Anyone else have trouble downloading the Black Edition pack DLC?

GRID Autosport

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Have redeemed the code fine, but when actually trying to download the DLC, it doesn't work.

All it does is go between 0 and 1% a few times before saying that it can't download.

Have tried clearing cache, rebooting, using a memory stick, chanting to the gaming gods etc etc.

Have reached out to @xboxsupport on twitter, and followed steps above, but in the end they suggested reaching out to Codemasters
I also posted in a thread where someone else has this issue, but no reply yet, and emailed their customer support service, but they weren't much help either, just outlined out how to download it again through Download History (which I have been trying with numerous times).
Have you tried a baseball bat? Just hit it a few times...from the right..lol...no but honestly sorry...the black edition is a DLC code, that's kind of disappointing to hear. Have you downloaded anything else prior to this? Like another DLC or game? Have you tried to take it back and get another copy? Or maybe something in your NAT settings? Not sure if that would be it though.
LOL a baseball bat would be the end of the problems not being able to download it that is for sure... as well as playing games on it fullstop.

Haven't had any issues with the network connection or router it is connected to before.
It downloaded the title update when started the game just fine, and downloaded updates on the Xbox One (same router / internet connection) games as well.

I'm not too worried about returning the game, as that actually works just fine without the code, and it didn't cost any more than a non limited edition. Free stuff is good though. I am guessing I will be able to download it eventually lol, I'll just have to keep trying.
Why this post is on Grid forum?
LOL a baseball bat would be the end of the problems not being able to download it that is for sure... as well as playing games on it fullstop.

Haven't had any issues with the network connection or router it is connected to before.
It downloaded the title update when started the game just fine, and downloaded updates on the Xbox One (same router / internet connection) games as well.

I'm not too worried about returning the game, as that actually works just fine without the code, and it didn't cost any more than a non limited edition. Free stuff is good though. I am guessing I will be able to download it eventually lol, I'll just have to keep trying.
Originally Posted by redknightnz81
You know now that I think about it, I had the same.."sort of" problems with the two free games Halo and Max I pushed the button to install and it would not, it just kept kicking me out and the buttons never changed.. I did this a few times until I just gave up and decided to try again later as support for it may be needed and was relatively sure others would be chiming in on this with MS. I went to XBOX.com to try and put it n my que and on that site it said it was already downloaded.. it was late so I went to bed, next day I turned my ONE on and bam! there they are..

So the point to my story (I figured it out whilst writing it) Try redeeming the code from Xbox.com? or maybe they just had too many people truing to D/L at the time you tried, it may be in your que, so go check the dashboard Games section and see if it's purchasable, it may tell you you already have it downloaded. Just don't accidentally pay for it again, because some times you can do that.
Why this post is on Grid forum?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Because we'er talking about GRID Autosport the game.
Because we'er talking about GRID Autosport the game.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Sorry i read a wrongh topic title
Sorry i read a wrongh topic title
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
LOL.. No problem you made me look at it too. Smile
You know now that I think about it, I had the same.."sort of" problems with the two free games Halo and Max I pushed the button to install and it would not, it just kept kicking me out and the buttons never changed.. I did this a few times until I just gave up and decided to try again later as support for it may be needed and was relatively sure others would be chiming in on this with MS. I went to XBOX.com to try and put it n my que and on that site it said it was already downloaded.. it was late so I went to bed, next day I turned my ONE on and bam! there they are..

So the point to my story (I figured it out whilst writing it) Try redeeming the code from Xbox.com? or maybe they just had too many people truing to D/L at the time you tried, it may be in your que, so go check the dashboard Games section and see if it's purchasable, it may tell you you already have it downloaded. Just don't accidentally pay for it again, because some times you can do that.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Tried adding the DLC back into the download queue from xbox.com but again, ended with the same result.
Doubt it would let me try and redeem the code again, as it is already tied to my account.
It isn't available on the marketplace, tried the NZ (local), US, GB, AU markets and nothing there.
Looks like I will just have to keep trying to download it, or give up (NEVER!)
Call support and raise hell!! Eventually you'll get something out of it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account