More Crossbuy in the future...

Deals & Discounts

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Based on this article Quantum Break will be crossbuy. And other future PC/X1 games. Will that mean they are stackable or using the same titleid?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/30325...s-a-habit.html
"In my mind, throwing all these freebies at users implies that both Microsoft and Remedy are a little unsure that Quantum Break can stand by itself."

Those are my thoughts as well, if the game was outstanding like Alan Wake was, would they really be throwing in all these extras? If it is a great game then this is a tremendous value, if the game is just ok its still a nice value but if the game is a disaster that they just cant put any more time and money into, its a way to salvage as many sales as possible before word gets out that it sucks.
Based on this article Quantum Break will be crossbuy. And other future PC/X1 games. Will that mean they are stackable or using the same titleid?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/30325...s-a-habit.html
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I'm going to vote they don't stack.
"In my mind, throwing all these freebies at users implies that both Microsoft and Remedy are a little unsure that Quantum Break can stand by itself."

Those are my thoughts as well, if the game was outstanding like Alan Wake was, would they really be throwing in all these extras? If it is a great game then this is a tremendous value, if the game is just ok its still a nice value but if the game is a disaster that they just cant put any more time and money into, its a way to salvage as many sales as possible before word gets out that it sucks.
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Alan Wake may have been exceptional, but, they threw a lot of extras out, too. I don't even remember how, but, I got the game, and some DLC (maybe just goofy extras), and some other Alan Wake stuff, all for free. I haven't played it, but, they definitely made an effort to get the property out there and convince people about it. So, this fits their model.

It also fits Microsoft's attempted model of "One Purchase, works everywhere."
Wasn't Tomb Raider the same?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
No, it was not a cross buy.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account