Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

It's fucking shit.

Never before have I wondered if I could get a refund for a cinema ticket, and I saw Terminator Salvation at Cineworld. With subtitles.
Last edited 09-22-2023 at 05:06 PM by C64 Mat.
I went to Barbie with my best friend, and it wasnt much better

But atleast you expect it from a movie like that, was still fun hanging around with her though
It's fucking shit.

Never before have I wondered if I could get a refund for a cinema ticket, and saw Terminator Salvation at Cineworld. With subtitles.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was well done. Not 10/10 but another great Christopher Nolan film to add to the collection. I saw the film in IMAX 70MM film. Only 32 or 31 of those in the entire world.
I just found it boring.

All the actors are fantastic. Brilliant performances, flawless accents - they all did a good job with their parts. The score is stunning, as usual.

But the film? Oh my god. Three hours of talking heads. I mean, he may as well have shot it with a Handycam.

The pacing is truly terrible - we're absolutely propelled through the early scenes at breakneck speed. Huge chunks of his rise to prominence within the scientific community and eventually the military are just on fast forward, beginning and ending in the space of a sentence sometimes.

The trinity scene feels surprisingly cheap - a bright light, an obvious "Hollywood style" gasoline explosion in extreme close-up, and a bit of a cloud afterwards. Really disappointing.

And the last act? The makeshift courtroom? Oh my god - who gives a shit of he doesn't get his security clearance renewed? Oh the jeopardy!
Oppenheimer more like Poopenheimer

But seriously, I’m not surprised it didn’t live up to the hype. It’s an interesting story but not one I’d make a movie out of.

As far as recent releases go, the missus and I liked Asteroid City, the new Wes Anderson. It’s *very* Wes Anderson though, the quirk-o-meter was turned to 11.
The way cinema is today I am surprised that this film was made (probably would not have happened if it wasn't Nolan), That people actually went to the theater to see it (young adults in particular from people I know), and that it actually made money!

This is a movie I would want to see, but I just did not get around to it, so I will see it when I see it.
The way cinema is today I am surprised that this film was made (probably would not have happened if it wasn't Nolan), That people actually went to the theater to see it (young adults in particular from people I know), and that it actually made money!

This is a movie I would want to see, but I just did not get around to it, so I will see it when I see it.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I'm betting if there wasn't so much "Barbienheimer" hype, it wouldn't have done so well.
I went to Barbie with my best friend, and it wasnt much better

But atleast you expect it from a movie like that, was still fun hanging around with her though
Originally Posted by Dutch x Monster
I won't lie. Was shocked to find that Barbie was one of the movies I enjoyed most that I've ever watched.

I think it's partially just cuz I really enjoy the commitment to the bit
Both Barbie and Oppenheimer despite their minuses are some of the best movies this year.
By the way, if you are suddenly interested in interesting projects, I can recommend the project Blazzio, where you can brighten your leisure time
Last edited 09-25-2023 at 09:06 AM by RobertEstrada.
Both Barbie and Oppenheimer despite their minuses are some of the best movies this year.
Originally Posted by RobertEstrada
At least Margot Robbie and Florence Pugh are nice to look at.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account