Extra Life 2018

General Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Here it is, March 2018, and once again, I am sitting in Orlando, FL. Extra Life United 2018 has started! Today, we are doing some excellent panels, which, I hope to be able to apply the lessons learned to improve my fundraising experience. Tomorrow, the tournaments start. I will be playing in 5 game tournaments, Splendor, Sagrada, Machi Koro, and Downforce, plus, an unannounced mystery game. This year, the top 8 spots in each game will win money for their hospitals, so, I hope I can be successful, again. Last year's $6500 at ELU was amazing.

Once again, should you like to support my Extra Life Campaign, please go to http://el.futiles.net and help me help kids.
Sorry for the lack of updates, we we're pretty busy. I ended up winning $1525 for my hospital.
Game day is in just under two weeks. Putting together a schedule, and trying to get some ideas.

At least a portion of the day will be Red Dead Redemption II.

Any other thoughts?
Game Day Plans:

I am thinking I will do 11-03-2018 10:00 CDT - 11-04-2018 10:00 CST this year. I am off the night before, so, I can rest up, and be ready to go ahead of time.

I know I will be doing Fallout 76 BETA for a portion of it, 1600 CDT - 2000 CDT on 11-03.
I plan to include Red Dead Redemption 2 and probably the Spider-Man PS4 DLC.
I need to check with my wife, and see when a solid few hours of Rock Band will happen (since it didn't last year)
I have been working on my stuff for tomorrow:

Donation page is working: http://el.futiles.net

Simulcast stream is working:
https://www.twitch.tv/futiles
https://mixer.com/futiles

Need to rearrange furniture today, get the streaming gear in place.

I am about $275 short of my goal for this year. Hopefully I can make that happen.
Trying to donate.... but it looks like the web site has crashed....
Trying to donate.... but it looks like the web site has crashed....
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Thanks for letting me know I had an old link in the info. I completely forgot about that. And thanks for the support!
Total Raised $2500
Goal $2000

Another great year!

Since I started Extra Lifing, I have raised $13,030.00 for KU Med Pediatrics.
Awesome job... glad I had some time to watch this year...
I missed it this year? Dang. I'm sorry futiles. Glad to see you passed your goal though!
I missed it this year? Dang. I'm sorry futiles. Glad to see you passed your goal though!
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
The entire 25-hour marathon is saved on my Twitch feed (I did not have Mixer set up to record).
Watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/3310396...L_WQiy9ZZBW7Dg

Some of it got muted, due to music copyrights and Twitch, mostly during Rock Band and Fallout 76.

And always, donations go through Dec 31, 2018... *hint*

Also, how are you? Have not seen an updated since your last post, unless I missed it.
The entire 25-hour marathon is saved on my Twitch feed (I did not have Mixer set up to record).
Watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/3310396...L_WQiy9ZZBW7Dg

Some of it got muted, due to music copyrights and Twitch, mostly during Rock Band and Fallout 76.

And always, donations go through Dec 31, 2018... *hint*

Also, how are you? Have not seen an updated since your last post, unless I missed it.
Originally Posted by futiles
That's right, I will donate. Can't do a lot right now, but feel compelled to support. You know my son's story a bit - we've reaped the benefits of the organization, so I've got to give back somehow.

I haven't updated in a while, and I haven't even been around the site lately. I rarely play Xbox anymore (I've only earned 544 gamerscore in 28 achies this year). I play PUBG Mobile a bit and enjoy that, but with the medical crap going on, I can rarely be consistent and reliable.I'm virtually blind in my right eye now, which is the scariest symptom that has quickly gotten worse. The migraines and seizures have reduced with medication, trigger awareness, and meditation and physical therapy. We are waiting back some EEG results that captured a triggered seizure. The tumor has not grown or shrunk at all, just remaining stagnant, so the surgeons are holding off until it gets worse. My neurologist does not believe the 2 issues are actually related. So, I am stuck with oddities for now. I am able to cope 95% of the time and function normally, but that down-time is severely down and scary.

Thanks for wondering and asking. I appreciate your efforts for the kids and glad to see you grow and break goals year after year!
That's right, I will donate. Can't do a lot right now, but feel compelled to support. You know my son's story a bit - we've reaped the benefits of the organization, so I've got to give back somehow.

I haven't updated in a while, and I haven't even been around the site lately. I rarely play Xbox anymore (I've only earned 544 gamerscore in 28 achies this year). I play PUBG Mobile a bit and enjoy that, but with the medical crap going on, I can rarely be consistent and reliable.I'm virtually blind in my right eye now, which is the scariest symptom that has quickly gotten worse. The migraines and seizures have reduced with medication, trigger awareness, and meditation and physical therapy. We are waiting back some EEG results that captured a triggered seizure. The tumor has not grown or shrunk at all, just remaining stagnant, so the surgeons are holding off until it gets worse. My neurologist does not believe the 2 issues are actually related. So, I am stuck with oddities for now. I am able to cope 95% of the time and function normally, but that down-time is severely down and scary.

Thanks for wondering and asking. I appreciate your efforts for the kids and glad to see you grow and break goals year after year!
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I hope your doctors give you some good news, and do they think the sight in the right eye is potentially a temporary issue?

(Also, I saw the donation, and thanks for the support!)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account