Weird WP synching issues help?

General Chat

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

I have been diving the heck out of some WP goes lately, like all the free ones, because Im getting a new phone and apparently they stopped making Windows phones so, I'm getting a Galaxy...not sure how I feel about this.. anyway back to my problem; I was getting achievements on my phone but they were not showing up on my xbox live profile... freaking out I just gave up and moved on to the next game.. about half the games I did this with were not showing up on my Xbox live profile.. but then I noticed something really weird.. the games that were not showing up on my Xbox Live profile started showing up on my GTN profile and my TA profile.. and even fewer of those games have not showed up anywhere.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I solve it? Do I contact Xbox? Do I wait?

Hope to hear from someone and thanks in advance!
WP games won't show up in your games list on Xbox.com. It has been that way for a little while now.

If your total achievements/Gamerscore aren't syncing up I'd wait a day or two and then contact support.

As a side note, you can still find W10 phones online. I'm probably picking up a 950 once I move back East later this year to replace my WP8.1 1020 as my daily driver.
Exact thing happened to me. Love my 950. Screen shattered. Would have had to move the moon and sun to get another Windows Phone, so I swapped to a Galaxy S8. There are a few things that are better, but there are a lot of things that are terrible. I miss my Windows 10 Mobile and how easy it made some things. Android is a freakin mess. I hope they have a trick up their sleeve and come out with a Surface Phone in the next two years so this Android toe-dipping will not last any longer than it has to.

I had a few issues with WP games, the older ones, just like you, not sync here properly, but they seem to show up on my Xbox profile Gamerscore, even if the titles aren't listed. For example, right now, Xbox.com says I have 304,901 Gamerscore, but on this site, it says I only have 304,841, those 60 points I attribute to some Windows Phone games, but I can't find what. Tried to do a manual search, but with the long list of games/achievements, I don't have that kinda time.

If they aren't showing up on your Xbox Live Profile, though, I would look into contacting Microsoft Offical support (Ambassadors won't be able to do anything to help, though we are usually helpful)
Exact thing happened to me. Love my 950. Screen shattered. Would have had to move the moon and sun to get another Windows Phone, so I swapped to a Galaxy S8. There are a few things that are better, but there are a lot of things that are terrible. I miss my Windows 10 Mobile and how easy it made some things. Android is a freakin mess. I hope they have a trick up their sleeve and come out with a Surface Phone in the next two years so this Android toe-dipping will not last any longer than it has to.

I had a few issues with WP games, the older ones, just like you, not sync here properly, but they seem to show up on my Xbox profile Gamerscore, even if the titles aren't listed. For example, right now, Xbox.com says I have 304,901 Gamerscore, but on this site, it says I only have 304,841, those 60 points I attribute to some Windows Phone games, but I can't find what. Tried to do a manual search, but with the long list of games/achievements, I don't have that kinda time.

If they aren't showing up on your Xbox Live Profile, though, I would look into contacting Microsoft Offical support (Ambassadors won't be able to do anything to help, though we are usually helpful)
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Totally hijacking the thread. Sorry. Interested in the back and forth here concerning Android. I have the HTC One M8 on Verizon (WP 8.1). Verizon hates WP. My monthly payment plan on my phone is up in October. There's no new WP on the horizon and I'm stuck with Verizon. I'll have to switch to another phone.

Galaxy S8 (regular or +) or waiting on the new iPhone would appear to be my best options.

Thoughts?
I think people have had luck syncing up by loading the Xbox / games app on the phone and syncing with that.
Totally hijacking the thread. Sorry. Interested in the back and forth here concerning Android. I have the HTC One M8 on Verizon (WP 8.1). Verizon hates WP. My monthly payment plan on my phone is up in October. There's no new WP on the horizon and I'm stuck with Verizon. I'll have to switch to another phone.

Galaxy S8 (regular or +) or waiting on the new iPhone would appear to be my best options.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
I have an 8+, it's well built, but the Samsung built in apps just make a messy system worse, oh how I miss my live tiles. I have no desire to go iOS, since I already use some of Google's other services, it was an easy decision for me, at least. AT&T had NO Windows Phones in store either, which helped push me to switch, I'd have stuck with it if I could have walked out with one that day; couldn't really afford to go without it while waiting for a new one to ship.

For the Galaxy S8 and S8+ they have a button for "Bixby" which is a TERRIBLE personal assistant. And I had to BUY AN APP to hijack that physical button to launch the camera and take photos (or do anything that isn't call up Bixby), and Samsung keeps pushing updates to try and break those apps.

Ugh, it's just a mess, and I'm sad. Damn shame, too, cause it's a pretty quality built phone.
I have an 8+, it's well built, but the Samsung built in apps just make a messy system worse, oh how I miss my live tiles. I have no desire to go iOS, since I already use some of Google's other services, it was an easy decision for me, at least. AT&T had NO Windows Phones in store either, which helped push me to switch, I'd have stuck with it if I could have walked out with one that day; couldn't really afford to go without it while waiting for a new one to ship.

For the Galaxy S8 and S8+ they have a button for "Bixby" which is a TERRIBLE personal assistant. And I had to BUY AN APP to hijack that physical button to launch the camera and take photos (or do anything that isn't call up Bixby), and Samsung keeps pushing updates to try and break those apps.

Ugh, it's just a mess, and I'm sad. Damn shame, too, cause it's a pretty quality built phone.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
I will admit that it is nice living within driving distance of multiple Microsoft Stores. I picked my 950XL up there, and when it got knocked out of my hand in the parking lot, I picked up my new one there, too.
I will admit that it is nice living within driving distance of multiple Microsoft Stores. I picked my 950XL up there, and when it got knocked out of my hand in the parking lot, I picked up my new one there, too.
Originally Posted by futiles
Unfortunately for me mine was under insurance, so I had to go with this samsung (even though there is MS store right here in town) and quite frankly I'm not liking it..
Also having these issues. I earned an achievement in Fragger WP yesterday and only the in game achievements show I earned it.

TA and GTN have not picked it up even it picked up my latest Charlie Murder achievement which was this morning.

I have tried refeshing my profile on both of my windows phones in the xbox live app, but no changes Frown
I just thought I would add that I popped an achievement in Fragger (WP) on my windows 8 phone and the achievement got picked up and everything was normal.

So my conclusion is that it does not seem to be working right on the windows 7 phone.
I also popped 2 achievements on my WP 8 yesterday and they synced up okay.

I've seen mentions on TA before by those who are deeply invested in WP that WP7 seems to be pretty broken at this point and that syncing issues are pretty frequent.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account