(You may not vote on this poll)

× 8 (19.05%) I would use

× 5 (11.90%) I wouldn't use

× 11 (26.19%) No Opinion

× 10 (23.81%) I like Lamp

× 8 (19.05%) Didn't read only here for the poll

• Added 03-19-2017 09:49 PM
  • 42 votes
I was wondering if there was a possibility to add a way to pin a thread to always go to the most recent post. currently you can only pin a specific post in a thread. hell even just a way to pin a specific thread would work rather than a specific post in a thread
Do you mean to go to the new unread post in a thread?
You can not pin a most recent post, but you can if you search for new post go to that thread and go to the first unread post, via the link at the top of the thread.
I'll give you the example that made me think of this. I frequently post in the thread about your most recent completion, i pinned my first post in that thread but that post is now several pages back. So i don't get taken either to the beginning or the end. Just somewhere in the middle of the thread. So it takes me where i want to be but, requires more actions than it should to get to the end of the thread. so where the link that is pinned takes me directly to my post that is #337 in the thread. I can't pin the first post in the thread, which would take me directly to the spot that would let me click the most recent post or to the unread posts. I can't pin the thread directly. So even if i re-pin my newest post depending on the activity in the thread it's the same "extra" effort to get to where i want. To me the simplest fix would be to allow pinning of a thread itself.
But you can pin threads. You're also saying it's too hard for you to scroll to the bottom of any page and use the page select button or am I not understanding this?
You can't directly pin a thread you can only pin your activity in a thread unless i am missing something somewhere. And that is actually what I am specifically asking for is the ability to just pin a thread
Basically, he wants the ability to bookmark/pin/whatever the "-a-new-post" URL extension that Eric appends to threads to allow you to go to the last unread post in a thread, for this thread, it is:

https://www.gamertagnation.com/featu...-new-post.html

The URL is the thread URL, but, between the Thread Name "pins" and the ".html" Eric has a URL suffix append "-a-new-post" which brings you directly to the last unread post. (This is literally what the down arrow at the front of the thread name does.)

To DJ Psyanyde, you could make a quick launch button (I think all three major browser support that now) directly to the link I gave up. One click, and done. Not exactly what you asked for, but, a work around while Eric considers.
Basically, he wants the ability to bookmark/pin/whatever the "-a-new-post" URL extension that Eric appends to threads to allow you to go to the last unread post in a thread, for this thread, it is:

https://www.gamertagnation.com/featu...-new-post.html

The URL is the thread URL, but, between the Thread Name "pins" and the ".html" Eric has a URL suffix append "-a-new-post" which brings you directly to the last unread post. (This is literally what the down arrow at the front of the thread name does.)

To DJ Psyanyde, you could make a quick launch button (I think all three major browser support that now) directly to the link I gave up. One click, and done. Not exactly what you asked for, but, a work around while Eric considers.
Originally Posted by futiles
That is definitely a work around that is more phone friendly than the current one i use
Very good, thanks for straightening me out, sorry I just wasn't understanding that. That puts this where now? Are you still looking for the feature or are you good?
I would still like the ability to pin threads to my home page but if it's impossible i guess i can just make bookmarks in my browsers but that's not really a feature for the site itself is it

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account