Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

I should start buying a spot next to Fsh every year so when I finally do show up it will catch him off guard.
Originally Posted by Kaens
You wouldn't be the first to reserve and no-show...
Planning on going, just have to figure out the money part. Already booked the time off, but hoping flights will come down a little in price before then.
I should start buying a spot next to Fsh every year so when I finally do show up it will catch him off guard.
That spot is already filled by an imaginary person
You wouldn't be the first to reserve and no-show...
Originally Posted by Dacoto
No, no he wouldn't...

That spot is already filled by an imaginary person
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
He meant the other seat...

(We put Imaginary Joe in the corner)
Oh, that'd be great, extra room... If you really want to trick me, send your "homed" console, always nice to have someone that owns all of the games... Make sure you buy all of those ACA games... I think you mentioned you bought the new Japanese game?
Oh, that'd be great, extra room... If you really want to trick me, send your "homed" console, always nice to have someone that owns all of the games... Make sure you buy all of those ACA games... I think you mentioned you bought the new Japanese game?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Probably be a few of us with the new Jp game. I know Streak Leader and I both have it as well.
Probably be a few of us with the new Jp game. I know Streak Leader and I both have it as well.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Mango also has it. We were going to put two people side by side and have races to complete it.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I do, but I can't bring a badge for you, that's terrible idea. If I gave you this drive then you could get your 500 arcade games. I think not.

And yes, I have that JP game, but sounds like many do as well. Currently my "home" console is at my sister's house Wink
So, for us newbies, what's the background on achievement fest? Where is it located, etc?

Sounds like gamers just get together and game in person for a weekend? Any specific games or just time to hang out? How hardcore is it, etc., etc?

Thanks,
Jeff
So, for us newbies, what's the background on achievement fest? Where is it located, etc?

Sounds like gamers just get together and game in person for a weekend? Any specific games or just time to hang out? How hardcore is it, etc., etc?

Thanks,
Jeff
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
This is the 6th Achievement Fest. It started in a discussion thread on 360voice. BoZack owns a LAN Center (eBash) in Terre Haute, IN. We meet up there in mid July, for 3 (or 5) days of gaming and shenanigans. The first few years we set Guinness World Records for most gamerscore earned by an individual and by a group during a 24-hour period, but, that became a bit of a hassle, and we have not made an attempt in a few years. We usually plan out a few difficult to coordinate achievements to boost, share easily completed games we own, set up Japanese and European Consoles for people to play, go out to meals as a group (the Real Buffet Challenge is a particular highlight), end the event with the traditional Cards Against Humanity game, and overall just hang out and enjoy each others' company.

Many of us have been there every year, and many others have only missed 1 or 2 years, with first time attendees joining every year. SOme of us now meet up away from Achievement Fest, too. So, just a way to get together with gamers from around the US (and Canada - we have a Canadian everytimer) who have similar interests.
This is the 6th Achievement Fest. It started in a discussion thread on 360voice. BoZack owns a LAN Center (eBash) in Terre Haute, IN. We meet up there in mid July, for 3 (or 5) days of gaming and shenanigans. The first few years we set Guinness World Records for most gamerscore earned by an individual and by a group during a 24-hour period, but, that became a bit of a hassle, and we have not made an attempt in a few years. We usually plan out a few difficult to coordinate achievements to boost, share easily completed games we own, set up Japanese and European Consoles for people to play, go out to meals as a group (the Real Buffet Challenge is a particular highlight), end the event with the traditional Cards Against Humanity game, and overall just hang out and enjoy each others' company.

Many of us have been there every year, and many others have only missed 1 or 2 years, with first time attendees joining every year. SOme of us now meet up away from Achievement Fest, too. So, just a way to get together with gamers from around the US (and Canada - we have a Canadian everytimer) who have similar interests.
Originally Posted by futiles

Thanks so much for sharing this info. I think I am much more of a casual gamer than you guys are, but it sounds like fun. Plus it is only about a 7 hour drive from where I live. I will definitely think about it. And, I need to run it past the wife since she'll be alone with the kids for a 2nd weekend in a month. :-)
Thanks so much for sharing this info. I think I am much more of a casual gamer than you guys are, but it sounds like fun. Plus it is only about a 7 hour drive from where I live. I will definitely think about it. And, I need to run it past the wife since she'll be alone with the kids for a 2nd weekend in a month. :-)
Last year was the first year we had an Achievement Fest Jr. Some of the attendees brought their spawn to also game for the weekend.
Last year was the first year we had an Achievement Fest Jr. Some of the attendees brought their spawn to also game for the weekend.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Thanks, cannot believe I forgot to include that.
Some of us have become pretty casual over the years. But, we will do things like the gambling achievement in Red Dead Redemption, where it was 8 Hori Turbo controllers checking to the better, while we went and got dinner...
Some of us have become pretty casual over the years. But, we will do things like the gambling achievement in Red Dead Redemption, where it was 8 Hori Turbo controllers checking to the better, while we went and got dinner...
Originally Posted by futiles
This sounds like something I would be up for. Definitely along the lines of some boosting I've done in the past. And my son would probably enjoy this in a few years. He loves gaming but he can only sit still for so long. :-) lol
This sounds like something I would be up for. Definitely along the lines of some boosting I've done in the past. And my son would probably enjoy this in a few years. He loves gaming but he can only sit still for so long. :-) lol
Well, we pretty much let the AFJr attendees loose in the store. They had way more fun going to the open PC/Console area and gaming with the local regulars. How old is your kid? Hotdog, Streak Leader, and I have 13 year olds (12 last year), and they had fun together. And it sounds like we may have more tagalongs, too.
I took my kid on a vacation to Indiana and didn't see him for 3 whole days.
Sorry registration has taken a little longer than expected. It should be available, soon. Had to figure a little logistics out.
lol@hotdogmcgee He's 8 - he'll turn 9 shortly before the event. I was thinking 11-12 seemed like a good age to bring him to something like this.

I appreciate all the info - need to sell it to the boss, errr, I mean wife, soon. :-)
lol@hotdogmcgee He's 8 - he'll turn 9 shortly before the event. I was thinking 11-12 seemed like a good age to bring him to something like this.

I appreciate all the info - need to sell it to the boss, errr, I mean wife, soon. :-)
JB330 brought his kids last year (for a single day), probably closer to your son's age. Your son might be on the lower end of the average age of the store, but, each kid is different. So, yeah, he may be a little young this year, but, I would leave that decision to you.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account