New Leaderboard Type

Feature Requests

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review
It would me awesome to be able to create a leaderboard based on series. Compete for most achievements in games such as call of duty, battlefield and any other game series. Players could then have spot to compete against there friends.
Status changed to 'Under Review' - Great idea! I'll look into this soon.
I do think that's a good suggestion as well.
I was thinking about this the other day I love the idea.
Leaderboards are fine, just don't make genre badges that require continual upkeep to maintain.
Leaderboards are fine, just don't make genre badges that require continual upkeep to maintain.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I say we make genre badges just to make Kaens' life more difficult. Oh, wait, did I just say that out loud? Lol
Great idea, but what would you do with a series that have spanned both xbox 360 & one ? Also, what about dupes such as games that released on GFWL ? Would you include them all ?
Genre badges won't happen anytime soon. I'd like to finish the Game Information Submission tool before then so others can help me reorganize which genre is listed for games on the site. It's basically just me doing the genre classification and I think some games could be placed under different genres if done right.

Another update related to this thread: I have to do a lot of work on the leaderboards system here in terms of query performance. Custom single or multiple series leaderboards will be added in as an option once I can solidify the performance issues with our current leaderboards. I'm making an update this afternoon that will require some time to properly test before I can begin implementing this.
Great idea, but what would you do with a series that have spanned both xbox 360 & one ? Also, what about dupes such as games that released on GFWL ? Would you include them all ?
Originally Posted by MrGompers
I can't speak for anybody else, but my expectation would be that any game within the series that has it's own achievement list will be included on the series board. I would also expect that, in time at least, custom series leaderboards will become available that will allow filters for platform type, etc.
Agreed. In fact, platform filters are part of this next update. It already exists for games but it will be sliced up into a separate option for ranking gamerscore and achievements by platform.
I checked out TA and they actually include GFWL in the series (one example Resident Evil)
and Assassins creed has WP games included.

If all those were included in the series it would be very interesting. And probably fairly difficult to 100% some of the bigger series like RE, GOW, ASSCREED, and COD.
Originally Posted by Kaens

Genre badges won't happen anytime soon. I'd like to finish the Game Information Submission tool before then so others can help me reorganize which genre is listed for games on the site. It's basically just me doing the genre classification and I think some games could be placed under different genres if done right.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Off topic"ish" Just my personal opinion I would hate to see what happened over at the voice happen here with these. I love the idea of genre badges, just not the idea of shifting games in an out of them. Once in, ALWAYS in.
I love all the attention this thread got. My idea would be to include all platforms. Similar to the way achievements total currently. If I play a 360 version and then an Xbox one version they should all count. You grinded the time and hard work on both. May even get some people to fire up backward compatibaility and blow the dust of the 360.

I know it seems silly but there's a lot of ego around game series. Would be cool to say "oh yea, well who is number 1 in COD?..not you. Lol would all be in fun and give those kinds of players a place to battle it out. **Cough,I'm one**Cough

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account