Friday Night Poll: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

General Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 21 (53.85%) Absolutely not

× 8 (20.51%) Of course it is

× 10 (25.64%) Um...

• Added 12-17-2022 06:06 AM
  • 39 votes
No. It's not, for one main reason: The "filling" isn't really contained within the bread. Even though it's in a little channel, it still more or less sits atop it. A hot dog is its own unique thing and it's not a sandwich, just as a sausage sandwich isn't a hotdog.

Now hamburgers, on the other hand...
A sandwich is between 2 slices of bread. Simple as.

Plus a dog is in a single sliced roll. Hence it can not be a sarnie.
The Earl of Sandwich would be turning in his grave....
No. It's not, for one main reason: The "filling" isn't really contained within the bread. Even though it's in a little channel, it still more or less sits atop it. A hot dog is its own unique thing and it's not a sandwich, just as a sausage sandwich isn't a hotdog.

Now hamburgers, on the other hand...
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
In that case, Subway didn't make sandwiches until relatively recently. They used to cut a channel in their bread for the contents before they started slicing the loaves in half. Lol
Am I what now?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I think it's only fair you have the final say!
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I knew you would post this, and I appreciate it.

Also, a hotdog is a taco. I am a structure purist, and a devout follower of The Cube Rule.

https://cuberule.com/
In that case, Subway didn't make sandwiches until relatively recently. They used to cut a channel in their bread for the contents before they started slicing the loaves in half. Lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Subway use to cut out a triangle section of their loaves, fill the channel, and then slap the cutout back on top, technically "sandwiching" the filling between two unconnected pieces of carbohydrates. Making them sandwiches. Then they started slicing them halfway and spreading, making them tacos. Now they cut them in half, and have sandwiches again.
Hotdog tacos is something I could support
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I love a taco, but - heathen or not - I adore the crunchy ones. Oh my god, a lovely crunchy taco!
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Subway don't make Sandwiches. They make Sub Rolls. hence the "Sub" in the name.
I knew you would post this, and I appreciate it.

Also, a hotdog is a taco. I am a structure purist, and a devout follower of The Cube Rule.

https://cuberule.com/
Originally Posted by futiles
Radical. Sandwich. Anarchy. Much like my shopping carts.
Subway don't make Sandwiches. They make Sub Rolls. hence the "Sub" in the name.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Lol It's called a "Sub" roll because it's a submarine sandwhich. You've never heard of a "submarine sandwich"? Aka a Hoagie or Grinder? Lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich
A what or a what.?

If its in a roll or a bap, its not a sandwich.

and you simply cant believe Wikipedia..... they list Trousers as "Pant". Stick Out Tongue
A what or a what.?

If its in a roll or a bap, its not a sandwich.

and you simply cant believe Wikipedia..... they list Trousers as "Pant". Stick Out Tongue
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Well, how about we use "Webster's Dictionary" as a source? lmao
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ine%20sandwich
But, Hoagies, Poor Boys, Grinders (and a host of other names depending on the area) are all names for a Sub (submarine) sandwich.
Let's be honest here, Zoidberg knew the controversy this post would cause. He's obviously a maverick. Doesn't play by the rules. We put up with him because he gets the job done, but no other forum in the world would take his crap.
A provocateur. A saboteur. An anarchist, even.

How sweetly he baited his trap, and how foolishly we stumbled in.

I salute you, oh Berg of the Zoid.
hey I said we were ending the debate

(the answer is absolutely not)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account