The "Alan Wake"

Gaming Chat

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Shouldn't the Alan Wake game series have Quantum Break included? It's apart of the universe, and developed/released by Remedy.
Who gets to decide what goes in the series? Should I PM them to get this added ? Please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...s&seriesid=255
btw the title of this post was supposed to say Alan Wake Series. I forgot the last word so sorry.
I haven’t played QB or AW so I don’t know much about them, but you could say the GTA and Red Dead Redemption series’ should be combined using this argument. Same universe, same developer.

Conversely, you could say Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon isn’t part of the Far Cry series because it isn’t in the same universe. (And Far Cry 6 takes place in a timeline where the events of FC5 and FC: New Dawn didn’t take place.)

Seems like it just opens up too many questions. Are the Half Life and Portal the same series because they’re in the same universe? Are the Lego Star Wars games not part of the Star Wars series because they’re in the Lego universe? Or are they part of the Star Wars series and not “true” Lego games? Deferring to the title of the games put Lego Star Wars in both series, which I think is appropriate.

Personally, I think it’s better to just go off the title of the game in most cases. Maybe this is one case where an exception could be made (as I said I haven’t played the games) but my gut reaction is that these sorts of exceptions should be rare to avoid confusion.
Shouldn't the Alan Wake game series have Quantum Break included? It's apart of the universe, and developed/released by Remedy.
Who gets to decide what goes in the series? Should I PM them to get this added ? Please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...s&seriesid=255
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I'm not 100% sure they're the same universe and not just some easter eggs (after all, somebody is actually playing the Alan Wake game in Quantum Break), but even if they are the same universe, I think these games are only tangentially related rather than being part of the same series.
Control and AW are in the same universe and probably get more answers in AW2
I haven’t played QB or AW so I don’t know much about them, but you could say the GTA and Red Dead Redemption series’ should be combined using this argument. Same universe, same developer.

Conversely, you could say Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon isn’t part of the Far Cry series because it isn’t in the same universe. (And Far Cry 6 takes place in a timeline where the events of FC5 and FC: New Dawn didn’t take place.)

Seems like it just opens up too many questions. Are the Half Life and Portal the same series because they’re in the same universe? Are the Lego Star Wars games not part of the Star Wars series because they’re in the Lego universe? Or are they part of the Star Wars series and not “true” Lego games? Deferring to the title of the games put Lego Star Wars in both series, which I think is appropriate.

Personally, I think it’s better to just go off the title of the game in most cases. Maybe this is one case where an exception could be made (as I said I haven’t played the games) but my gut reaction is that these sorts of exceptions should be rare to avoid confusion.
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
You're taking the term "the same universe" way too lightly. What I mean is they follow the same timeline and events from quantum break are documented and the lore is followed in control. Why are you responding to my post if you haven't even played any of the games?

Anyway, I wasn't posting here to debate it. I was asking who can add it, since it is in fact in the same series.

True achievements has it linked as well.

Here's an IGN article if you really need additional information. https://www.ign.com/articles/how-con...-all-connected

However, I would say this IGN article is lacking detail. The developers have made it pretty clear if you just play the games.
Last edited 05-14-2023 at 02:46 PM by HyruleBalverine.
I'm not 100% sure they're the same universe and not just some easter eggs (after all, somebody is actually playing the Alan Wake game in Quantum Break), but even if they are the same universe, I think these games are only tangentially related rather than being part of the same series.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
They are 100% in the same universe and timeline. The only reason we haven't got quantum break 2 with more evidence of this, is due to licensing drama with Microsoft and Remedy.

Do you know of any admins who can add quantum break to the official gamertag nation series for "Alan Wake" ?
You're taking the term "the same universe" way too lightly. What I mean is they follow the same timeline and events from quantum break are documented and the lore is followed in control. Why are you responding to my post if you haven't even played any of the games?

Anyway, I wasn't posting here to debate it. I was asking who can add it, since it is in fact in the same series.

True achievements has it linked as well.

Here's an IGN article if you really need additional information. https://www.ign.com/articles/how-con...-all-connected

However, I would say this IGN article is lacking detail. The developers have made it pretty clear if you just play the games.
They are 100% in the same universe and timeline. The only reason we haven't got quantum break 2 with more evidence of this, is due to licensing drama with Microsoft and Remedy.

