Resolved
Just adding my name here as one of those who can't get this to unlock. Wink Tried everything I could think of, including using IE, Chrome and Firefox, still no luck.
Created misfut.wordpress.com - Lined - Doesn't show connected on connections.

Try to reconnect - says connected.
Originally Posted by futiles
And it shows that I have a Wordpress account connected, which uses OpenID...
Is there any update as to the resolution of this issue? I see that some people are managing to unlock this....
Well, I know B8TINGU had said he would manually award some, I guess I wasn't one, but he wanted to leave some so Eric would have some examples.
Still unable to get the OpenID to connect properly, so still cannot get the OpenID badge. It appears that the last time the badge was unlocked/awarded was in July....
Still unable to get the OpenID to connect properly, so still cannot get the OpenID badge. It appears that the last time the badge was unlocked/awarded was in July....
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
And those were manual adds, I don't think it's 'worked' for the entire time I've been here (a year).
This should be fixed now. I was able to unlock it on my test account. Please try it again and let me know if you continue to have issues. I will also run through and send the OpenID badge to those that should have unlocked it already.
Weird. I just tried this with my StackExchange OpenID account. According to the log there I "Authenticated to gamertag-nation.rpxnow.com". Here I get an error though and it shows not connected with no badge. I'll keep trying.
It used to try to sign in my google account, but now I'm getting this error;

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
I apologize for those experiencing issues connecting your OpenID to your Gamertag Nation account. I have since retried the OpenID Connected badge and replaced OpenID with Instagram. OpenID, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to quite work as expected.
I apologize for those experiencing issues connecting your OpenID to your Gamertag Nation account. I have since retried the OpenID Connected badge and replaced OpenID with Instagram. OpenID, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to quite work as expected.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Any chance I can get it added before you retire it?
Sorry Buckswana, but OpenID connectivity was removed altogether. There's a new badge for connecting to Instagram though.
Sorry Buckswana, but OpenID connectivity was removed altogether. There's a new badge for connecting to Instagram though.
Instagram? Isn't that the thing women use to post pics of their crafts?
True, but it's another badge I can't get now, that the 2 guys I'm trying to keep pace with on the badge leaderboards have. Somehow Fsh got it to work, but Kaens had it given to him, which was why I asked before.
True, but it's another badge I can't get now, that the 2 guys I'm trying to keep pace with on the badge leaderboards have. Somehow Fsh got it to work, but Kaens had it given to him, which was why I asked before.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I love Canadians, so polite. In my defense, I did complain about it for the entire time I was here, including starting this thread nearly 5 months ago!
New badge, fantastic :-)
I love Canadians, so polite. In my defense, I did complain about it for the entire time I was here, including starting this thread nearly 5 months ago!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Do you have a tracking sheet for that?

Guess I'm getting an Instagram account.
Do you have a tracking sheet for that?

Guess I'm getting an Instagram account.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Funny thing is, after I mocked it, turned out I already had one :blush:
Funny thing is, after I mocked it, turned out I already had one :blush:
Originally Posted by Kaens
So, let's see your womanly craft projects...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account