Do you wanna get married?

General Chat

Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

if yes why

if no why
Hey marriage has good times and bad times... It is nice to always have someone to go home to. Smile

Been married for 18 years this Sept...
Been married for 18 years this Sept...
Originally Posted by dmiller68
Wow, that's very impressive man. Congratulations!

I have a girlfriend who I have been dating for the past year and a half and I can't say that marriage hasn't crossed my mind. I'm 21 years old though and I've got a few more years to get myself on steady ground. That's the biggest thing holding me back I suppose.

I would find it odd for someone on here to say that they don't want to get married at least sometime in their lifetime. But hey, I haven't explored the single life in awhile so my mindset is different too.
When I get my life sorted I'll think about it. Right now I have other things on my mind...like getting a job so I can afford to enjoy summer.
well that's a good idea Billy lol

18 years................WOW..........seriously

as for me

i dont wanna get married

i wanted to when i was a little girl but stuff happened in my life that changed my mind

no matter what people tell me about how wonderful marrige is

i wanna believe them but what u see as a kid,stays in ur mind

and i hear stories-not good ones-that make me cling even harder to my thoughts about it

it's sad but i cant change,i dont know how to change Frown
I was engaged briefly, as I'm sure a lot of you know.

Didn't end well. But anyway, it hasn't put me off marriage. At all.

It'll happen when it happens. Same for everything in life.
lol i didnt know

and i dont want it to happen
Maybe she wants to do the whole single mum thing, or just cohabit.

Some people find Marriage unnecessary.
Hey everyone, long time no see!

Well I just got married on February 26th, 2009. It was my wife's and I 4th year anniversary of going out and being together. So it felt right, anyways we were already living together for about 2 months.

Its great being married, its fun to have someone that you love around all the time, well not all the time but most of the time at home.
It's the burner! Congrats, man, that's the best news I've heard in a while. Nice to see my old chums are getting ahead in life.
Very nice man, 4 years is definitely impressive. Today marks one year and a half with my girlfriend so I can considerably respect that. Smile
Wow, that's very impressive man. Congratulations!

I have a girlfriend who I have been dating for the past year and a half and I can't say that marriage hasn't crossed my mind. I'm 21 years old though and I've got a few more years to get myself on steady ground. That's the biggest thing holding me back I suppose.

I would find it odd for someone on here to say that they don't want to get married at least sometime in their lifetime. But hey, I haven't explored the single life in awhile so my mindset is different too.
Originally Posted by Eric
I was about to say, the only time I can remember you not dating was maybe 7 years ago or longer?? lol Marriage is a great thing but one thing is true, you can't just dive head first into it. It's something that you have to be absolutely positive about before EVEN considering. It took 5 years with my special lady before we were even positive about the notion. Children, in my opinion, are still no exception to rush into marriage. I'm happy to say that my daughter was born out of wedlock and there is NO PROBLEM at all with that. Its wonderful to see more open-mindedness on the topic though. Good stuffs. If anyone ever feels as though they need to ask a questions or just need a good ear to listen, feel free to PM me.

Smile
Hear Hear, Tony.

For too long, children born out wedlock have been considered taboo and referred to as Bastards.

It's about time people recognised that even a "bastard" is a wonderful child. People should be proud of a child no matter where they come from, or WHEN they were born.
Well then I suppose I'm a "bastard son" ha-ha!!
You are right though. This world is evolving from it's old past of "women beaters", racism (not entirely yet, but we're getting there!), and the lack of a need for cultural diversity. Not to mention that the age of conception is drawing lower and lower, year by year. It's not such a great thing. I'm happy I had my daughter but if I was more responsible I would have waited at least five or so years longer to have her. I went from some education and a basic carpentry job crawling under houses in the heat to developing applications used by everyday professionals. From GIS to websites, I'm happy things turned out the way they did. Had they not, I'd really be hating life right now lol.
Agreed, man... We all think we wish we had more time. But honestly, you seem to be enjoying life to the max. Having a beautiful daughter... Working with something you're passionate about.

Not bad, eh?
Not really, no. But I have to say that I really did luck out. Smile I think above all those who don't have children, I honestly have to say that Eric is doing one hell of a job himself too!
Not really, no. But I have to say that I really did luck out. Smile I think above all those who don't have children, I honestly have to say that Eric is doing one hell of a job himself too!
Originally Posted by Anthony
Whoa there, I didn't want to get dragged into this. :hugegrin:No no, I'm kidding around. I truly envy you Anthony, mostly because I'm 22 and don't quite have it figured out just yet. I'm finally attending my first semester of college here in the summer and I still have years upon years to hope that my certificate training in web development pays off. It's all hopeful wishing at this point, though. Who knows what the future will hold.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account