Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - To Play or To Wait for FF VII Remake Release?

Gaming Chat

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

What is the consensus on this? I have only played the original and I was very young. Barely even understood the story or any of the dialogue. Point being my understanding of the story is as as little as knowing its about power plants....LOL
Since Xbox players cannot play the VII Remake and can only play the prequel (Crisis Core), will it be a waste to play the prequel first? Was it designed to play the VII Remake first and THEN play the prequel? Let me know as I am debating to pick it up....
If the former, then I wonder why Square Enix would even bother releasing Crisis Core on Xbox? Doesn't make much sense which is why I am asking.
Skip all Final Fantasy games, and play something good...
Skip all Final Fantasy games, and play something good...
Originally Posted by futiles
How about you go back to finish up Gotham Knights? lmao

Your response was not helpful nor even a popular opinion. Final Fantasy games are some of the most loved games of any franchise.

I must ask though, was Gotham Knights worth the 70 dollars? lmao
I got about 70 hours out of it, at $1/hour of game time, it is on the pricier side of my gaming. But yeah, I had fun, I played it during my Extra Life stream, and I raised nearly $1000 extra dollars that day for my hospital. So, yeah, worth the $70.
I'm just pointing out that your taste in games by the looks of it doesn't fair well so trashing FF probably wasn't the best choice. Thanks for hijacking my thread that I was hoping to get answers from.
I have a couple of FF games in my collection, but I have not played any of them to really chime in on what direction to go. However I would think a remaster would be slightly better considering there probably is a better polish on the game. Obviously there are so many games in this series It would be hard to jump in at any point and keep the overall story intact. Or are these game stand alones? I will have to play one at some point just to get my GTN badge for it.

As far as crap games go, there are people out there that will play them like. Games like Superman Returns is not very good, but there are no other Superman games out there to play so you have that.
I have a couple of FF games in my collection, but I have not played any of them to really chime in on what direction to go. However I would think a remaster would be slightly better considering there probably is a better polish on the game. Obviously there are so many games in this series It would be hard to jump in at any point and keep the overall story intact. Or are these game stand alones? I will have to play one at some point just to get my GTN badge for it.

As far as crap games go, there are people out there that will play them like. Games like Superman Returns is not very good, but there are no other Superman games out there to play so you have that.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Of course, taste is all subjective, isn't it? For instance, Call of Duty and Fortnite are quite popular but I don't really care for them. If you go to reddit, you'll be able to find countless debates about the Assassin's Creed franchise and how good or bad it is, or DC v Marvel comics.

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Well, FF games do not follow the same story throughout the series. Each FF is it's own story line with characters. I'm simply asking about FF7 Remake and FF7 Crisis Core. Since those do correlate.
I think this post and the responses is really reflecting on the fact that SE has failed the xbox community. Nobody here sounds like they have even played the FF series so I may be asking the wrong community about this. Hence why they probably released Crisis Core without FF7 first... LOL
I think this post and the responses is really reflecting on the fact that SE has failed the xbox community. Nobody here sounds like they have even played the FF series so I may be asking the wrong community about this. Hence why they probably released Crisis Core without FF7 first... LOL
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I love the FF series! I just haven't played 7 Remake or Crisis Core (remaster or original).

The original Crisis Core was a 2007 PSP game, and served as a prequel to the events of the original FF7, not the remake.

The Crisis Core they've just released is a remaster of that game.

I'm intimately familiar with FF 6-10 (from their original releases), have only played a dozen hours or so of 12, a tiny bit of 1, and 3-5 once each. Only one I've never ever played is 2.

Because you play Zack in Crisis Core, I think good knowledge of 7 original will make the game a whole lot more enjoyable. However, with the different direction they're taking the story in with the remake, I have no idea whether that whole plot line will carry over or not.

In short - CC was a prequel to 7.

I don't know if CC Remastered is the same, or if it's been tweaked to be a prequel to 7 Remake.
Last edited 01-10-2023 at 08:06 AM by C64 Mat.
I love the FF series! I just haven't played 7 Remake or Crisis Core (remaster or original).

The original Crisis Core was a 2007 PSP game, and served as a prequel to the events of the original FF7, not the remake.

The Crisis Core they've just released is a remaster of that game.

I'm intimately familiar with FF 6-10 (from their original releases), have only played a dozen hours or so of 12, a tiny bit of 1, and 3-5 once each. Only one I've never ever played is 2.

Because you play Zack in Crisis Core, I think good knowledge of 7 original will make the game a whole lot more enjoyable. However, with the different direction they're taking the story in with the remake, I have no idea whether that whole plot line will carry over or not.

In short - CC was a prequel to 7.

I don't know if CC Remastered is the same, or if its6tweakes to be a prequel to 7 Remake.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Yeah this is why I'm leaning towards just waiting for FF 7 Remake to hit xbox. I don't feel like getting a worse experience for CC. SE really screwed up by releasing CC but not the 7 Remake. What do they expect us to do? I could buy it on PC but I don't really want to.
recently finished Crisis Core on xbox and would play again on Ps5 when game comes down in price.

in the past i have played original final fantasy 7 and on chapter 4 of ff7 remake. so i would say play the game before the remake.

but does not matter what order you play it as long as your enjoying what you are playing.
Originally Posted by Snappleback
I played Final Fantasy games back in the Nintendo and PS1/PS2 days, but I've been an Xbox player primarily since the 360, so haven't gotten much FF since then. I think the last FF game I played was 10 (The one with Tidus and Blitzball)
I played Final Fantasy games back in the Nintendo and PS1/PS2 days, but I've been an Xbox player primarily since the 360, so haven't gotten much FF since then. I think the last FF game I played was 10 (The one with Tidus and Blitzball)
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Yeah it's the sad truth about FF franchise on Xbox. I have over 2000 hours in FF14 online. Hoping one day they bring it to xbox platform or any of the others let alone....

If you have the time or cash to buy one on your xbox, I highly recommend FF15. It's not turned based but the story is really good. Just make sure you watch the movie before hand. (Kingsglaive)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account