Star Wars or Star Trek?

Entertainment

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Star Wars or Star Trek?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 5 (17.24%) Star Wars

× 5 (17.24%) Star Trek

× 16 (55.17%) Live long, prosper, and may the force be with you. I like them both.

× 3 (10.34%) Don’t like either, just here for the poll

• Added 10-23-2023 04:57 PM
  • 29 votes
It’s Monday again so it’s time to procrastinate with another poll
Star Trek all the way, especially TNG.
I like them both, but if forced to choose I would choose Trek.
Star Trek is by far the better of the two.
It depends on what you want, as they have nothing in common other than "space."

Star Trek (the various TV series and original run of movies) are predominantly science fiction, which usually includes a large amount of social commentary and even political satire.

Star Trek (the JJ Abrams reboot) are action movies. Lens flare, explosions, car chases...

Star Wars (most all versions, TV series, old cartoons, movies, made for TV movies...) are sword and sorcery fantasy films which take a lot of cinematic inspiration from samurai films (and straight up dialog...) which in turn were inspired by early American westerns (which is why The Mandalorian so easily fits as both a Western and a Star Wars series, because, they are the same thing).

So, if I want SciFi, Star Trek (DS9 is the best at that, as well). If I want an action film in space, Also Trek, but different. If I want Fantasy, Star Wars.
I can't watch any new Star Wars or Star Trek and I am a fan of both. I gave them a try and they are unwatchable.
How both franchises are going, I can't say I like either.

Used to be a SW Dork but fuck man the new Saga etc is just a shit show to watch
Star wars for the action. Star trek for the philosphy.
Star wars for the action. Star trek for the philosphy.
Originally Posted by hello8964
Exactly couldn't said it better... Only until recent I watched the OG Star Trek and oh boy, many of the subjects are really interesting and very well executed! Some of the episodes are even way ahead of its time.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account