What version are you getting?

Forza Horizon 3

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

Which version of Forza Horizon 3 are you getting?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (8.33%) Regular vanilla version, digital (name your retailer)

× 6 (16.67%) Regular vanilla version, disc (name your retailer)

× 1 (2.78%) Deluxe Edition, digital

× 1 (2.78%) Ultimate Edition, digital (name your retailer)

× 1 (2.78%) Ultimate Edition, disc (name your retailer)

× 24 (66.67%) Forza what?

• Added 07-08-2016 03:36 PM
  • 36 votes
It's that time again, time to make hard decisions. Title says it all

I'm torn between the Ultimate Edition disc version, which I can get at Best Buy for $80 (thanks GCU) with the 2016 Jaguar F Type Project 7 pre-order bonus and the digital Ultimate Edition because no swapping discs; but do I get it from Best Buy with the Jag and rewards or from the Xbox Store with the 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 S Coupé and no rewards.

I also have no idea how people with the Ultimate Edition disc are going to get access to the game early.

Decisions, decisions, first world problems
Last edited 07-08-2016 at 04:07 PM by LordChabelo13.
They'll get a game code that only works after certain date probably.

Where's option for not buying? Haha. I'm not really a fan of Forza's simulation racing style although i liked Fast and Furious which was Horizon 2 add on.
They'll get a game code that only works after certain date probably.

Where's option for not buying? Haha. I'm not really a fan of Forza's simulation racing style although i liked Fast and Furious which was Horizon 2 add on.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Yeah, but wouldn't that make the disc useless?

Also, I forgot to mention that if you plan to take advantage of the Play Anywhere feature (play on Xbox One and Win 10), you need to purchase the digital version. Also, the Ultimate Edition disc version does come with a steelbook.
Yeah, but wouldn't that make the disc useless?

Also, I forgot to mention that if you plan to take advantage of the Play Anywhere feature (play on Xbox One and Win 10), you need to purchase the digital version. Also, the Ultimate Edition disc version does come with a steelbook.
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
They need to start having collectors editions with just a digital code in it as an option.
They need to start having collectors editions with just a digital code in it as an option.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
They do I got the Hitman CE with the statue and I find it didn't have a disc no it had a code to redeem, as did COD Advance Warfare w/ Console it came with the digital code.
It would be nice if it stated in the description of the Ultimate/ Collectors edition if it was going to be a physical copy or a digital code.

What they really need is if you pre order retail for a Collector edition you get a code to pre-load the game (say it have a 24 hour play period if early access) then you use the physical copy and saves time downloading to the drive.
They do I got the Hitman CE with the statue and I find it didn't have a disc no it had a code to redeem, as did COD Advance Warfare w/ Console it came with the digital code.
It would be nice if it stated in the description of the Ultimate/ Collectors edition if it was going to be a physical copy or a digital code.

What they really need is if you pre order retail for a Collector edition you get a code to pre-load the game (say it have a 24 hour play period if early access) then you use the physical copy and saves time downloading to the drive.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
This. Exactly. If I finally broke down and bought a collectors ultimate edition and found out it was only a code!!! OMG.... So I guess I'll have to start being mindful of this too now.....unfortunately I think the disc is dying a slow death...sigh... I'll be getting the disc version, but maybe not on initial release.
Maybe in the future where the whole planet is on 24/7 will the days of the disc end but not yet. I mean look at the complaints games such as Titanfall get when it's always got to be online. Once your gold runs out, its a useless game really.
I'm getting the ultimate edition from Xbox Store, I have gotten both FH2 and FM6 in ultimate versions, since I always would get VIP and Car Pack anyway. Just the extra packs you get except Motorsports pack are useless for me since I already have them. And getting to play it before the release is always a bonus. Too bad we don't get the same rewards system as we got for FM6, with extra credits based on your Forza level.
I'm getting the ultimate edition from Xbox Store, I have gotten both FH2 and FM6 in ultimate versions, since I always would get VIP and Car Pack anyway. Just the extra packs you get except Motorsports pack are useless for me since I already have them. And getting to play it before the release is always a bonus. Too bad we don't get the same rewards system as we got for FM6, with extra credits based on your Forza level.
Originally Posted by Mardagg
This might still happen, in the Forza hub, they usually give you some sort of loyalty bonus, credits or XP, a skin or a car.
This is the current loyalty rewards we are getting for Forza Horizon 3:

Here is everything you'll need to know about Forza Horizon 3 pre-orders and Loyalty Rewards, as well as details about the VIP Pack and Car Pass.

Pre-Ordering

As with previous Forza titles, Forza Horizon 3 will have three different pre-order tiers. Note that only digital pre-orders will allow you to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10.

