Member of the Month November 2015 (Craze Kiler)

Community Interviews

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

MMMMMM...Candy overload! Well all the creepy crawlies and and haunts are gone for another year and I have made it thru another year of walking up and down the endless streets of parading kids wanting more!! I had great Halloween and I hope you gamers out there in GTN land did as well but just because Halloween is past us doesn't mean we don't have to worry about crazies here at GTN. Now that we have officially started the holiday seasons, it time for family and fun and with Thanksgiving looming just a few weeks away that means Black Friday and the fall line up of games. So let's jump right in and get a litter closer to our resident killer and find out that he may not be so bad after all.

Name:
Craze Kiler

Where do you live?
Hot and Sunny Southern California.

What do you do for a living?
I am a department manager for Lowes, I interviewed for the stores open assistant manager job today so wish me luck.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
Back when I was addicted to Diablo 2 about 13 years ago I was trying to think of a cool name for my assassin. Originally it was going to be crazy killer but it was taken. Craze Kiler was the closest thing available, I liked it so I decided to keep it until the end of time.

When did you start playing?
I started playing back during the end of the Atari 2600 life cycle. I had to be 5 years old when I started gaming with my uncles. They even had the infamous ET game.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
I am a completionist to the best of my ability. I generally do not like boosting very much because its hard to commit during the day with my kids and all. Not being able to boost hurts my completion goals but I enjoy time with my kids so much I am happy to sacrifice it.

What’s your gaming setup like?
I was very fortunate that last year I was able to get my wife to let me take over one of my kids rooms and make it into my game room. I have a 46 inch LED tv with my PC on my desk next to it. I have Two Xbox 360s and one PAL Xbox 360 hooked up. I also have a N64, PS1 and a NES/SNES combo system hooked too. My X1 and PS3 are in the living room so my wife can use the Netflix/Hulu apps. I also have a Xbox 360 CIB Halo 3 console.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
My favorite gaming experience was when I finally beat Zelda Ocarina of Time. I was in the Army at the time and I spent two months and sacrificed sleeping because I was determined to beat it. I stayed up usually until 2 AM and got up at 5 AM to play it. I also played it after PT and during my lunch. There has never been anything more satisfying then when I finally beat it.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
I want to give a shoutout to my GTASC teammates Oriole2682 and Redemptiondenied. I am very lucky to have teammates as competitive as I am. The next month and a half of gaming is going to be awesome.

What's your favorite game genre?
I really enjoy party games. I grew up playing a lot of board games with my dad and uncles but my wife hates playing games of any kind. The only way I get to reminisce about the best part of my childhood is to dominate AI at [url="http://www.gamertagnation.com/games/game-543/"]Monopoly[url].

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
My favorite game on the Xbox 360 is Gears of War 2. In my opinion the story was phenomenal and I was addicted to horde mode for at least a year. I think over 2/3 of my XP toward reaching level 100 was from Horde mode.

For the X1 the best game I have played was Arkham Knight. The game was so much fun and the graphics blew me away. I bought my X1 when they offered the get a second game free at Best Buy. If Arkham Knight did not come out that week I would not have bought my X1.

The best game of all time is The Legend of Zelda. When I look back at it the game was a huge adventure and there was just so much to do. It also holds a special place to me because it was the first game I bought with my own money.

What is your worst game and Why?
I guess Shaqfu, at the time I was always at the arcade playing Mortal Combat. I was very excited about the game and washed cars and mowed lawns so I could get it. Obviously my expectations were really high and when I finally played it my dreams were crushed. I think the game was played 2-3 times at the most.

An honorable mention would be Barneys Hide and Seek for the Genesis. As a teenager the only thing I hated more then Barney was Full House. My mom use to make me play Barney with my 3 year old sister all the time. It was cruel and unusual punishment.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
I would be Leisuresuit Larry from Magna Cum Laude. Seeing that many girls with breasts bigger then my head would be so awesome. The only time he got laid during the game was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a game.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
I am very fragile with my gaming budget so I don't buy new releases. If there was any game I would buy on release day is Gears of War 4, after Gears of War Judgement I am a little wary of dropping $60 on it though.

What do you like to do besides gaming?
I watch a lot of football and baseball with my boys. We love listening to my 90s grunge music and just wrestling together. My five year old boy does T-ball during the spring and he is in the middle of his first year of soccer.

Do you collect or not so much?
Over the past year I have started collecting games for my 360. Once the GTASC is over I am going to possibly stop on digital releases, unless there is something I really want to play so I can focus on my collections. I want to focus specifically on 360 special editions, SNES and NES games. http://www.gamertagnation.com/retro-...html#post36657 Post #41

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
I really like the badges and reading through the forums. I am familiar with a lot of active users on the website so that's really cool.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
Most of the people I know gaming wise are already affiliated with the site. A lot of us came over when 360 voice was shut down.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Speaking of 360 voice the only thing I really like was fshguy badge page. I wanted to increase my standings to the point it dictated which games I would play. I would love to see his exact model brought to GTN.
Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Speaking of 360 voice the only thing I really like was fshguy badge page. I wanted to increase my standings to the point it dictated which games I would play. I would love to see his exact model brought to GTN.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Congrats CK and I agree 100% with the above.
Congrats CK and I agree 100% with the above.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I wonder how hard it would be for him to recreate that, here.
Good luck for the final few weeks of the GTASC craze. We hope to be there final week too watching how much you guys score. Second place to your team would be a good result for us I think.
Good luck for the final few weeks of the GTASC craze. We hope to be there final week too watching how much you guys score. Second place to your team would be a good result for us I think.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Thanks for being confident in our ability to score points, I'm planning on doing amazing things that final week.
Thanks everyone for reading the interview, I hope it wasn't too boring

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account