Telltale Games Reveal Trailer for "The Walking Dead: Michonne"

Gaming Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Source

The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Game Series (breathe!) is coming to PC, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS and Android in February as a three-part episodic series.

It’s been a while since Telltale Games has visited the world of The Walking Dead, but the trailer below proves they’ve still got it. Samira Wiley from Orange is the New Black (Poussey!) will be voicing Michonne and will explore the character’s time between the comic book issues #126 and #139 when she left Rick, Ezekiel and the rest of her group.

“We’ve been hard at work on this very special exploration of The Walking Dead universe that will further bridge together our game series with the canon of Robert Kirkman’s comic though one of its most complex characters struggling to maintain her own humanity,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “Deeply haunted by the decisions of her past, putting players in the role of a character like Michonne to navigate the broken world around her is an experience that feels uniquely Telltale, and something we simply cannot wait for The Walking Dead fans to play.”

Telltale Game has promised more updates in the near future, so make sure you keep up to date with their blog for all things episodic.
Awesome! Telltale also announced a Batman game. I love the stuff this studio puts out. With the lone exception of Minecraft: Story Mode, which I only played for the easy points, I have thoroughly enjoyed everything they've produced.
What's wrong with the Minecraft game! That's a great title and cast.

Seriously though, after playing King's Quest, Telltale really needs to get their shit together on the tech side. And can someone explain to me why the file sizes on the saves are so freaking huge for their titles? It should be a tiny little table with your few choices a game. Writers are good, engineers are bad.
meh, I don't think we need another walking dead game... Although a Batman Telltale sounds intriguing I don't think we need this either...
meh, I don't think we need another walking dead game... Although a Batman Telltale sounds intriguing I don't think we need this either...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I don't need sex to survive, but I don't tell the wife no when it's offered up Lol
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I'm not sure "need" would ever factor into the decision making of any entertainment industry. By definition, entertainment is superfluous. Do we need a new Star Wars movie? Do we need new game consoles? Do we need new television shows?
You know, not until today did I realize there was a video with this....

I know it was linked in the source, but I don't have time to dig through various sites.
It's weird to me that the source says it takes place after All Out War, but, the video looks like how Michonne is drawn in flashbacks from before she made it to the comics. I guess Michonne from issue #127-#138 will have flashbacks to prior to joining the survivors in the prison.

Either way, she is a good character, and some deeper explanation of what happened to her will be fun. (They have a two year window to work with!)
I don't need sex to survive, but I don't tell the wife no when it's offered up Lol
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
I'm not sure "need" would ever factor into the decision making of any entertainment industry. By definition, entertainment is superfluous. Do we need a new Star Wars movie? Do we need new game consoles? Do we need new television shows?
Originally Posted by futiles
my bad, I guess 'need' was the wrong word to use here. I'm not even going to try and explain what I meant because, you know, this is GTN. Smile
I would love to have another Wolf Among Us... How many more zombie games do we need?
I would love to have another Wolf Among Us... How many more zombie games do we need?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I've been wondering when they were going to get back to TWD.. I'd like to see a season three (even though I have yet to start season two) season one was great and I didn't mind playing it twice so that I could change my decisions and see the outcomes. I also like the price drops, just like the LEGO games do when they're out for a while, but I guess that would be a mute point.
I've been wondering when they were going to get back to TWD.. I'd like to see a season three (even though I have yet to start season two) season one was great and I didn't mind playing it twice so that I could change my decisions and see the outcomes. I also like the price drops, just like the LEGO games do when they're out for a while, but I guess that would be a mute point.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
And it would be moot, too...

Wink
As long as they fix their engine it's all good.
And it would be moot, too...

Wink
Mute or Moot same differance really just a matter of region I guess.
Mute or Moot same differance really just a matter of region I guess.
No. Moot point is the saying. Moot means a topic subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

Mute means silent. Many people say mute point because they have no idea what they are saying. But, "mute point" is not the figure of speech.

Nothing to do with region, but rather an understanding of language and words. (This is not a you guys vs you people vs you all vs y'all situation.)
No. Moot point is the saying. Moot means a topic subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

Mute means silent. Many people say mute point because they have no idea what they are saying. But, "mute point" is not the figure of speech.

Nothing to do with region, but rather an understanding of language and words. (This is not a you guys vs you people vs you all vs y'all situation.)
I know what moot meant, and I also know what mute means. The way I was using it was that the point although being moot would actually he falling on deaf ears.. Maybe I should have used the saying "Preaching to the choir" instead. Sorry for the confusion. I almost used moot, but thought that mute was better.
I know what moot meant, and I also know what mute means. The way I was using it was that the point although being moot would actually he falling on deaf ears.. Maybe I should have used the saying "Preaching to the choir" instead. Sorry for the confusion. I almost used moot, but thought that mute was better.
But mute point isn't a saying. It isn't a thing. It's like "put the pussy on the chain wax" - it isn't a saying.

Any use of "mute point" as a real saying is people trying to give it a meaning after using it wrong.
Nice, I have been waiting long enough for this game ^^

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account