Friend sub groups

Feature Requests

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review
Wondering about an option to be able to create sub groups in your friends list? Would be nice to be able to have smaller groups for clans, people you associate with on a regular basis, etc., as well as on option to select these in your activity feed.
Wondering about an option to be able to create sub groups in your friends list? Would be nice to be able to have smaller groups for clans, people you associate with on a regular basis, etc., as well as on option to select these in your activity feed.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I thought there already was subgroups.

Friends:
On-List
Not-On-List

See, two subgroups.
I like the idea of being able to create your own sublists of friends. If this gets incorporated, I think it would also be nice to be able to include somebody on multiple lists. Say like groups of friends that you boost certain games with. Certainly, I'd boost more than one game with the same person, but not necessarily the same games with the same people. Another example would be being able to group friends based on different places we know them from (like from Xbox Ambassadors, or Assassin's Creed Initiates, or Facebook, etc.).
I like the idea of being able to create your own sublists of friends. If this gets incorporated, I think it would also be nice to be able to include somebody on multiple lists. Say like groups of friends that you boost certain games with. Certainly, I'd boost more than one game with the same person, but not necessarily the same games with the same people. Another example would be being able to group friends based on different places we know them from (like from Xbox Ambassadors, or Assassin's Creed Initiates, or Facebook, etc.).
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Yeah, I would prefer being able to have people in multiple lists as well, since the TA structure can be limiting.
Plus, it would be cool to have the option of group PMs, say if you want to send your Gears 3 buddies a message about a session. Rather than having to message them all individually, you could send a PM "addressed" to the group that would automatically go to all of them, much like the session PM at TA.
Plus, it would be cool to have the option of group PMs, say if you want to send your Gears 3 buddies a message about a session. Rather than having to message them all individually, you could send a PM "addressed" to the group that would automatically go to all of them, much like the session PM at TA.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I know the mass PM system had been brought up with Eric and he was certainly into the idea. I like your idea though too, we may have something here.. but agin, it's up to Eric to implement and Ijnow he's busy putting something together for GTN...
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Aye. I'd love to see this option. I like being able to split up my groups...AF/360v, SG, random, etc.
Still hoping to see this get implemented at some point. I have no idea how much work it would be though, so I understand if it takes awhile to get done.
I thought there already was subgroups.

Friends:
On-List
Not-On-List

See, two subgroups.
Originally Posted by futiles
Hahahaha YES!

I actually agree with both parties. I think there should be a friends setting and an acquaintance setting for each friend.
Thanks Eric. With games like Destiny out now, it'd cool to be able to have a sub group for the clan so you can message them for raids, strikes, etc. I know I can do it through other methods, but this would be nice.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account