2TB external on Xbox 360

Tech & Electronics

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

I would have asked futiles on his wall, but we aren't friends and he's disabled it, sooooo...

Is anyone in the preview program and using a 2TB drive yet on their 360? I ordered this one in anticipation, but no idea if it's any good. I mostly bought it because of color and form factor. My 360 finally had an update so I assume I'm on the latest preview build and the drive should arrive tonight. Anyone?
I have not, but, I did intend to swing by Best Buy and grab one. I have enjoyed my WD My Books so much, that I plan on just going with something from that line.

I might go get this (as I have $40 in rewards): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-pa...&skuId=9617227
Last edited 04-21-2015 at 07:56 PM by futiles.
Yeah they both have 4.5 star ratings, but I probably should have gone with the brand I've been trusting. Guess I'll find out!
I picked up the WD I linked to earlier. Started the transfer process (individually, as I don't want EVERYTHING moved. Takes forever at USB2 (compared to USB3 on the X1).

But, will be so worth it once done. I have games on 3 different 360s, and I have RockBand songs no longer available. I can move everything, including my profile and saves to the 2TB drive, leaving 2 USB Thumbdrive slots open for my wife and son to use their profiles on, and have everything ready to go. Probably won't finish all the migrations until this weekend, though. (10 years of content is a bitch to consolidate, and plenty of GwG to redownload)
Yeah I'm successfully patched and up to date now but my drive won't be here until tomorrow. I'm anticipating this taking at LEAST all weekend long because like you I have a stupid amount of games spread across multiple consoles.

I'm very much looking forward to the consolidation though. The One has spoiled me and I get seriously put out if I have to get up and put a disk in (which is why I've been killing arcade titles lately).
Yes, I hate having to actually touch a disc (WTF is that all about????) and walk over to the console. I am very excited about consolidating.
OH!!! You have multiple consoles of multiple regions, yes? You can use the one HDD on multiple regions, yes? Let me know how well it works going from NA-to-EU-to-JP/Asia, please.
OH!!! You have multiple consoles of multiple regions, yes? You can use the one HDD on multiple regions, yes? Let me know how well it works going from NA-to-EU-to-JP/Asia, please.
Originally Posted by futiles
I've already done that with the internal 250GB drives, it works fine. The license is still tied to the one you downloaded it to, which as long as you are online doesn't matter at all. Right now my retail games are on my NTSC-J box and I've downloaded a PAL game to my NTSC console and played fine.
So I can hook my 1tb up to my 360?

Do I have to format it?

Do I have to format it?
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
Not yet, but soon after the next update. Unless you are in the preview program.
Not yet, but soon after the next update. Unless you are in the preview program.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Okay, thank you.

Do I have to format it?
But yes, you will have to format it.
But yes, you will have to format it.
That sucks. It has important stuff on it. I will see if my Mom has used hers before I buy one.
That sucks. It has important stuff on it. I will see if my Mom has used hers before I buy one.
I would never suggest using a drive with important information in a situation like this. You will be accessing information continuously, and the more you use something, the more likely you are to find a failure. Important documents and information should be kept separated from entertainment.
OH MAN!!! They made this SOOOOOOO much better. Now, you highlight your HDD on your console (the originating source) and press Y, then transfer content, then you can select which items to/not to transfer. So, I want to leaving Minecraft, Terreria, Netflix, Xbox Music, and Avatar editor on the console? Sure, just uncheck them! Sweet. No longer need to transfer everything (no choices) nor transfer one item at a time...
OH MAN!!! They made this SOOOOOOO much better. Now, you highlight your HDD on your console (the originating source) and press Y, then transfer content, then you can select which items to/not to transfer. So, I want to leaving Minecraft, Terreria, Netflix, Xbox Music, and Avatar editor on the console? Sure, just uncheck them! Sweet. No longer need to transfer everything (no choices) nor transfer one item at a time...
That's actually been there awhile. I wish there was a deselect all. I wanted to move only about 10 things, but I had literally 1000 items. That's why those 10 things are still on that drive!!
That's actually been there awhile. I wish there was a deselect all. I wanted to move only about 10 things, but I had literally 1000 items. That's why those 10 things are still on that drive!!
Originally Posted by Kaens
There is! Highlight the subcategory (Like Apps/Games) and you will notice an option for (X) Unselect All Apps/Games (or, it might be within the sub category)

Kicked this off at 7pm. Four hours later I still have over 100 items to go. This is withOUT downloading my full retail games.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account