Removing Gamerscore cheaters?

Feature Requests

Found 32 posts - Go to Last Post

Remove gamerscore cheaters from the leaderboards?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (81.82%) Yes

× 2 (18.18%) No

• Added 01-23-2015 04:07 PM
  • 11 votes
What is the the site policy on removing gamerscore cheaters? A couple of people in the top 20 have VERY obviously gamesaved all their achievements.
Most of the mods here know or know of the majority of the people in the top 20. If you have a concern, I would suggest a PM to one of the mods to check it out.

I would not recommend calling an individual out publicly unless you have strong proof of gamesaved or hacked achievements, and even then, a PM is still the best way to handle it.
I'm not calling anyone out, I was just wondering if the site actively removed cheaters. Its pretty obvious that at least 3 of the top 20 have gamesaved all their achievements. I will message the mods the names of them and see what happens
ive also noticed 2 of them where banned for cheating on ta n now there on here what a surprise
Short answer. Nothing will happen. There is no policy, and all of the previous threads about "cheaters" or "hackers" or "gamesavers" have basically been ignored.

Maybe that will change, maybe it won't, does not really matter.
It just seems to make the leaderboards and well as the rare/super rare achievements on the site kinda pointless if you just allow such obvious cheaters to be on the leaderboards.
It just seems to make the leaderboards and well as the rare/super rare achievements on the site kinda pointless if you just allow such obvious cheaters to be on the leaderboards.
Originally Posted by II N0 Scope45 I
That isn't what makes leaderboards and rarity pointless...
Well it's all pointless really, but all the other achievement sites remove cheaters so I figure they would remove them here as well.
Kinda ironic that you're the one to start this thread, Matt, seeing as you've cheated almost every game on your card.
Kinda ironic that you're the one to start this thread, Matt, seeing as you've cheated almost every game on your card.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
Hows life at your granmothers, Zane? Surprised she lets you use the internet.
Is this a cute "let's argue with each other on the web and giggle while everyone thinks we are serious" thing, or are the two of you actually bringing some bad blood history to this forum?

And either way, would you stop?
Is this a cute "let's argue with each other on the web and giggle while everyone thinks we are serious" thing, or are the two of you actually bringing some bad blood history to this forum?

And either way, would you stop?
Originally Posted by futiles
I thought it was pretty cute.
It's more ironic than anything. We're actually a heterosexual life couple who raises sheep in rural Scotland.
Either way its time to close this thread, before any real damage is done.
At request of Langhostio I am re opening this thread. I'm hoping that is not a mistake, but I'm not above giving second chances, he did explain that they were both just joking and that he and II N0 Scope45 I are friends. Just be aware gentlemen that the internet and the written word sometimes does not convey the joking or sarcastic inflections (It doesn't translate well) you may think and this may cause others to jump into your argument to your aid or just to add fuel to the fire and sometimes that leads to thing s being said that can not be taken back or misunderstood and regretted. That can also lead to actions taken against you or others such as temporary suspensions or permanent removal from the site.

This being said I'm glad that I have misjudged you two and that we have good natured community willing to step in and help out.
At request of Langhostio I am re opening this thread.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Why? Even with all of the other information, why re-open it? There is nothing of quality being discussed. It is a repeatedly asked question. There is no policy, and that has been answered. Nothing else good can come of this thread. Leave it locked and dead.
Why? Even with all of the other information, why re-open it? There is nothing of quality being discussed. It is a repeatedly asked question. There is no policy, and that has been answered. Nothing else good can come of this thread. Leave it locked and dead.
If there isn't a policy and this question is being asked repeatedly, then maybe it's a subtle hint that one should be attempted to be put in place? It really ruins the integrity of no only the site, but every member on it when we are seen harboring people who have done something at heinous as cheat at the recreational activity of achievement hunting.
If there isn't a policy and this question is being asked repeatedly, then maybe it's a subtle hint that one should be attempted to be put in place? It really ruins the integrity of no only the site, but every member on it when we are seen harboring people who have done something at heinous as cheat at the recreational activity of achievement hunting.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
Nope, it has absolutely no effect on my integrity. In fact, my posts in here pretty much fall right in line with anything I have ever said or posted about witch hunting. And, it isn't heinous. Heinous would have to have a direct and intentionally painful and damaging effect on someone else. It may be in poor taste, it may be silly, it may even be stupid, but, it isn't heinous.

And, that still doesn't require this thread to be unlocked. And since subtle hasn't worked, direct is probably the approach to take, if it is important to you. Message Eric, directly. If he cares about it, he will implement a strategy to take of this. If he does not care, then it is time to let it go. He either agrees with your side, or he doesn't, and there really would not be anything to do at that point.
Nope, it has absolutely no effect on my integrity. In fact, my posts in here pretty much fall right in line with anything I have ever said or posted about witch hunting. And, it isn't heinous. Heinous would have to have a direct and intentionally painful and damaging effect on someone else. It may be in poor taste, it may be silly, it may even be stupid, but, it isn't heinous.

And, that still doesn't require this thread to be unlocked. And since subtle hasn't worked, direct is probably the approach to take, if it is important to you. Message Eric, directly. If he cares about it, he will implement a strategy to take of this. If he does not care, then it is time to let it go. He either agrees with your side, or he doesn't, and there really would not be anything to do at that point.
Who are you to say that something isn't heinous? It hurt me and it clearly hurt N0 Scope enough that he felt the need to ask about it. From the way you're acting about it you're giving off a vibe that you have probably tampered with your gamerscore in some way and are afraid that if a policy was put into place that you would face removal from the site.
You are kinda siding with gamerscore cheaters with your opposition of a policy which does indeed ruin your integrity.
I have messaged Eric about it, but I imagine he is busy and hasn't responded to me yet. I'm sure alot of people would be for some sort of cheater policy to be put in place. No one likes being beaten on a leaderboard by someone who is clearly a cheater and I personally think it hurts the site by letting them stay on the leaderboards.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account