Xbox 360 Marketplace update happening Feb 7, 2023

Xbox 360

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

You can take this for what it's worth. I got a message from Xbox on Tuesday that read:

" Starting February 7,2023, a limited set of games and related content will no longer be purchasable in select markets via the Xbox 360 Store. For more information, go to: https://www.aka.ms/Xbox360StoreUpdate "

The link will take you to a PDF that reads:

The following game titles may be removed from the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

Aegis Wing
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed® III
Assassin's Creed® IV
Assassin's Creed® Liberation HD
Blood of the Werewolf
Blue Dragon
Breakdown
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Castle Crashers
Cloning Clyde
Counter-Strike: GO
Dark Souls™
Darksiders II
DAYTONA USA
Defense Grid
Eets: Chowdown
Far Cry® 2
Final Fight: DblImpact
Iron Brigade
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
Jet Set Radio
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
LIMBO
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect 2
MONOPOLY DEAL
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
Outpost Kaloki X
Peggle ® 2
Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
Prince of Persia
R.U.S.E.
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Skate 2
South Park™: The Stick of Truth™
Spelunky
SplinterCellConviction
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars KOTOR 2
The Orange Box
The Raven Episode 1
The Witcher 2
What a shame, there’s some good games on that list.
What a shame, there’s some good games on that list.
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
True, but most of them are available physically anyway. Even Outpost Kaloki X you can get on a compilation disc.
some can continue to be purchased from the Xbox One and Xbox Series store...
there are others that can be played with backward compatibility, but only buy on Xbox 360 like "DAYTONA USA" why's that?
I got same message but didn't want to read the list on the TV. But thanks for typing it out on here.
True, but most of them are available physically anyway. Even Outpost Kaloki X you can get on a compilation disc.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Is this a UK thing? I don't think I have ever seen any type of compilation discs here in the US. Unless it is part of some collection like Capcom Cabinet which is digital.
Is this a UK thing? I don't think I have ever seen any type of compilation discs here in the US. Unless it is part of some collection like Capcom Cabinet which is digital.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Nope, It's on a disc called "Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1". This disc was released around 2006 and has Bejeweled 2, Geometry Wars retro evolved; Wik: Fable of Souls; Texas Hold'em Poker, Outpost Kaloki X; and Hardwood Backgammon. I'm not sure if they ever released a "volume 2".
Nope, It's on a disc called "Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1". This disc was released around 2006 and has Bejeweled 2, Geometry Wars retro evolved; Wik: Fable of Souls; Texas Hold'em Poker, Outpost Kaloki X; and Hardwood Backgammon. I'm not sure if they ever released a "volume 2".
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
As I own most of these games already I guess It may never have hit my radar or maybe I just forgot about it.
As I own most of these games already I guess It may never have hit my radar or maybe I just forgot about it.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
They weren't super common, seems like a copy was getting passed around the first couple of AF, though. Outside of that, I don't think I ever saw one.
They weren't super common, seems like a copy was getting passed around the first couple of AF, though. Outside of that, I don't think I ever saw one.
Originally Posted by futiles
Pretty sure I still own it, but I'll have to check!

I had two arcade compilation discs, but they were both from differently named series. They had different games on them, yet from memory they both featured Bejeweled 2. One had six games and one had five... I'll have a dig and see if I've still got them.
The discs were called XBL Arcade and XBL Arcade Unplugged vol 1. There was no vol 2.
One was a green case, the other white.
I'd link a photo, but it doesn't want to pull from my photo album, so fuck it.
Last edited 02-09-2023 at 11:59 PM by Dacoto.
The discs were called XBL Arcade and XBL Arcade Unplugged vol 1. There was no vol 2.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yeah, the only reliable way to link a photo here is using a hosting service (like a shutterfly or whatever, I use futiles.net) and link to the direct URL of the image. You can load the image to GTN, and then link internally, but, I found that to be cumbersome in previous attempts.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I just upload to Imgur as a hidden post.
I just don't care to go through the hoops to load images here that people can just google if they're so inclined.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account