How many achievements do you prefer a game to have?

General Chat

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Would you rather a game has 10 or 40 achievements for 1000 Gamerscore?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 4 (11.43%) I prefer nearer 10

× 20 (57.14%) I prefer nearer 40

× 11 (31.43%) I'm going for the Poll badge.

• Added 09-29-2022 07:32 AM
  • 35 votes
Would you rather a game had 10 Achievements for 1000 gamerscore or 40 Achievements for 1000 gamerscore
Would you rather a game had 10 Achievements for 1000 gamerscore or 40 Achievements for 1000 gamerscore
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Easy one for me, ol' friend, ol' buddy ol' pal.

The more the merrier! It makes me feel rather down when a game could be dozens of hours long yet only has a handful of achievements.

I liked it when Dead Rising did it, best: 50 achievements of 20g apiece.

The Brothers has over 80 achievements right off the bat, and dozens more in game challenges too. Lots of stuff to keep players engaged to the end, aside from the gameplay and story.
Easy one for me, ol' friend, ol' buddy ol' pal.

The more the merrier! It makes me feel rather down when a game could be dozens of hours long yet only has a handful of achievements.

I liked it when Dead Rising did it, best: 50 achievements of 20g apiece.

The Brothers has over 80 achievements right off the bat, and dozens more in game challenges too. Lots of stuff to keep players engaged to the end, aside from the gameplay and story.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
agreed, if a game releases with lots of achievements, it gives the impression that there a loads of different playstyles and the game has longevity. If it has only a few, the opposite applies
I'm not terribly concerned about the quantity of the achievements; I'm more concerned with the quality. I'm not a big fan of achievements that require random chance (such as In A Van Down By The River). I don't mind the ones that require you do something cool or unusual, as long as it's something that you can do without requiring blind luck and potentially hundreds of tries.
Never really thought about it, after seeing the poll if I had to pick I'd say 40 or games with more achievements. Like someone mentioned, there will usually be more variety and playstyles when there are more. You also will get the mix of some that are really easy and quick to unlock and others that are more difficult and take more time through most of the game to complete.
40 for sure that way there is usually a good mix of things to do in a game. If there are 10 then they are not even trying. I play a game called neverwinter that had a good deal of achievements when they would release a new modules in the past. The last module (Mod 23) had 2 achievements and I could literally just stumble into unlocking them without looking at the requirements.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account