The "360voice" Badge Calculator

General Chat

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

The hosting plan for the Badge Calculator is coming up for renewal, I don't see any point to continue hosting it.

Is there anything from the Calculator that people would like to see carried over as functionality here?
The what-now? Oh yeah, that thing you did. Yeah, sad to see that go too. Let me look on it and get back.
Yeah, we need to be able to compare badges.
Perhaps you should post this thread over on TA. They're fond of appropriating 360voice features as their own.
The part about having a team of people who help maintain the badges might be nice, although that suggestion has been ignored multiple times in the past.
Perhaps you should post this thread over on TA. They're fond of appropriating 360voice features as their own.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Not a bad idea. I think you should post the suggestion.
Not a bad idea. I think you should post the suggestion.
Originally Posted by Spazpol
sigh......
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Ahhhhh SNAP!
Sad to see it go, any plans to Open Source it?
Originally Posted by FlutteryChicken
The problem here is that is based off of badges from 360voice that are no longer maintained, plus off of APIs from 360voice that no longer updates the data.
The problem here is that is based off of badges from 360voice that are no longer maintained, plus off of APIs from 360voice that no longer updates the data.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
would you be able to do something like that here, perhaps?
would you be able to do something like that here, perhaps?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Which part? The badges here mostly calculate themselves. Although we don't really have visibility into other people's progress in a summarized form.

There was a calendar page that I'd love to replicate that only a few people ever used. It basically charted when you got badges, what games you played on any given day. It was a good way to see what people were playing. We don't have play history but it would be another good way to summarize achievement activity I built that before I maintained 360voice, so basically I reverse engineered the blog entries
Well maybe we could integrate the 360 badges in to GTN? Those badges you could gain and loose just like over their, seeing as we have our own badges this would be just sort of an add on too, maybe give them a whole different spot on the profile.
Well maybe we could integrate the 360 badges in to GTN? Those badges you could gain and loose just like over their, seeing as we have our own badges this would be just sort of an add on too, maybe give them a whole different spot on the profile.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, those badges required a team, working pretty regularly together, to keep them as well organized as they did. Since this site seems to deny the need for a badge team as it is, that sounds like a horrible idea.
I was one of the ones who used the calendar, liked being able to look back and see achievement gains and/or completions for any given week.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account