Release date changed to 31 Dec 2017

South Park: The Fractured but Whole

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

I just received a message on my Xbox from Xbox Live. It reads;

Thank you for your pre-order of South Park: The Fractured But Whole. The availability date for this item has changed to 12/31/2017. You can cancel your order any time before it becomes available. Manage your order at http://account.microsoft.com.
So, unless it gets pushed back yet again, it looks like the release date of this game is now December 31. I can only hope that this huge delay means good things for the game and is not a portent of doom for it.
I got this too, makes me kinda want to cancel so I could pre-order the retail with the RC Cartman Coon.
This hopefully will get a concrete date after E3 because this sound like a placeholder (fingers crossed)
This does sound like a placeholder of some kind, but I went ahead and changed the game page accordingly. If you hear anything new about another release change before I do, just post here or let me know.
I can only hope that this huge delay means good things for the game and is not a portent of doom for it.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I wouldn't be worried. Massive game delays are always a good thing. Seriously, look how amazing Duke Nukem turned out after being in development forever. And Half Life 3 is obviously so amazing it is only being held back because humankind hasn't evolved enough to not have your mind literally blown out of your head when playing it.
I got this too, makes me kinda want to cancel so I could pre-order the retail with the RC Cartman Coon.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I actually did. I ordered it through Ubisoft to go with my "Grand Wizard Edition" of The Stick of Truth.
I think it sounds like a placeholder date as well, but hopefully the delay will help the game be good at launch since I am really looking forward to this game. At least the delay is giving me a bit more time to finish watching the whole show and get to Stick of Truth before it comes out. :P
I absolutely loved the Stick of Truth. That game, in my opinion, is what a licensed property should be. In this case, because Matt and Trey worked along side the developers every step of the way, The Stick of Truth felt like an interactive episode of the show!
This is similar to what happened with The Stick of Truth. There were multiple lengthy delays prior to its release, so I wouldn't think there is any cause for alarm.
I absolutely loved the Stick of Truth. That game, in my opinion, is what a licensed property should be. In this case, because Matt and Trey worked along side the developers every step of the way, The Stick of Truth felt like an interactive episode of the show!
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I've heard it was just like an interactive season of the show, and it definitely seems like it from what I've seen of it. I still have a couple more seasons to go (game came out after season 17, I'm in the middle of watching 13), but I should be able to get to playing it very soon! Big Grin

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account