Entertainment center setups for mounted TVs?

Tech & Electronics

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

How many devices do you have hooked up to your tv?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 4 (10.81%) 1

× 22 (59.46%) 2-3

× 5 (13.51%) 4-5

× 6 (16.22%) 6+

• Added 03-26-2021 09:54 PM
  • 37 votes
Hey all,

Currently in the process of house hunting (0/10, would not recommend right now), and I keep finding all these houses that don’t have layouts that lend themselves to a proper entertainment center with shelves and such. Lots of mounted TVs, many of which are mounted in the corner of the room. It’s not the worst thing in the world, but now with 3 gens of Xbox, a switch, and a couple playstations to account for, I’m having a hard time envisioning how to hook it all up without having a bunch of wires just hanging in open space.

So for those of you who’ve mounted your TVs and have a clean looking gaming setup, hit me with em. I’d love to get some ideas, and I’m sure lots of you would love to show off your awesome arrangements after a year now of few to no people being able to come see them.
I currently have 5 different consoles hooked up to my tv. I use two different HDMI switches as the TV only has 2 HDMI ports.
So, why does your console or anything else need to be anywhere near your TV? HDMI can go 50' without any dropoff or needing a booster. Most set top boxes have RF remotes now, so, no line of sight needed. You consoles are all wireless controllers with decent range.

You could easily have a mounted TV with all the components on the other side of the room, or behind the wall in the room behind your TV.
So, why does your console or anything else need to be anywhere near your TV? HDMI can go 50' without any dropoff or needing a booster. Most set top boxes have RF remotes now, so, no line of sight needed. You consoles are all wireless controllers with decent range.

You could easily have a mounted TV with all the components on the other side of the room, or behind the wall in the room behind your TV.
Originally Posted by futiles
Decent point, but sometimes I like to use wired controllers if I’m working on an achievement that needs some idling time, there’s charging cables, older games that are on disks, etc. Plus there’s always the possibility of a situation where there isn’t a room on the other side of the mounted wall, and then there’s the issue of exposed cords if you’re locating it in another room - unless there’s a solution to that I’m not aware of, which is more or less what I’m trying to find out.
Decent point, but sometimes I like to use wired controllers if I’m working on an achievement that needs some idling time, there’s charging cables, older games that are on disks, etc. Plus there’s always the possibility of a situation where there isn’t a room on the other side of the mounted wall, and then there’s the issue of exposed cords if you’re locating it in another room - unless there’s a solution to that I’m not aware of, which is more or less what I’m trying to find out.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
Walls are hollow. So, depending on if you have an attic over the wall, or a basement under the wall, you can easily run all your cables in-wall. And again, HDMI has the ability to go 50' (maybe more, it has been a while) without a booster, but, you can get a booster to go further. Flat HDMI can even be run under carpet of a floating laminate flooring. Most carpeted rooms have a baseboard which actually has enough of a gap under it to push the cabling under. I did USB wall plates on one of my previous setups, so that all the electronics were in a closet, but, wired controllers could be connected below the television.
Walls are hollow. So, depending on if you have an attic over the wall, or a basement under the wall, you can easily run all your cables in-wall. And again, HDMI has the ability to go 50' (maybe more, it has been a while) without a booster, but, you can get a booster to go further. Flat HDMI can even be run under carpet of a floating laminate flooring. Most carpeted rooms have a baseboard which actually has enough of a gap under it to push the cabling under. I did USB wall plates on one of my previous setups, so that all the electronics were in a closet, but, wired controllers could be connected below the television.
Originally Posted by futiles
Or get a projection device and have nothing mounted on the wall at all. Everything goes into a low profile cabinet.
Or get a projection device and have nothing mounted on the wall at all. Everything goes into a low profile cabinet.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Did I share that badass new style projector with you recently? I know I shared it with a group, but wasn't sure if it was one you were in.
For my set up I just have two things plugged into my tv. I do not like having too many wires.
My TV is mounted on the wall. My 360 and xbox one x is also mounted to the wall too. I have a little one and consider the safety of a toddler. So all lose wires are zip locked and hidden. So I have no entertainment center. Lol. You could say My entertainment is mounted to a wall.
My TV is mounted on the wall. My 360 and xbox one x is also mounted to the wall too. I have a little one and consider the safety of a toddler. So all lose wires are zip locked and hidden. So I have no entertainment center. Lol. You could say My entertainment is mounted to a wall.
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
I wanna see a photo of this.
I wanna see a photo of this.
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I figure someone would want to see a photo of this set up. Also have room for next generation xbox series x/s.

But has soon has I figured out how to post a picture on this thread I will.
I figure someone would want to see a photo of this set up. Also have room for next generation xbox series x/s.

But has soon has I figured out how to post a picture on this thread I will.
To post an image you will need to have it hosted somewhere else. An option is Twitter (X now), if you Tweet it then you can imbed the tweet image here, or just the URL from a hosting site.
I don't think I have a Twitter if I do shows how often I get on it. But I do have a Facebook but dont post pics to it. But I do have an Instagram and post pics every now and than on it.
I hoping this works. I posted a picture to my Instagram account. Copy and pasted the link below. If it doesn't work. My bad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz2kJb3L...RlODBiNWFlZA==
I hoping this works. I posted a picture to my Instagram account. Copy and pasted the link below. If it doesn't work. My bad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz2kJb3L...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Nice. Thanks for putting in the effort to satisfy my needs!
Nice. Thanks for putting in the effort to satisfy my needs!
Originally Posted by Snappleback
No problem. I'm proud of it. It didn't cost a whole of money to do it either. I just wanted to keep my xbox collection away from my kid and also wanted my kid to be safe at the same time. Also if it gives other people ideas how to get rid another big bucky furniture in there living room. Happy to help. I'm also not even finish with it. I still gotta get the kinects up and also a sound bar. So it's a work in progress.
When I click on the link it launches Instagram but I only get this message:

Sorry, this page isn't available.
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Go back to Instagram.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account