantly worry about achievements!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account