Is There A Too Old??

General Chat

Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

So I just got done streaming on my Twitch channel... Normally streams go pretty smooth... But tonight some people stopped by and made some comments..

Now I know they were trolling to a point but it made me feel off.. They said "He's a grown man playing with kids".. "Weird someone my age games on Xbox and still plays video games"..

What are you thoughts and ages?.. is there really too old?.. I'm 29 about to be 30 in a month. I've never cared what people thought about me, but just made me feel off.
29 is not at all too old. Science predicts that all of us will live past a hundred years old. Those kids were definitely being trolls. They feed off of personal info and twist it in a negative way. No worries. Keep on playing!
Last edited 04-21-2014 at 04:17 PM by ApacheMapache.
I'm 31. Turn 32 this year. Forget them, and keep killing' it.
I just turned 32 also and i like to game alot when i hav the time. they just hating cause your probably not gaming with them.Hey if thats what you love doing dont never stop it cause someone else doesnt.tell them to kick rocks!! Blow bubbles and better hope and pray they make it to be our age.Damn amateurs
What's wrong with 50 or 60. If you love playing games, age has no limits. Its not like you are hang out with them at a bar. You have no control who gets in on-line lobbies
Maybe an age closer to 50 or 60 could be too old an age. 29 is not at all too old. Science predicts that all of us will live past a hundred years old. Those kids were definitely being trolls. They feed off of personal info and twist it in a negative way. No worries. Keep on playing!
Originally Posted by T3chn0W1ldcat
We got a handful of Achievement Fest regulars that fall in that age range, Might want to retract that,

Also, the whole Seasoned Gamers caln/webgroup might take issue.
I really wouldn't mind them kids. I know how it can get to you tho. I am 27 and I know that 16 year olds would probably outplay me in those FPS where u gotta have quick reflexes, and yeah mine aren't the best. But I play to have fun (and/or maybe escape from reality) and enjoy myself. Theres always gonn be trolls who will say hurting things because their lives suck or they cant figure out how to stream themselves. I remember a ~50 year old gamer who was decent successful with streaming and had a good strong core viewersgroup and often didnt play at all and just discuss things with his viewers! So yeah there is NO too old!! Smile
be 39 this fall ill be playing games well past 100 if a kid is screaming in his kinect mic just mute them i mute all kids under 25 no sense in chatting with some that has a sqeeky voice
I'm 40 and I here what your saying, but I have have a job and I buy my own games, service console and I'm not gonna let anyone tell me what's too old or too bad. The first year of live I ran into kids and older most of the time they told me what they were going to do or what they did to my mother......while this may somewhat amusing for me and my closer friends, this is not what I pay my hard earned money to hear or experience,...that's why I searched and found a good mature group of gamers, to play and ultimately boost with.... You see boosting for me is not just about gamerscore, its about socializing as well, yes there are times I want too boost for gamerscore, but really I hate sessions where no one talks for long periods of time.

That's why I have so many profiles around the web, I've been looking for a good community, where people generally get along and have fun and have good honest conversations and joke around and can get past their differences...

Its your life, you do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't include hurting others (illegal activities) then I don't care what others think, why let a few bad apples spoil your fun. Its not worth it, they're just putting you down because of issues they have.

Game on my friend....
I agree with what everyone else said. I'm 41 and I'll put all those youngin's in their place! I was playing games before those little shits were born and if they think they can tell me who can and can't play games they've lost their minds. They are playing MY hobby, that I've been playing since the hobby started, so stfu kid because you don't know what you're talking about. That goes for rap music too, that's MY generations, you little punks are just copying me.

That's how I'd handle it.
I'm 36- I've played on & off since the Atari console days. My wife got me back into gaming & we game together when we can (and she routinely matches my kill stats in Left 4 Dead). I know several avid gamers over 40 & dozens in the 30-40 range. I have personally seen seniors playing Wii, having a blast, & laughing it up in retirement communities. I've even met some really cool kids playing Shoot Many Robots- kids with a solid understanding of teamwork. It's a legit hobby for anyone- no matter their age or gender. Twitch/YouTube/forum posts/etc are all ways of sharing with the community. I have found in every form of social media that there is always a small subset of jerks waiting to fulfill their destiny of ruining it for others- people who never bothered to learn manners or who have made a conscious decision to ignore them. My rule is ignore the fools & the trolls- no matter how young or old.
You're never too old to enjoy things in your life. Fuck 'em.

JUST PLAY!
Ignore them there are idiots, that do not realize in time they will be in the same situation. Some one will tell them they are to old and I bet they will respond the same way most everyone here has.
Just saw a summary of a recent study by the Entertainment Software Association.
Average age of gamers: 31 years old.
Average number of years played: 14.
Just saw a summary of a recent study by the Entertainment Software Association.
Average age of gamers: 31 years old.
Average number of years played: 14.
Originally Posted by diseased maniac
Do you have a link?
What? He asked for a link.
Originally Posted by futiles
And thank you.
Crap. I beat both those numbers... and I'm still enjoying myself. (now that I stopped caring about 360voice streaks)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account