Xbox one.. Is it worth it yet??

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

Just wondering if the Xbox one Is actually worth buying yet...?
Aside from the better graphics and quicker system and all those other odds and sods, there really doesn't seem to be much going for it at the moment, I mean the prices aren't bad but there not exactly cheap, it isn't exactly pocket money and its not far off a months worth of work... (shameful look at wallet and watches the moths fly out of it...).
Is it just me but how long do you think 5 or 6 games of which maybe 3 or 4 interest me, are gonna last?
so what I'm trying to say is, shall I wait a few months let the prices drop and more games come out or is it really to good to wait?? I forgot to mention my 360 is on its last legs it really needs to be replaced, so new 360 or the Xbox one?
The price of the Xbox One is not going to drop any time soon (on the scale of years to half a decade). I have not had any real downtime on the system. I've enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 4, Ryse, LEGO games, Dead Rising 3 (especially), Peggle 2, Powerstar Golf, and Zoo Tycoon. Depending on which ones interest you, I think you'll be fine. Oh, did I forget to mention Titanfall? That game has been amazing. I think it has been worth it from day two (day one was spent downloading the games, as the system didn't show up until about 1830 in the evening.)

Project Spark is also proving to be a great "app/game/thing" that' quite a bit of fun, and something my daughter and I can play together.
yh I wasn't imagining it dropping soon, I have watched the trailers on ryse, titanfall, assassins creed black flag and dead rising and they do look awesome I do have bf4 on 360 and it is a pretty good game is there much of a visible difference on the one?

I have read about project spark too I think that could be an awesome game, the possibilities for that are endless imagine incorporating some of those features in different games especially rpg's.

I think there should be like an adult version of spark with more in detailed designs and more options and layers aswell as the less "cartoony" option. an example of that could be something skyrim or fallout based with more in depth design and more of an adult based gaming interest.
I think the differences between the versions will become bigger and more noticeable as time goes on and I can see the industry 'moving on' from x360 and ps3 with the releases from Q3 2015 onwards, where the released games will not be released for x360 and ps3. It also depends a bit on the economy I feel, so it could drag on longer.

I myself am waiting a bit longer, the One hasnt even been released over here yet (september is the goal now it seems) and the only game I am currently looking forward to is the new Final Fantasy which looks like the first real next gen title (imo ofc. (same happened for FFXIII at that time after first trailers released and we all know how that ended up)). So yeah I will prolly get the one when that game arrives, maybe a little in advance, depends on my own expenses at that time. Smile
I don't like the fact you cant play 360 games on it though its just a scam they are just doing what they've always done like with the upgrade from original to 360, why cant they let you play your 360 games? if they did I'm pretty sure they would have a lot more sales by now you could guarantee it!
The price of the Xbox One is not going to drop any time soon (on the scale of years to half a decade). I have not had any real downtime on the system. I've enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 4, Ryse, LEGO games, Dead Rising 3 (especially), Peggle 2, Powerstar Golf, and Zoo Tycoon. Depending on which ones interest you, I think you'll be fine. Oh, did I forget to mention Titanfall? That game has been amazing. I think it has been worth it from day two (day one was spent downloading the games, as the system didn't show up until about 1830 in the evening.)

Project Spark is also proving to be a great "app/game/thing" that' quite a bit of fun, and something my daughter and I can play together.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
What do you mean, people have been talking about the Xbox One Titanfall bundle dropping to $450 Friday at walmart and bestbut online.
Touché, but that is a limited offer, it will go back to regular system when they sell them all. And that is not necessarily a price reduction, that's a bundled game, which they have done since launch with some titles and regions.
Touché, but that is a limited offer, it will go back to regular system when they sell them all. And that is not necessarily a price reduction, that's a bundled game, which they have done since launch with some titles and regions.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Whether its limited or not, its cheaper than launch price and will help sell.
I don't like the fact you cant play 360 games on it though its just a scam they are just doing what they've always done like with the upgrade from original to 360, why cant they let you play your 360 games? if they did I'm pretty sure they would have a lot more sales by now you could guarantee it!
Originally Posted by xXChaoticMothXx
Not sure what you mean. The 360 upgrades were smaller, more efficient versions of the same hardware.

This is completely different hardware architecture. Game consoles, to do what they do, run off of hardware processes. So, things like the graphics processor actually run it natively. On a PC, you can do either. So, for a X1 to play 360 games, or a 360 to play Xbox games, you have to have either the hardware of the previous system in it (which is what Sony did with PS2, it actually has a PS1 in it), or you have to write a software emulator to make a virtual version of the old system (Which is what the 360 and PS3 did).
Not sure what you mean. The 360 upgrades were smaller, more efficient versions of the same hardware.