Do you know of any admins who can add quantum break to the official gamertag nation series for "Alan Wake" ?
Something like this will always be debated as everyone will have different opinions on things. Even TA doesn't list these as the same series as "Alan Wake" as you suggest, but rather as a separate "Remedy Connected Universe", which I'm not opposed to setting up (and I would be one of the people to do it, to answer that question). But, that brings with it another can of worms... do we create a new series for each group of separate games that appear to be in the same overarching universe?
  • GTA and Red Dead
  • GTA, Manhunt, and Bully
  • Kane & Lynch and Hitman
  • Cyberpunk and [i]The Witcher[/I}
  • Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs
  • Cars, Up, Brave, and Toy Story
Just to name a few.
Obviously, for things like Halo Wars, it makes sense to have them as part of a Halo Wars series and a Halo Series as Halo Wars is a specific style of game taking place in the exact same universe at the same time as the other standard FPS Halo games. The others seem more like easter eggs.
However, after doing more digging around I found a link talking about Remedy actually confirming this (I didn't see that in your link, which I fixed by the way Wink ) and eventually found my way here: https://www.remedygames.com/awe-the-...ossover-event/ so with official word we're golden, Ponyboy.
Something like this will always be debated as everyone will have different opinions on things. Even TA doesn't list these as the same series as "Alan Wake" as you suggest, but rather as a separate "Remedy Connected Universe", which I'm not opposed to setting up (and I would be one of the people to do it, to answer that question). But, that brings with it another can of worms... do we create a new series for each group of separate games that appear to be in the same overarching universe?
  • GTA and Red Dead
  • GTA, Manhunt, and Bully
  • Kane & Lynch and Hitman
  • Cyberpunk and [i]The Witcher[/I}
  • Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs
  • Cars, Up, Brave, and Toy Story
Just to name a few.
Obviously, for things like Halo Wars, it makes sense to have them as part of a Halo Wars series and a Halo Series as Halo Wars is a specific style of game taking place in the exact same universe at the same time as the other standard FPS Halo games. The others seem more like easter eggs.
However, after doing more digging around I found a link talking about Remedy actually confirming this (I didn't see that in your link, which I fixed by the way Wink ) and eventually found my way here: https://www.remedygames.com/awe-the-...ossover-event/ so with official word we're golden, Ponyboy.
Thanks for digging into that! Sorry, that IGN link didn't have it in there. The title did though. I honestly skimmed it and noticed its missing quite a bit of stuff. I noticed you already added the Remedy Connected Universe Series.

Thanks for getting that setup! Big Grin
Thanks for digging into that! Sorry, that IGN link didn't have it in there. The title did though. I honestly skimmed it and noticed its missing quite a bit of stuff. I noticed you already added the Remedy Connected Universe Series.

Thanks for getting that setup! Big Grin
Oh, I don't mind at all. So, there's now a series set up for both Alan Wake and Control, and I'll add one later for Quantum Break if/when the sequel comes out, and for the overarching universe. Just like we do with Marvel and DC Comics games.
Oh, I don't mind at all. So, there's now a series set up for both Alan Wake and Control, and I'll add one later for Quantum Break if/when the sequel comes out, and for the overarching universe. Just like we do with Marvel and DC Comics games.
And one for the combined universe of Fallout and Elder Scrolls...

I am about 90% tongue-in-cheek, about...

Originally Posted by futiles
Deathclaws are just dragons that were forced through an Oblivion portal when the bombs fell. (The portal was too small and so their wings got cut off.)
Deathclaws are just dragons that were forced through an Oblivion portal when the bombs fell. (The portal was too small and so their wings got cut off.)
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
Bethesda has been adding Elder Scrolls Easter Eggs since they acquired Fallout. With the more excepted fan theory being that Elder Scrolls is set in the far future, with radiation mutations leading to the existence of magic (Fallout 4's whole Salem Witch area was originally going to have kids with magic powers, but, a lot was cut). Nirnroot is the biggest Easter egg, but, a few Daedric Artifacts have shown up in both series.

At this point, everything is Easter Eggs and nothing actually saying "THESE ARE THE SAME" which is why the 90%
They should definitely not be in the same series. Not at all. The link is barely there.

Alan Wake and Control, however... They absolutely should. I mean one of the DLCs is all about Wake for crying out loud.

Originally Posted by futiles
I mean easter eggs are not the same as what I'm discussing. Just putting easter eggs does not make them connected. It has to be intended lore references that prove the connected worlds.

Quantum Break made references to Control on a couple of occasions. One of the Quantum Ripple events will cause conspiracies to emerge related to a "Bureau of Altered World Events." The words Altered World Event and AWE appear in other points of the game as well. Altered World Events are an important plot element of Control, as is the "Bureau" that deals with them. This in my opinion is one of the biggest but not the only.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20161119144459

https://control.fandom.com/wiki/Altered_World_Event
They should definitely not be in the same series. Not at all. The link is barely there.

Alan Wake and Control, however... They absolutely should. I mean one of the DLCs is all about Wake for crying out loud.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Why exclude quantum break? It literally has an entire chalk board of unanswered riddles/questions about Alan Wake/AWEs. See my reply above too with how directly connected Control is with Quantum Break. How is the link "barely there" when it's laid out word for word and reference and reference to the main basis of the games' plot?
Why exclude quantum break? It literally has an entire chalk board of unanswered riddles/questions about Alan Wake/AWEs. See my reply above too with how directly connected Control is with Quantum Break. How is the link "barely there" when it's laid out word for word and reference and reference to the main basis of the games' plot?
I felt like maybe he was replying to my tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Fallout and Elder Scrolls are the same universe.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account