• The Standard Edition will include Forza Horizon 3, the Forza Horizon 2 Rockstar Energy Car Pack, the Forza 6 Meguiar's Car Pack, a special pre-order bonus car, and will be available in digital and retail disc forms. Click here to buy it.

• The Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition includes the Forza Horizon 3 All-Stars Car Pack, VIP membership, and everything included with the Standard Edition.

• The Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition includes the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass as well as four-day early access on top of everything included with the Deluxe Edition.

Forza Horizon 3 Pre-Order Bonus Cars
Pre-ordering from select US retailers can get you one of many cars. Below is an image detailing which retailer offers what car(s).

Anybody outside of the US can check with their local retailers to see if they are eligible for the car. As with other Forza titles, there is a good chance that all of these cars will become available to all in the form of a Car Pack.

Forza Horizon 3 Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack
The Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack for Forza Horizon 3 is your chance to take 10 of the hottest modern race cars off the track and out on the open road. This pack includes the 2016 Ford #66 Racing GT Le Mans, the 2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra, the 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R, the 2014 Dodge #94 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R, the 2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE, the 2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R, the 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracán LP620-2 Super Trofeo, the 2016 Holden #22 Sharkbite HRT VF Commodore, the 2016 Ford #55 Supercheap Falcon FG X, and the 2014 #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE. This is the first time race cars have made their way into a Forza Horizon game.

VIP Membership
Exclusive cars, new events, and more await with Forza Horizon 3 VIP membership! Forza Horizon 3 VIP members receive five exclusive VIP cars, including the 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, the 2016 Koenigsegg Regera, the 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, the 2015 Ferrari F12tdf, and the 2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351. VIPs will receive additional benefits such as VIP wheel spins with extra rewards each time you level up, access to exclusive online events, community gifts, and more. Get your VIP membership today, only through the Deluxe or Ultimate Editions of Forza Horizon 3.

Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
With the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass, you’ll always be dialed in to the latest and greatest cars in Forza Horizon 3. The Car Pass brings you six monthly car packs (7 cars each) beginning in October 2016. That’s 42 amazing cars total, all waiting to be collected, customized, and raced, for one low price.

Forza Horizon 3 Loyalty Rewards:
As with all recent Forza titles, you will be rewarded cars upon starting the game based on your Forza Rewards tier. The more you play Forza games, the higher your Rewards score will get. Each week, you are given a set amount of money in each game based on your rewards score.

Tier Rewards Cars
Great cars are awaiting you in Forza Horizon 3, with a unique car for each Tier level in the game. Note that these rewards are cumulative so, for example, a Tier 4 player will earn both the Tier 2 and Tier 3 reward, in addition to the Tier 4 reward.

Here is the full list of Tier Reward cars:

• Tier 2: 2005 Honda NSX-R
• Tier 3: 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
• Tier 4: 2016 Audi V10 plus
• Tier 5: 2012 BMW M5
• Tier 6: 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
• Tier 7: 2013 SRT Viper GTS
• Tier 8: 2013 McLaren P1
• Tier 9: Lamborghini Hurácan LP 610-4
• Tier 10: 2017 Ford GT

Remember, you still have lots of time until September 27 (September 23 for Ultimate Edition owners) for you to rank up your score!

Game Reward Cars

If you’ve played select past Forza games on Xbox One, you’ll also receive a free car in Forza Horizon 3 for each of the games you’ve played:

Forza Horizon 2: 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter
Forza Motorsport 6: 2017 Ford Raptor

VIP Reward Car

If you’ve been a Forza VIP member in either Forza Motorsport 6 or Forza Horizon 2, you’ll also receive one of the most exciting European supercars of recent years: the 2015 Koenigsegg One:1!
Unfortunably no credits from owning certain number of cars, like in fm6 loyalty awards, I got about 10 million credits from that, made a huge impact on the start of the game.
The weekly rewards help out a lot. I think they are giving like 400K a week for FH2 and FM6
The weekly rewards help out a lot. I think they are giving like 400K a week for FH2 and FM6
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Actually at rank 9 you get 500k, rank 8 400k, rank 7 300k and so on. For Forza 4 and Forza Horizon 1 you get 50k at rank 9, rank 8 40k and rank 7 30k and so on.used to be once per month. And in the beginning you even got cars. You don't have to log into FM5, FM6 and FH2 every week to get them, only in the other games.
I get 1.2 million credits each month in the last 3 games....so close to get 1.6m
Looking forward to this game, I double checked on the release date today... I'm Tier 7, so should make out well.
23rd if you bought the ultimate edition if I'm not misstaken

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account