This is completely different hardware architecture. Game consoles, to do what they do, run off of hardware processes. So, things like the graphics processor actually run it natively. On a PC, you can do either. So, for a X1 to play 360 games, or a 360 to play Xbox games, you have to have either the hardware of the previous system in it (which is what Sony did with PS2, it actually has a PS1 in it), or you have to write a software emulator to make a virtual version of the old system (Which is what the 360 and PS3 did).
Originally Posted by futiles
why cant they at least do a survey or hold a vote on which games can be played on the one, I mean some original xbox games could be played on the 360 you just had to download a small file which enabled you to play the game.. why cant they do that? dosnt have to be every game just the most popular, I mean who wants to lose all there saved games and data? especially when some of us have put hours into certain games like skyrim fallout etc
why cant they at least do a survey or hold a vote on which games can be played on the one, I mean some original xbox games could be played on the 360 you just had to download a small file which enabled you to play the game.. why cant they do that? dosnt have to be every game just the most popular, I mean who wants to lose all there saved games and data? especially when some of us have put hours into certain games like skyrim fallout etc
Its up to the developer ultimately. The developer is in it to make money as its a business. They don't want to spend a bunch of time remaking games that had there time to shine when they could be making newer and better games.

Your not losing anything, your just getting a new console. Of course if you sell or get rid of your Xbox 360, then that's on you. I've played my 360 probably just as much as the Xbox One since getting it, didn't lose anything.
yh I understand that I think they would make money if they could patch some games, I wouldn't mind paying to play a game ive already purchase.
I just think it would be a great way to keep sales going whilst other companies are still developing there games, its not as thought they have to re design the game just make It playable. it worked for the 360, an example of that could be predator concrete jungle for original xbox, all you had to do was download an update of a few megabytes and away you go re- living memories and being in nostalgia heaven!

im not trying to rant as such just would like to know if other people would agree with this?
yh I understand that I think they would make money if they could patch some games, I wouldn't mind paying to play a game ive already purchase.
I just think it would be a great way to keep sales going whilst other companies are still developing there games, its not as thought they have to re design the game just make It playable. it worked for the 360, an example of that could be predator concrete jungle for original xbox, all you had to do was download an update of a few megabytes and away you go re- living memories and being in nostalgia heaven!

im not trying to rant as such just would like to know if other people would agree with this?

Of course people agree, which is why people complain about it. But, from a business stand point, it doesn't make sense. 360 and PS3 were both software backwards compatible, and it was barely used. Seems like the reports were less than 5% of all playing time in the first 18 months were on previous generation games. So, they both canceled support for it, and honestly, had no real backlash.

So, why even consider it now? Even Nintendo dropped Gamecube support from the Wii 3 years ago, and no one even noticed. The only people that really ever ask for backwards compatibility are ones that usually classify themselves as hardcore, elite, or some other term to identify themselves as special, and they make up less than 10% of console/game sales. (Xbox Live has 20 Million subscribers, TA has 200,000 registered accounts, that is only 1%)

So, focus on what will sell to the 90%, and the 10% will just come along.
Of course people agree, which is why people complain about it. But, from a business stand point, it doesn't make sense. 360 and PS3 were both software backwards compatible, and it was barely used. Seems like the reports were less than 5% of all playing time in the first 18 months were on previous generation games. So, they both canceled support for it, and honestly, had no real backlash.

So, why even consider it now? Even Nintendo dropped Gamecube support from the Wii 3 years ago, and no one even noticed. The only people that really ever ask for backwards compatibility are ones that usually classify themselves as hardcore, elite, or some other term to identify themselves as special, and they make up less than 10% of console/game sales. (Xbox Live has 20 Million subscribers, TA has 200,000 registered accounts, that is only 1%)

So, focus on what will sell to the 90%, and the 10% will just come along.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ouch! Talk about hammering that one home and ruining my day...lol..well I hope they at least put games on demand versions of 360 games on the One network, that would be great! I understand about what your saying about turning a profit, but they are big enough to show us 1%ers some love that way at least..

As for the original topic, have you tried a pawn shop for a new 360 I picked one up last year and its still going great, actually it was my second, I have since bought a third but that one was for my gf daughter...which is also still working great. They usually have good deals and even a layaway program. Speaking of layaway if your area has K-Mart or Toys R Us they both have very nice layaway programs most of the time you don't even pay a fee. Then you can pick one or 360 or if your so bold...both!!

the One may be more price but it does way more and add the fact you can play Blu Rays, if your into that... The One is the way to go, slow and steady but if you feel like burning thru games at a fevered pace...slim 360 and you got an awesome backlog of over 1100 games...and then add the fact that the support is not going anywhere for a while, it gives you time to stash a little on the side to get ready for your One and by the time that happens the One will be in full swing and you'll have plenty of games.

Just be aware the One seems like its geared more toward the completionist as every game is automatically installed to the hard drive and I know people that thier 500g HD is now almost 90% full...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account