ms ban hammer is making its rounds

Xbox 360

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

if u downloaded any games from regions that dosent support xbl u will get console banned or u may even get perma ban like some of my friends did
Was just reading this as well. I'm proud to say I've never done anything shady like that, but to each his own. I do enjoy reading the Xbox Forums when they do this and people act like they don't know why it happened.
A lot of people on TA are gettin the ban hammer dropped on them....it sucks, but at least they are not getting a reset (I don't think). I guess the other part of the problem is that people were game duping. Thankfully I have never done any of the above. If Stallion was guilty of making fake accounts and/or game duping, do you think they would ban his xbox?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Here is a link to the thread for those of you who are not familiar, and I'm sure you can find a similar thread on almost every gaming site

http://www.trueachievements.com/foru...anchor=3929892
I don't really get that the people that are getting bans know they did something, but are surprised MS finally caught them. If you created a fake Moroccan account to download a free game I'm pretty sure that's against ToS. People don't seem to generally come out and say "Yup they caught me".
Uh, does the Pac-Man stuff count from yesterday? If so, I'm screwed!
I would think getting a perms ban and getting reset are about the same thing. I mean if you get perma band then your the only one that will ever see your gamerscore anyway and it won't likely be able to be posted on any site. While getting reset is just the same except, everyone sees you got reset and pretty much only a few people would actually know what happened to you if you just disappeared....either way I say you reap what you sew.

There again I'm not overly sure if making a fake or secondary account in another region would be bad just to get a free game...now game dupping and sharing is a whole other story, I hate being in parties and listening to people talk to their friends saying how they swap profiles and play each others games...matter of fact, I have to clean my friends list of a few just such people I have recently found this very fact about.....sickens me really.
u do realize that at least half of the gs community profile swap yall actually think that some of these 500k n 600k gs guys got there on there own??? i dont think so they have been trading accts since the begining
u do realize that at least half of the gs community profile swap yall actually think that some of these 500k n 600k gs guys got there on there own??? i dont think so they have been trading accts since the begining
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
Not saying I have 500 or 600k, but I play my own games and would never share my account. I don't doubt that some people do, but just because someone has a high score you shouldn't assume they cheat. I've been steady getting 50k a year for 8 years now. That's only 1k a week and I'm married, three kids, full time job. If I was single and less career oriented I have zero doubt I'd be in that range.
Not saying I have 500 or 600k, but I play my own games and would never share my account. I don't doubt that some people do, but just because someone has a high score you shouldn't assume they cheat. I've been steady getting 50k a year for 8 years now. That's only 1k a week and I'm married, three kids, full time job. If I was single and less career oriented I have zero doubt I'd be in that range.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Agreed. Hell I managed over 100K last year all on my own.
this is really bad news for so many of my friends..the good point its not GT BAN!
im not saying every1 does but i know do alot of ppl that has done it
I know smrnov on a personal level, we've been friends a long time now, and I can only vouch for him. I think there is a greater deal of Gs manipulation issues than we are aware of.
well i do have a few friends with 20 plus xboxes n multiple dummys accts cause they hate playing mp with randoms i dont blame them i would do the same but i only have 6 xboxes for boosting mp only stuff cause i myself dont care for mp id rather have all games single player
well i do have a few friends with 20 plus xboxes n multiple dummys accts cause they hate playing mp with randoms i dont blame them i would do the same but i only have 6 xboxes for boosting mp only stuff cause i myself dont care for mp id rather have all games single player
20 boxes...don't you think that's a slight exaggeration.. I can see 6 maybe 10... Not saying your lying maybe someone is lying to you though.. 20 boxes at once online in the same house......think about that...i just don't think that would be possible with all the lag they would get..unless they have a server bank or something...I have 2 boxes online and two cable tv not connected to my Xbox which use Netflix and two Pc plus the mobile equipment, phones and tablets and if more than 4 of them are going then we start having problems...
yes he has 20 boxes ive boost saints row 1 with him n he had at least 6 boxes there n i did gears 1 n gears 3 with this guy n we was the only real ppl in those matches plus he runs a buisness out of his house n he uses that internet no lag at all he also rents a private server to play mp for internet so there is never any randoms n i plan on buying another 4 xboes this black friday so if 1 burns out ill have it there
yes he has 20 boxes ive boost saints row 1 with him n he had at least 6 boxes there n i did gears 1 n gears 3 with this guy n we was the only real ppl in those matches plus he runs a buisness out of his house n he uses that internet no lag at all he also rents a private server to play mp for internet so there is never any randoms n i plan on buying another 4 xboes this black friday so if 1 burns out ill have it there
Please use periods
See he's the exception not the rule, he has his own servers and a business out of his house so of course his house is going to be "supped up" and wired completely different than normal houses. And if I may add, your post doesn't really sound like it's really you writing that....just saying, unless your trying to be funny. Smile
thats why i havent any mp in the last year or so cause a few ppl on ta ruined alot of sessions 4 me n i dont use periods im a dude not a chick lol
See he's the exception not the rule, he has his own servers and a business out of his house so of course his house is going to be "supped up" and wired completely different than normal houses. And if I may add, your post doesn't really sound like it's really you writing that....just saying, unless your trying to be funny. Smile
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Right now I have seven Xboxes, four in my bedroom (two US, two Jap), one in living room, one in my son's room, and one in my closet (in the box duh). I gave up on boosting after my first year, even though occasionally I'll do it when I have the digital version of a game. I've had two fail and given two away (to family). Why do I have so many? Honestly I have no idea. I used to be able to tell you, they just kinda breed.

I preordered three Xbox Ones first day of E3. WTF for? Well I ordered one from Amazon, but then worried I wouldn't get one so I preordered from MS store knowing that was my best bet. Then the next day they put it on the dashboard and gave you a little achievement for it. Umm, I just ordered two, where's my f'n achievement!? Figuring I could cancel the ordered after the cheevo popped I placed another one never getting to cancel it. Oh well! I'm sure I'll find something to do with it, maybe I'll save it boxed for my collection.

Again, I don't doubt for a second that people share accounts. I'm sure for some it's just a financial thing, Mom & Dad won't buy us two copies of gold. I know some people have full access to games for free, maybe they work at Gamestop, or own a gaming center (BoZack), or maybe they just have tons of time and money (which seems to be Stallion's deal).

Anyways, long story longer, whenever the rumors like this run around I'm never nervous even though I obviously bounce around multiple consoles because I haven't done anything wrong. I have an old NTSC-J account I created back in 07 and I've never had a problem, but granted I never used it much. Now, thanks to the free deals in other regions, I've created an Oman and Moracco account. I have downloaded them on my primary box and verified they work on my primary account. Now maybe I'm just lucky, but currently ALL of my accounts and Xboxes work. So the longer time goes by, the more I think people were banned for other reasons. I'm not judging anyone (that's what the first several paragraphs were saying) because I don't know.

I work as a tech manager, and I can't think of a reason MS would be doing a rolling ban for the the behavior people are saying. They'd simply close down the loopholes, query the database for account that go these games for free, and IF they wanted to ban consoles at same time, find out which console owned the same rights to the immorally downloaded games. Then they'd ban everyone all at once. They fact that people keep getting hit day after day implies to me, MS has decided to crack down on some other behavior and keep catching new people that meet the requirement. We will probably never know for sure unless we know someone personally affected.
yah these latest bans have got me clueless i just think they r doing so ppl will need a new xbox in nov no other reason i can think of

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account