Comments Showcase

Feature Requests

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned
Can we have the ability to add our achievement comments to a type of showcase for easy access and tracking?
You don't ask for much do you? lol.. Just joking I like a lot of your ideas, but this one? Not sure about it, I mean why would you need a comment showcase? How about a link to the achievements you have already commented on instead? That would at least keep the clutter of the full comments down and you could fit more on your page.
Well if we could "star" some of our favorite posts. Maybe it's a link someone shared or maybe B8tingu came to my wall to cry about losing a bet and I want to highlight it. In my filter, I could select my starred or favorites and see just those I love.
Sound a lot like TA latest solutions. That's okay since as some have said in the posts it's odd that features requested here wind up there, so a good idea is a good idea. Plus like I said in another thread there needs to be a way for people to see what solutions are out there say by date/ user/ highest rated, this will be one of the only ways more people will get the 2 badges for up votes.
You don't ask for much do you? lol.. Just joking I like a lot of your ideas, but this one? Not sure about it, I mean why would you need a comment showcase? How about a link to the achievements you have already commented on instead? That would at least keep the clutter of the full comments down and you could fit more on your page.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well if you have 500 solutions/comments on the site. How do you want to show which ones are your favorite? They can't all be gems I'm sure, but the really good ones you may want to promote and maybe get those 25 thumbs up.
Sound a lot like TA latest solutions. That's okay since as some have said in the posts it's odd that features requested here wind up there, so a good idea is a good idea. Plus like I said in another thread there needs to be a way for people to see what solutions are out there say by date/ user/ highest rated, this will be one of the only ways more people will get the 2 badges for up votes.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Yup that's what I was talking about. I just don't want us to constantly say "like TA" and now that they have already implemented some of the stuff that we had already brought up (not this) to the casual passer by it will seem we are copying them.
I'd like to see a solutions summary page for each player. Then, each player can thumbs up or even favorite a solution. I'd like to go into so and so's solutions and see how they have contributed.
I'd like to see a solutions summary page for each player. Then, each player can thumbs up or even favorite a solution. I'd like to go into so and so's solutions and see how they have contributed.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Liking thus idea, it MS on the same level as what I have referred to on occasions. We have a profile and on that we have multiple tabs/pages maybe if we get the ability to customize the main page with any feature Fr any of the other pages and we could add another page with all this type of stuff comments, solutions, videos, contribution and such. What I think we need to so is figure a way to get this site to make money like other sites, enough so Eric can make this a full time job and support him.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Love it. Just add a tab say next to posts add- solutions. A quick way to go into someone's profile see all their solutions and up/down vote.
Status changed to 'Planned' - Some fantastic ideas in this thread. I'll work on adding a Solutions/Guides page for each user.

I was also thinking about adding a new tab to the achievements section showing you achievements you haven't unlocked yet sorted by rarity. It can be used to show you which achievements you should go after next.

What do you guys think?
Last edited 10-10-2015 at 09:28 PM by GTN Eric.
Status changed to 'Planned' - Some fantastic ideas in this thread. I'll work on adding a Solutions/Guides page for each user.

I was also thinking about adding a new tab to the achievements section showing you achievements you haven't unlocked yet sorted by rarity. It can be used to show you which achievements you should go after next.

What do you guys think?
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Yes please.

What do you guys think?
Good idea, but sometimes those rare achievements require you to unlock others before them, so it would just be like going to the achievement page? I was thinking of just the same idea but list the game instead, but then my idea is caught in my same reasoning...I like the way your thinking, but I'm sure we can come up with something we like..or if you really want to work on something...lol..
Good idea, but sometimes those rare achievements require you to unlock others before them, so it would just be like going to the achievement page? I was thinking of just the same idea but list the game instead, but then my idea is caught in my same reasoning...I like the way your thinking, but I'm sure we can come up with something we like..or if you really want to work on something...lol..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
If an achievement is needed for another (like beat Chapter 2 before Chapter 1) then it will be at best equally as rare. You're over thinking it.
If an achievement is needed for another (like beat Chapter 2 before Chapter 1) then it will be at best equally as rare. You're over thinking it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, if you sorted from Most Rare to Least Rare, then yes, Chapter 6 would show up before Chapter 1, but that would be expected. But, if you sorted from Least Rare Locked Achievement to Most Rare Locked Achievement, then in no way should an achievement that requires another achievement you do not already have show up in a less rare level.

What do you guys think?
Sounds interesting enough, lets add it!
I wonder if we could group them by game, say a list of games showing how many of each rarity type is remaining in that game. I'd be more likely to play a game than has 5-10 "easy" achievements, rather than 1 or 2.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account