My question still stands.

EA Access: B8TINGU Take: "But how long will we have access to it?"
Win 10 Free Upgrade: B8TINGU Take: "Is it really free? How will they charge us for the updates?"
Games W Gold: B8TINGU Take: "I won't get rid of my discs, for when they take these games away from us"
Backwards Compatibility: B8TINGU Take: "That isn't very many games"
Xbox One Friend and Family Sharing, requiring internet connection: B8TINGU Take: "What if my console goes offline, and I don't want to connect, and what will my friends have to pay to use my games?"

It goes on and on. You are very negative about what companies do. It really does seem that Microsoft could knock on your door, with an Xbox One, a Windows 10 Gaming PC, a Surface Pro 3, and a $10,000 collection of digital game codes, and your response would be, "What, no discs?"
Originally Posted by futiles
Its not that I'm negative, I just ask the questions that people want to know and most of the time people are more pessimistic then optimistic. I also don't blindly just take what is given to me at face value. Twilight Zone: To Serve Man anyone? For your clarifications if MS did that to me, no I would not look that gift horse in the mouth. Should I be worried you have an extensive stand by of quotes from me?

Its just me, my questioning is just and warranted. I'm also very to the point and very blunt with my questioning and sometime a little premature (that what I need to work on) but you never know the answer if you don't ask the question. I want to know what is not being said what to expect, so by the time I get there I won't be disappointed.

Its like buying a car, you don't walk into a dealer and buy the car just because the salesman says its a great car, you ask questions especially if its a used car .
Its not that I'm negative, I just ask the questions that people want to know and most of the time people are more pessimistic then optimistic. I also don't blindly just take what is given to me at face value. Twilight Zone: To Serve Man anyone? For your clarifications if MS did that to me, no I would not look that gift horse in the mouth. Should I be worried you have an extensive stand by of quotes from me?

Its just me, my questioning is just and warranted. I'm also very to the point and very blunt with my questioning and sometime a little premature (that what I need to work on) but you never know the answer if you don't ask the question. I want to know what is not being said what to expect, so by the time I get there I won't be disappointed.

Its like buying a car, you don't walk into a dealer and buy the car just because the salesman says its a great car, you ask questions especially if its a used car .
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
How many accidents has a used car had? (Valid Question)
How are you going to dick me over later if I buy this? (Not a valid question)

More of your questions are of the second type, not the first.

Asking something like, "Can I play a game shared with my friend while he also plays?" would be a valid question.

Questioning things explicitly in writing, like EA Access saying that it was not trial versions, and it was forever while you maintained a subscription, and then asking, "How long will I really get to keep it?" is not a valid question. It is a conspiracy theorist seeing nothing but companies trying to screw you over.
I like the Pip-boy edition aswell, and with Windows 10 coming we might see a windows version of the app aswell.

and the Backwards compability I was really suprised to hear about since they said when they annouced XB1 that they would never add it. but it will benifit me like mad since i have LOADS of Games on Demand games on my account and since they will be on the xb1 when the feature is relaesed I will probably have to get a 2TB external to my XB1 Big Grin
B8TINGU: it will be not all games that will be compatible with it, most probably the ones that are avalible as GoD will come first to be able to play on XB1.

From the list that was linked in a previous post I mainly see just a few games i have, and rest arent of interest to me...but im guessing that list will grow before the relase of the feature

to be fair, I have asked myself the same questions that B8TINGU has asked, you dont have be a pessimist to asked them, coz to be honest, their backward compability on XB360 wasnt the best one....even if a game was on the list they didnt always work.
but until we get more info of the feature these questions will be asked and thought of

And where is the Halo Series they announced last year on E3?
How many accidents has a used car had? (Valid Question)
How are you going to dick me over later if I buy this? (Not a valid question)

More of your questions are of the second type, not the first.

Asking something like, "Can I play a game shared with my friend while he also plays?" would be a valid question.

Questioning things explicitly in writing, like EA Access saying that it was not trial versions, and it was forever while you maintained a subscription, and then asking, "How long will I really get to keep it?" is not a valid question. It is a conspiracy theorist seeing nothing but companies trying to screw you over.
Wait, wait, hold on..... You say How are you going to dick me over after I buy the car is not a valid question? How so? Sign a contract pretty blindly and you'll see how fast you get dicked over. Your reasoning is faulted on that point but strong in others.. As for the EA stuff I didn't go read the entire contract, that's why I was asking the question, ok so I'm Johnny come lately and missed a presentation, doesn't mean I should be chastised for asking a question which may or may not have been clarified earlier. Now if I continually ask that same question on the same subject then yea, I deserve a little embarrassment. Also you use EA as an example..they don't realm have a great track record for "customer service" and yea I know its all about the money with EA.

Thank you Mardagg, for your respond as well.
To be honest, I think backwards compatibility is dumb. I always have, and I always will. I think I have a total of 10 hours of backwards compatibility play on my 360, PS2, Wii, Gameboys, and DSs.

I don't want to play old games, and if I do, I will just play them on the console they were made for.
Wait, wait, hold on..... You say How are you going to dick me over after I buy the car is not a valid question? How so? Sign a contract pretty blindly and you'll see how fast you get dicked over. Your reasoning is faulted on that point but strong in others.. As for the EA stuff I didn't go read the entire contract, that's why I was asking the question, ok so I'm Johnny come lately and missed a presentation, doesn't mean I should be chastised for asking a question which may or may not have been clarified earlier. Now if I continually ask that same question on the same subject then yea, I deserve a little embarrassment. Also you use EA as an example..they don't realm have a great track record for "customer service" and yea I know its all about the money with EA.

