Reputation Leveling Coming Soon to Xbox

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

You will soon be divided into groups on Xbox, according to Microsoft Xbox anyways. You'll have your good guys, your bad guys and the guys in the middle who aren't sure whether they're good or bad yet. I made a post the other day about rumors that Microsoft was changing up the reputation system and bringing rewards to users who behaved nicely online. Its seems those rumors are looking to be right if these updates keep coming.

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:

“Good Players” – The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!

Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.

Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.

You can read the full article here.
Last edited 03-27-2014 at 12:47 PM by Damnlag.
Thanks for the link. Based on the previous discussion, most people do not provide positive feedback, and that's true, but there is data they can collect without prompt for user interaction, and starting everyone off at the top level normalizes that so you don't have to work your way up to begin with, but you will have to work your way BACK up if you drop.
So is this going to effectively reset everyone's reputation or are they taking into consideration the reputation we've already earned with the star system. The graphic looks a lot like what we'd see on the One's dash. Is this the new system meant only for One players then? Still a lot of unanswered questions here.
You know this reputation thing was talked about back when they made the jump from the Black Xbox to the Xbox 360. That it would help avoid "bad" players. It never worked right on the 360. I mean you could certainly give players a bad rep, but you could never avoid them in match making. Especially when the matching pool was very limited.

Now this seems like it might be a more enhanced system, but it will have its own issues I am sure. This is Microsoft we are talking about. It's also pretty funny that this is a feature that they are working on NOW, instead of it being part of the new console at launch. Which again says, it wasn't ready for launch last year.

Is Sony doing the same kind of thing with their console?
PS4 had some stability issues until a few updates ago(even Netflix could hard freeze it). They seem to have finally figured it out though. They still don't have their game streaming service out yet but I don't think they ever said that would be a launch thing.

From my outlook they were both rushed out the door but Sony was closer to finished than MS which is why things are the way they are.
PS4 had some stability issues until a few updates ago(even Netflix could hard freeze it). They seem to have finally figured it out though. They still don't have their game streaming service out yet but I don't think they ever said that would be a launch thing.

From my outlook they were both rushed out the door but Sony was closer to finished than MS which is why things are the way they are.
Originally Posted by Johndg
I don't know, I feel like they hit the ground with almost the exact same level of polish, but Sony had a very limited launch lineup in comparison. Sorry that I bought Killzone instead of Knack. Now I own both, but will likely never touch Killzone again.
ive actually gave alot of bad rep n ive prolly avoided at least 10k people when i played gears on a regular basis why u ask? well theres alot of foul mouthed kids that played gears everyday when i did n i think this new rep system will benefit me alot cause i wont have to listen 12 year olds screaming in my ear they can be in the bad rep rooms for all i care
ive actually gave alot of bad rep n ive prolly avoided at least 10k people when i played gears on a regular basis why u ask? well theres alot of foul mouthed kids that played gears everyday when i did n i think this new rep system will benefit me alot cause i wont have to listen 12 year olds screaming in my ear they can be in the bad rep rooms for all i care
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
You haven't seen anything until you play Call of Duty oO
And don't for get anytime you play any fighting game and actually beat your competition. People don't like it when they find out spamming the same move over and over doesn't work on everyone.
You haven't seen anything until you play Call of Duty oO
Originally Posted by Damnlag
thats why i dont cod games anymore or halo but battlefield n gears i could definatly do a 3 or 4 day run there i played gears 3 for 4 n and a half days straight when it came out

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account