Halo Wars: Definitive Edition Early Access Out Now

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is now live for anyone who pre-ordered the Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition. Early access lets fans of the original 2009 RTS to get a jumpstart on Halo Wars: Definitive Edition ahead of Halo Wars 2's February 2017 launch date.

So what does the Definitive Edition include? Other than being optimized to run on Xbox One and Windows 10, the game now packs improved visual, support for 4K and all of the DLC from the original release. There are also new bonus achievements and content to check out, if you're a fan of the original.

The game itself is included alongside the $80 Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition bundle (which also includes the season pass). As Halo Wars developer 343 Industries points out, those who pre-ordered the game digitally should start receiving redemption codes for Halo Wars: Definitive Edition today. Once received, you can redeem the code on your Xbox console or in the Xbox App relatively easily. Do note that the codes can take between 7 and 10 days to reach you after you've pre-ordered.

If you're interested, you can go ahead and pre-order Halo Wars 2 ahead of its February 17 launch date. Are you planning to catch up on some Halo Wars: Definitive Edition action over the holidays?
Last edited 12-23-2016 at 09:05 AM by Senpai.
Ok....um, does this mean anyone can get in and how dis you get yours, did you preorder? Sorry I get very curious about these things.
Ok....um, does this mean anyone can get in and how dis you get yours, did you preorder? Sorry I get very curious about these things.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
you have to pre-order Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition - $79.99 in order to get early access to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition it's the full game
Oh...cool, I can wait though. Btw didn't mean to sound like a jerk up there I just see a lot of post that don't give all the information need and it makes me scratch my head...lol. It's the little things that people miss that they take for granted that maybe they think everyone else is also in the know, but we really don't know....you know what I'm saying? Lol.. Besides my confusion how's the game so far and compared to the first one how's it holding up better or worse? I'm actually done with most of the first, I just have to go back and finish stuff up...ugh.
Oh...cool, I can wait though. Btw didn't mean to sound like a jerk up there I just see a lot of post that don't give all the information need and it makes me scratch my head...lol. It's the little things that people miss that they take for granted that maybe they think everyone else is also in the know, but we really don't know....you know what I'm saying? Lol.. Besides my confusion how's the game so far and compared to the first one how's it holding up better or worse? I'm actually done with most of the first, I just have to go back and finish stuff up...ugh.
it looks and plays the same for the most part, it's jest upgraded to 1080p and 60fps and every DLC ever came out for the game on 360 comes with it, the achievements are the same as the 360 achievements
it looks and plays the same for the most part, it's jest upgraded to 1080p and 60fps and every DLC ever came out for the game on 360 comes with it, the achievements are the same as the 360 achievements
Originally Posted by Gaming Assassln
Wait what? This is just a port? I thought this was a totally new game... Man I'm not sure if I want to grind this one again... Unless it gives you all the achievements if you've played the 360 version?
Wait what? This is just a port? I thought this was a totally new game... Man I'm not sure if I want to grind this one again... Unless it gives you all the achievements if you've played the 360 version?
Halo Wars 2 is a new game.
Halo Wars Definitive Edition is the Xbone Remaster of Halo Wars.

Much like all of the other Xbone/PS4 remasters of 360/PS3 titles, it is the same game, with the same content, and all the same achievements, basically in a "Game of the Year" format with all DLC. So, if you want a new game, you want Halo Wars 2. If you bought (pre-ordered?) Halo Wars 2, you got Halo Wars Definitive Edition for your Xbone free, and indeed, got early access to it.
Halo Wars 2 is a new game.
Halo Wars Definitive Edition is the Xbone Remaster of Halo Wars.

Much like all of the other Xbone/PS4 remasters of 360/PS3 titles, it is the same game, with the same content, and all the same achievements, basically in a "Game of the Year" format with all DLC. So, if you want a new game, you want Halo Wars 2. If you bought (pre-ordered?) Halo Wars 2, you got Halo Wars Definitive Edition for your Xbone free, and indeed, got early access to it.
Originally Posted by futiles
you can only get it if you buy Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition
it's a Xbox Play Anywhere title so you can play it on Windows 10 or Xbox One
you can only get it if you buy Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition
The fact that it say "Early Access" implies there will eventually be "Regular Access" to it. I am sure it will hit the market place for everyone, eventually.
The fact that it say "Early Access" implies there will eventually be "Regular Access" to it. I am sure it will hit the market place for everyone, eventually.
343 Industries won't be selling the game outside of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, "Regular Access" is when the ultimate edition comes out
Oh, er I'm dumb, I thought we were talking about Halo Wars 2...lol.. If this is a play anywhere title then would/could the achievements stack and if they do then you should be able to cloud save your original and just unlock them when you open it again in the One?
343 Industries won't be selling the game outside of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, "Regular Access" is when the ultimate edition comes out
Or, it will be available in 2017

http://www.gamezone.com/news/halo-wa...n-2017-3446734

Making a game port, and not selling it, doesn't happen.
Sucks that I've had the physical edition of the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered since Day 1 and can't get into this...
Sucks that I've had the physical edition of the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered since Day 1 and can't get into this...
Originally Posted by Mike Pitch
Well it says that you should get a code. Maybe you need to look into that.
Well it says that you should get a code. Maybe you need to look into that.
Codes are only going to digital pre-orders. I will get the physical copy 4 days earlier than those who are only getting the standard edition however.
Oh, er I'm dumb, I thought we were talking about Halo Wars 2...lol.. If this is a play anywhere title then would/could the achievements stack and if they do then you should be able to cloud save your original and just unlock them when you open it again in the One?

Progress goes with you pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.
Or, it will be available in 2017

http://www.gamezone.com/news/halo-wa...n-2017-3446734

Making a game port, and not selling it, doesn't happen.
call of duty modern warfare remastered only able with digital legacy and deluxe edition, so it does happen
So I guess I'm missing something i pre-ordered and can't see the remaster to play it
So I guess I'm missing something i pre-ordered and can't see the remaster to play it
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
did you get the Ultimate Edition

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account