Thank you Mardagg, for your respond as well.
When was the last time a car dealership specifically tried to dick you over? You. Not just an in general get the most for worst, etc. I mean, when did a legitimate car dealership, with a valid customer service reputation and a BBB rating, intentionally sell you, Jeff, a vehicle they knew would cause you a regular, recurring, and ongoing expense. Because that is the comparison.

Microsoft is not "Krazy Jim's Discount Autos and Fireworks" located at the corner of State Line Road and County Line Highway, 14 miles outside of town. Microsoft, EA, Sony, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Activision, et al, are your official Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, et al, dealerships.

So, while Krazy Jim might be looking to do his worse to each customer that comes by, and specifically prey on the poor, disenfranchised, and uneducated. The rest are not. Honestly, they don't even notice the individual. There is no money in it. Even the individual Ford dealership doesn't notice the individual. Sure, lemons get made, design flaws happen, but, it is on a global scale. They may try to cover it up, but again, without any notice of Jeff, the individual. So, how are you going to try and dick me over IS an invalid question, in the scenario as presented.
I would love to play some of the older original games on the One I was a bit disappointed when the originals didn't get achievements, but I didn't think they would, that would be a lot of extra coding.

Madagg the Halo series is on Xbox video well what they filmed anyway.I hear that it got cancelled pretty quick. I think there is 30day free trial for XBox video right now.

Watching the EA conference right now and the new Need For Speed looks quite awesome, I know its not the same gameplay as Forza but its looking (graphically) way better. To be honest though I have not seen a lot of Forza 6 yet.

Is that new Star Wars the Old Republic game finally coming over to consoles?
I for one was most impressed with futiles dedication to dig through B8tingu's comments. That's dedication.
I for one was most impressed with futiles dedication to dig through B8tingu's comments. That's dedication.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Except, I didn't, they aren't direct quotes (and I was waiting for someone to call me on it). But, the fact that everyone accepts them as accurate only shows that B8TINGU does routinely show a negative response to corporations.
I defer to hotdog's signature.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
What signature. I turned them off when things got a bit spam-y
Can't we just talk about all of the new amazing stuff we're seeing this week? That would be awesome...

The way it sounded like to me is they want to make the One more enticing those people(not us) still playing their 360s. I mean that's the last thing Phil said. I think a limited selection of games might make some of those hold outs ready to switch over.

BTW, that Battlefront Hoth gameplay video looked amazing!
What signature. I turned them off when things got a bit spam-y
Now there's an invalid question.
Can't we just talk about all of the new amazing stuff we're seeing this week? That would be awesome...

The way it sounded like to me is they want to make the One more enticing those people(not us) still playing their 360s. I mean that's the last thing Phil said. I think a limited selection of games might make some of those hold outs ready to switch over.

Originally Posted by Fshguy
My buddy and I played a lot of Battlefront on the Xbox. I sure wouldn't mind some more gameplay in that series.
I just saw a cat riding a fire breathing Unicorn... And of course I'm buying anything related to Trials...

Originally Posted by Fshguy
This is exactly why I stopped with the conversation which was going highly off track and nowhere fast. I'm not really sure why futiles has to argue so much he's so much more argumentative than anyone....but I digress I don't want to argue, but its not a concede of defeat on the subject either. Lets just agree to disagree at this point.

As for me trying to get back on track for this thread.

The Star Wars Battle Front stuff I didn't get to see my Twitch stream crashed on me and then real life called.. Looking forward to going back to it and then the Bethesda stuff as well. On another note I got my Gears of War beta code already! But have not been able to DL it , lots of problems with live right now.

I'm wondering what Gears 4 story will be about and if we'll get to see any of the old crew. Did they say this was a sequel to Judgement? I thought some one in the chat said that, but I'm not taking that for gospel.
Yeah we seen loads of great things. But I have seen a few things that gives me questions and thoughts..
Like the new NFS game which they said would take us back to the roots of Nfs game series so why the hell are we getting crews in it? And how will the backward compatibility work with addons? I know our saves will work but there was nothing said about addons...
Yeah we seen loads of great things. But I have seen a few things that gives me questions and thoughts..
Like the new NFS game which they said would take us back to the roots of Nfs game series so why the hell are we getting crews in it? And how will the backward compatibility work with addons? I know our saves will work but there was nothing said about addons...
Originally Posted by Mardagg
What, they said that's out NFS? I herd that they wanted to bring every aspect of all the NFS to this the definitive version..like he was talking like it was some sort of anniversary or Ultimate edition.

As for add ons like non achievement DLC, like in game perks? I would think that if they said it was a full system emulator, that it would be ok for the titles that actually get that stuff.
What, they said that's out NFS? I herd that they wanted to bring every aspect of all the NFS to this the definitive version..like he was talking like it was some sort of anniversary or Ultimate edition.

As for add ons like non achievement DLC, like in game perks? I would think that if they said it was a full system emulator, that it would be ok for the titles that actually get that stuff.
The NFS was from a mail i got from EA after they announced the game and there they mentioned crews.
I mean all dlc actually with or without achievements. And how will things like Uplay work on those games?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account