GTN Halo 3 Night

Gaming Chat

Next week we are having a Halo 3 night. Anyone is welcome to join and take part. All you have to do is tell us below you want in. The session will begin at 10 pm GMT on Thursday 24th and will end at around 3am GMT. If you want to make your own parties and start earlier or end it later you can.

There will be a split of 3 game types, Ranked, Social and Forge so that everyone can work towards the type of achievement they want first. If anyone finishes all the achievements in one type of game then they can move to another type to continue.

Let us know what mode you wish to take part in first and also tell us whether you have the DLC or not (this will help to sort everyone into groups)

As well as the hopefully many achievements that will be unlocked there is also a chance for the staff infection badge as I will be playing for most of that time and will be taking part in ranked to begin with.

And on top of that badge there may also be an appearance made by our founder Eric. Giving everyone a chance to snag that extremely rare Finding the Founder badge.

Now for some Rules

1) No trash talking
2) No tea bagging
3) Remember that it's not just for achievements (Think of it as a community get together)
4) After you've signed up you can drop in and out whenever you need to or make your own party
5) You need to tell us a mode, Yes/No DLC and a time

Hope to see a lot of you sign up
Last edited 10-21-2013 at 01:47 PM by chaotikilla.
ooohh a tea bagging the staff badge! I like it!
Last edited 10-18-2013 at 06:32 PM by Sith Rick.
So going off your conversion again that'd be around 6PM my time EST. I think I can make that work. I'll need to check on DLC to see what I have it's been a while since I've played the game. I know I need ranked achievements do I need to have a certain level to group with people?

As you mentioned getting achievement is good, but it'll be refreshing to play with the community around here to build up that rapport.
As you mentioned getting achievement is good, but it'll be refreshing to play with the community around here to build up that rapport.
Originally Posted by roce96
Since I have all the achievements, the refreshing community is my only motivation - count me in!
You don't need to be put into groups of certain levels as the game will begin straight away with a full party Roce.
i am missing some halo 3 achievements not sure i can get them in the session, but i will join cant miss it!
i am missing some halo 3 achievements not sure i can get them in the session, but i will join cant miss it!
Originally Posted by TAREKEGYPT
I imagine we will do what we can to help out Wink
Cool, I have a Quake 4 session till 11pm EST, but I will pop in after that is done.
i would be up for doin halo 3 yet again....i don't have any of the dlc because when i completed this roughly two years ago, i had the ODST disc BUT i would be willing to help out on getting any achievements not dlc related for halo 3 because it's just one of my favorite games that i'm glad to have back. so if anyone wants to do halo 3 achievements either before or after this event, just shoot me a message either here or on xbox live letting me know Big Grin
Not sure about dlc, but I'd be down to jump in and see what I can do... I may even have or buy some dlc depending on how much I have on the account.
Buy yourself HALO ODST as the multiplayer disc has all of the Halo 3 DLC on there and it works out cheaper if you buy it preowned. That's a little tip for everyone. I got my ODST for £4 and I've got all the mythic map skulls and can't get off the online multiplayer.
I was just checking dates thursday is the 24th not 25th? Friday is the 25th is it friday or thursday? or did i miss something in the dates?
Thanks for pointing that out Tarek, I had the wrong date and it is indeed the 24th. I have edited the original post to avoid any more confusion.
Buy yourself HALO ODST as the multiplayer disc has all of the Halo 3 DLC on there and it works out cheaper if you buy it preowned. That's a little tip for everyone. I got my ODST for £4 and I've got all the mythic map skulls and can't get off the online multiplayer.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Thanks for the tip! Going to pick up ODST tomorrow.

BTW, Thursday is looking really good for me so I'll jump on when I get home from work and see where everyone is at.
I'll send you an invite Roce as soon as I get started so it will be there ready for you
Hey folks, hope each off you are all in great health and equally in fine spirits.

Sounds cool CHAOTIKILLA a Halo 3 event night I'll be jumping in if you don't mind, but I gotta say I'm not that good at shooters, to slow due to the fact that I'm not entering my senior years, thus my reflexes etc are a little redundant to say the lease.

I've no DLC's for the game, downloaded it when it became a rare freebie from MS (don't we owe them alot for all there hard work - huh) nor have I played it atm any-hows, looking forward to then.

Keep us posted OP - Thanks in advance.

Regards
Homie
This is looking good! Our first community event!!! YAY!
Welcome Homie. Don't worry about how bad you may be or how good others are as I will admit myself, as much as I do enjoy a good shooter from time to time I am absolutely terrible at them. I tried playing the Halo 3 campaign on normal and it took me nearly an hour to complete just the first level so when it comes to my legendary playthrough I'm hoping some of you guys won't mind carrying me through the game one day.
Welcome Homie. Don't worry about how bad you may be or how good others are as I will admit myself, as much as I do enjoy a good shooter from time to time I am absolutely terrible at them. I tried playing the Halo 3 campaign on normal and it took me nearly an hour to complete just the first level so when it comes to my legendary playthrough I'm hoping some of you guys won't mind carrying me through the game one day.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
i'll help you out when you go to do legendary chaotikilla, i haven't played the campaign for halo 3 recently but it's moderately easier with 2 or more players. might set up a session next month if i can pull myself away from assassin's creed iv for it, just not doing it through TA because i have a bad taste in my mouth from them as a few of my friends know.
i've created a session for this event on TA

http://www.trueachievements.com/gami...ssionid=370005

Join if you need to keep track of time for this event

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account