More MOBA games for 360 and one?

Gaming Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

what do you guys think do we need more MOBA games for the 360 and one?
I mean how many do we have? like proper MOBA? coz we don't have anything like LOL or DOTA..
I don't know why we don't have any decent MOBA games, dungeon defenders isn't exactly a first class game that reminds me of a tower defence game for the younger generation, I've played but lost interest rather quickly yet something like LOL or DOTA would probably keep me glued to my controller..

speaking as someone without a pc, I hate the fact certain games are restricted to pc when the technology is perfectly capable of running something like LOL or DOTA..

please share your thoughts..
If I had to guess it is mostly due to interface/controls. MOBA's have the effective interface/controls of a RTS which are notorious for being bad on consoles due to the controls/interface not transferring well(with only a few exceptions).

As far as I know Guardians of Middle-Earth is the only MOBA I know of on consoles and it didn't meet with much positive word of mouth or reviews, although some of that is most likely due to it being one of the only ones that isn't free to play.
yh I had heard about the guardians of middle earth, what about a similar style to diablo 3? that seems to work.
the interface problem certainly would cause issues I do admit, but it would be nice to see a MOBA for consoles maybe in the future..
I believe the new game Heroes of the Storm could be released for consoles. There's no last hitting for instance, and the whole team levels up as one. It is easier to master than DOTA 2. I don't know how it will work with the camera though, seems you always need a mouse for those type of things.
There also FF XII ? Sorry if I got that number wrong, but that is still playable on the 360... Of course anyone attempting to start it now will have about 12hrs of updates... We also have TES Online incoming soon!! I personally not sure if I want to do that...I may never be seen again!
Yeah FF12 is the MMO, but a MOBA is a different genre, there are not many MOBA games right now, it is actually an evolution of a MOD on Warcraft 3 the old game and with the recent success of League of Legends and DOTA 2 in some way, many companies seek to establish a MOBA franchise of their own.
Yeah FF12 is the MMO, but a MOBA is a different genre, there are not many MOBA games right now, it is actually an evolution of a MOD on Warcraft 3 the old game and with the recent success of League of Legends and DOTA 2 in some way, many companies seek to establish a MOBA franchise of their own.
Originally Posted by pieter1986
Ah..I guess I'm not so savvy on the MOBA talk...I thought it was MMO...perhaps you can explain in a few short sentences...
Basically take an RTS and remove base and unit building and instead only control one hero unit. There are 2 teams of 3-5 people depending on map size with 2-3 lanes. Each team has a base with towers defending it and the lanes. Minions start to spawn around a minute after match start and the goal is to destroy the enemy base. You kill enemy minions/towers/heros for gold which is used to buy equipment. That is about as basic a description as you can get and there is plenty more like the jungle areas around the lanes as well as a central dividing point that is usually a river.

This type of game has become increasingly popular the last 3 years since they are easy to get into(free) and have constant content additions(characters).
Sounds like WoW.... Or Guilty Gear 2 Overture but probably on a much larger scale....or I'm just mit seeing it... Either way sounds kinda fun. My current PC getup will not allow such things and I'm working on my gf mac and she hates extra stuff like games on it. Maybe time to star saving for a new PC.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account