Microsoft pledges to support Rare

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Good News

Microsoft has pledged to support UK developer Rare after a round of layoffs hit the studio and Microsoft decided to sell Xbox One without the Kinect sensor.

At the time a Microsoft spokesperson issued Eurogamer the following statement:

"At Xbox, our goal is to constantly create new fun, social and interactive entertainment experiences. As part of Rare's commitment to this goal, we have made a decision to change our development process and methodology at Rare to best support our future projects, this has led to us reviewing the skills and the makeup of our development teams in our business.

"Rare continues to invest in our people and future projects."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...o-support-rare
Rare has never been forced to make Kinect games, they chose too. The way it's written makes it sound like MS dropping Kinect is the cause of Rare's layoffs. How about making great games like they used to, that would do it. And of course MS supports Rare, Rare is owned by them after all.
But as owners they would at least "suggest" games that they want to see out of them, which has been crap lately.

But to be honest, most of the super creative core of Rare left years ago, but if they made another Conker (and don't dare censor it ya' bastids!) I'd buy two friggin' copies!

But then again, I had been clamoring for a remake of KI, and flipped my crap last E3 when it was announced they were finally doing something with it, only to be handed off to another dev studio... to release one of my all time favorite fighting series as a boring game... so boring in fact with it's lack of a decent roster that drunk people... DRUNK PEOPLE! found it boring and looked for something else to play.
This just in:

I pledge to put gas in my vehicle.
I pledge to eat food each day.
I pledge to make moves on my wife.
This just in:

I pledge to put gas in my vehicle.
I pledge to eat food each day.
I pledge to make moves on my wife.
Originally Posted by futiles
thats an everyday chore lol

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account