Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

After finishing MGS4 I have felt that no decent games have come out since and won't til September-November. Bad Company enforced this opinion by being a game that insists upon itself (kudos to who gets that reference).

Its trying to be different but goes down cliche avenue and my bad feelings increased when you:

1. Start killing mercs instead of russians. (oooh that makes it so brooding and deep!)

2. the mention of a "spook story". (This isn't "The Usual Suspects")

3. The voice actor for the main man Preston is trying to be Clive Owen. A man who I despise.

4. It's nothing like a Battlefield game.

Oh, and all that destruction doesn't really change anything.

I mean despite all the PC people saying that BF2 MC on 360 wasnt really a BF game i felt that it was much like the Vietnam one except in modern day which made it better even though we are in bad need of a Vietnam game that works.

Every time i was getting drawn in I had to stab myself with a needle and sit out for a few seconds.

I could go on but I won't. And this is based on the demo.
I agree. It insists upon itself.

Big Grin
I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but this game had me straight up stunned when I played the demo. I doubt that I'd ever buy the game, but it would definitely be worth a rent. That's quite unusual for me considering it's a shooter game.

And no, I never played any of the other Battlefield games so consider me a "noob". Big Grin
well if you dont play too many shooters then i suppose this game would seem like one of the best as it has fancy graphics (but what doesnt?), story and alright characters. But trust me, if you want to get one get Battlefield 2 for PC or Modern Combat 2 for 360 (they arent the same).
I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but this game had me straight up stunned when I played the demo. I doubt that I'd ever buy the game, but it would definitely be worth a rent. That's quite unusual for me considering it's a shooter game.

And no, I never played any of the other Battlefield games so consider me a "noob". Big Grin
Originally Posted by Eric
IF you want a good FPS for Graphics and for overall fun gameplay, I recommend Soldier of Fortune for the 360. IT's reputed to be a good fun game, but not heavy on the story.

Rent it and see, Eric. You may like it, bud.
well if you dont play too many shooters then i suppose this game would seem like one of the best as it has fancy graphics (but what doesnt?), story and alright characters. But trust me, if you want to get one get Battlefield 2 for PC or Modern Combat 2 for 360 (they arent the same).
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
I was a huge fan of the Battlefield Modern Combat 2 demo on Xbox 360 too. My old roommate used to play it online and it looked just as impressive for me. Oddly enough, I never managed to rent the game myself. I need to add that to my to-rent list before I forget.
I played the demo for about half an hour, and I was really disappointed. The game looked okay, but I've never been a gigantic fan of BF at all. The single player is ridiculous, plagued with an awful soundtrack, and the damage does nothing to change gameplay.

It's a bland game that insists upon itself. It's like a cocky nerdy kid in high school.
also, what's up with the ridiculous size of the guns? i mean i know assault rifles with Glaunchers on the bottom aren't small but i just find it a bit annoying that the gun needs to be that big.
Soldier of Fortune for the 360.
Originally Posted by Killak
Until it ends up in the £10 box the price tag isnt worth it. Blowing peoples limbs off is only fun for so long, most likely why most other games don't do it. Plus there were quite a few glitches and random spawns. Or what i like to call "Goldeneye Syndrome." BF BC had too much of it as well. I'd run through a trench (straight line) and all of a sudden id be getting shot by a guy whose two feet from me. Really bugged me... (anyone....?).

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account