Quick look of the new Xbox one UI

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

I’m not someone who really gets involved in the whole “console wars” thing, instead opting to own both consoles so I don’t miss out on any exclusives. For the most recent consoles I decided to start with the Xbox One, due to a couple of reasons: one being the simple fact that more people I knew were also going this route; and the other being Microsoft’s too-good-to-pass-up Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed Unity bundle for the much more affordable $350 price tag. I’m still saving up for the PlayStation 4 (and eventually maybe even my own PC setup like all the cool kids have), but for now it’s Xbox One and the pile of Xbox 360 and PS3 games I still have to play or finish.

For the most part my Xbox One experience has been fine, functional. But there are two major issues that really got under my skin as I first started figuring out how this strange and new machine worked compared to my comfortable and familiar 360.

The first was the realization that Microsoft immediately steals over 130GB of the 500GB you paid for just to run their operating system. Not a pleasant discovery, especially with games hitting 30GB, 40GB, 50GB, and larger these days. The other was the user interface. I adored the Xbox 360 user interface, everything was smooth and easy to navigate. For the Xbox One, it was like navigating a maze trying to figure out where everything was. Not to mention trying to close or keep organized all the games and apps you’re using that just love to re-open if you push the B button one time too many. Something just wasn’t working, and owners of the system made this known.

Thankfully Microsoft took notice and has this re-design to offer. We can only hope it works much better than the current setup. Now can we bring our Xbox 360 avatars back into the game? I’m not one to spend a ton of money on avatar gear and items, but bringing out my Tyrannosaurus Rex pet or AWESOM-O companion and seeing friends’ avatars before jumping into whatever game I was playing was an oddly enjoyable little pre-game activity. Far better than the random, boring pictures we have now.

What do you think? Is this a much better user interface design for the Xbox One?
Last edited 09-24-2015 at 08:20 AM by P3.
So, did they do anything to make it easier to sort through our games? What ever happened to a list view so I can read/sort the list and find what I want?
Looks too much like UMB.
Originally Posted by Kaens
What is UMB?
What is UMB?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Sorry, XMB (PS3's UI) - http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...tions/xmb.html

Navigate on the two axis, only difference is the vertical is locked on the X1.
So, did they do anything to make it easier to sort through our games? What ever happened to a list view so I can read/sort the list and find what I want?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
My & Apps is the same as before. all thats new is the UI, Home, Community, Games Stroe, App Store, Movies & TV, Music. all re-done and all games i had download didnt load as i start the game so i had to redownload all of it alot of my games and app are missing in My Games & App so had to go to store to get it back. its in preview its not finished its a 1GB update i wont know more till more updates come out.
Well I for ONE (pun intended) Appreciate the look see into what is coming. Thanks for posting this!
Well I for ONE (pun intended) Appreciate the look see into what is coming. Thanks for posting this!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
people have a right to know about what coming
people have a right to know about what coming
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
Actually, they don't. Since you are not under an NDA, it's fine, but, if the preview program was an NDA agreement, you could be in trouble.

Plenty of previews and betas include NDA, thereby specifically agreeing that people do not have a right to know what is coming...
Actually, they don't. Since you are not under an NDA, it's fine, but, if the preview program was an NDA agreement, you could be in trouble.

Plenty of previews and betas include NDA, thereby specifically agreeing that people do not have a right to know what is coming...
Originally Posted by futiles
So you're saying they have the right, unless they don't.... How profound...
So you're saying they have the right, unless they don't.... How profound...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
No, I'm saying there is no "Right to Know" - that doesn't exist. However, no one is going to assault him for posting information.

He is free to post. Which is very, very different from another person's right to know.
No, I'm saying there is no "Right to Know" - that doesn't exist. However, no one is going to assault him for posting information.

He is free to post. Which is very, very different from another person's right to know.
she btw and yes we are free to post about whatever we like
she btw and yes we are free to post about whatever we like
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
I know we are. As I said, it isn't an NDA, so, we are free to post. I said, others do not have a "Right to Know" - that doesn't exist in this scenario.
Any idea when the general public can expect to see this?
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
November 2015. This is the major update, that releases full backwards compatibility to the public, full Windows 10 integration...
I wasn't expecting a major UI change this quickly, looking forward to the improvements, though. I admit I've pressed B too many times myself on several occasions, so that change alone is worth it.
I wasn't expecting a major UI change this quickly, looking forward to the improvements, though. I admit I've pressed B too many times myself on several occasions, so that change alone is worth it.
Some of it is about Windows 10 update and the rest probably about how screwed up they made it when they launched the One.
This November, Your Xbox One Experience Gets Faster and More Social than Ever

Is awesome....
November 2015. This is the major update, that releases full backwards compatibility to the public, full Windows 10 integration...
im just hope the backwards compatibility list is good.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account