Would you buy a poorly done remaster just to play a difficult to access game?

Gaming Chat

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

Would you buy a poorly done remaster of an old game in order to play it?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (4.17%) Yes

× 7 (29.17%) No

× 16 (66.67%) Depends on the game

• Added 11-18-2021 04:37 PM
  • 24 votes
With the release of the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Definitive Editions not living up to many players' standards, this question comes to mind. Would you purchase a poorly designed and graphically inferior "remaster" of an old game in order to play it on current hardware? Why or why npt?
No, I don't believe that I would. I've learned my lesson about buying games before they're released and reviewed (the hard way, of course) and knowing what I know now about GTA Trilogy I'm glad I held off. Buying this game as is would just make Rockstar, and by extension other publishers, believe that releasing games in this state is acceptable. At some point we have to make a stand with our wallets and expect publishers and developers to release quality games rather than make us pay for the experience of beta testing for them. At least, that's how I see it.
Depends for me. If it still plays as good as the original, just with disappointing visuals or non-gameplay bugs, yes. But if the game is less playable, probably not.
Seeing as I already own the GTA Trilogy that was released on the OG Xbox and didn't look like a dumpster fire, the addition of achievements doesn't make this newer remaster worth it for me.
No, I don't believe that I would. I've learned my lesson about buying games before they're released and reviewed (the hard way, of course) and knowing what I know now about GTA Trilogy I'm glad I held off. Buying this game as is would just make Rockstar, and by extension other publishers, believe that releasing games in this state is acceptable. At some point we have to make a stand with our wallets and expect publishers and developers to release quality games rather than make us pay for the experience of beta testing for them. At least, that's how I see it.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
My thoughts as well.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account