Realistic Pokemon Art

Gaming Chat

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Would a realistc redesign make you try Pokemon again? (Check all that apply)

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 14 (33.33%) Absolutely, I'd give it a try.

× 14 (33.33%) Nah, it was never my style and this wouldn't change that.

× 23 (54.76%) Kaens makes me read his posts because I need poll votes.

• Added 06-05-2015 01:18 PM
  • 42 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
  • Votes are public
I have no idea who originally painted this so I cannot give them credit. A shame because this is awesome stuff. Reminds me of when the Hildebrandt bros did the Marvel Universe.

i saw these not too long ago. I thought they were freaking awesome! The artist is RJ Palmer,
you can see his other stuff here ---> http://rj-palmer.com/
Never played any of the games...My kid likes collecting the cards...
I've never played it, don't plan on playing it, and I don't need poll votes. What am I doing here?
I've never played it, don't plan on playing it, and I don't need poll votes. What am I doing here?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
dat mewtwo tho...
I think I'm the only person in the gaming world who doesn't know what a pokeman is. I once believed it was a Japanese cartoon but then heard it was also a video game, though I'm not sure it was a U.S. video game.
I think I'm the only person in the gaming world who doesn't know what a pokeman is. I once believed it was a Japanese cartoon but then heard it was also a video game, though I'm not sure it was a U.S. video game.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
It is a video game with a related anime show that spawned multiple feature length movies. It started in Japan, was brought to the U.S. and basically took over the world at the end of the 90's/early 2000's, though it has slowed significantly in recent years.
It is a video game with a related anime show that spawned multiple feature length movies. It started in Japan, was brought to the U.S. and basically took over the world at the end of the 90's/early 2000's, though it has slowed significantly in recent years.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Gotcha. I was in my 30s then and it was a gaming hiatus for me. After the original NES I pretty much quit gaming for a little over a decade, then picked it back up with the original xbox. I don't remember my kids being into it either but I also don't remember what I had for dinner last night, so basing anything on my memory is an exercise in futility Lol
I like Pokemon in general but I'm only really familiar with the first generation of Pokemon. Once they started adding new ones I was lost. My daughter however really likes them so I get to see a lot of the new ones, which I particular do not like design wise. I think the originals were awesome and fun, but to me it seems that this is just a another victim of corporate greed and the new designs were half assed. They started with like 150? Now there are like over 500 so some of the designs are cool but most just fall short.

When I first saw Skylanders I thought for sure they would do this same treatment for Pokemon.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
See, this is why you can't come play with the big boys when it comes to badges...
Realistic art for Pokemon would turn me away from the games. Where was that option?
Amazing work it has to be said. Going to be showing a few people this.
See, this is why you can't come play with the big boys when it comes to badges...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Exactly what I was thinking, then I saw you pointed it out for me.

Personally, I LOVE me some Pokemon, putting 200+ hours in to each of the first few series.
I played Pokemon Stadium and Pokémon snap on the N64 loved the Pokemon Snap but couldn't really get into Stadium for some reason.. But I did complete Pokémon Red for the Gameboy as much as I could. I did have anyone to trade for other versions of Pokémon and you needed to traded with people who had Blue and Yellow in order to "collect" them all.. That sort of turned me off all that work and I could complete my collection...maybe that's the root of my collecting/completion problems.
B8, playing those games is like saying you played Mario games because you played Mario Party and Mario Strikers. Pokemon Red however, is a proper Pokemon game. The way those games work, and to encourage kids to trade together is there are always to games released, then much later there is a GOTY edition almost that includes all of the Pokemon. In the original series, Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue were the two games, much later Yellow came out. The same thing has continued to happen throughout the sequels (Gold/Silver then Platinum, Diamond/Pearl then Emerald, etc).

Personally, I always just had two copies and traded with myself. I had my master version, and I'd use the other game to 'feed' it missing pokemon, legendaries, items, whatever. Then my son, who was trying to play with me but too young at the time, I'd just give good stuff to so he could impress his friends.
Oh well, I didn't know that Yellow was considered a GOTY or that it had all the Pokemon inclusive.. Good to know.
B8, playing those games is like saying you played Mario games because you played Mario Party and Mario Strikers. Pokemon Red however, is a proper Pokemon game. The way those games work, and to encourage kids to trade together is there are always to games released, then much later there is a GOTY edition almost that includes all of the Pokemon. In the original series, Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue were the two games, much later Yellow came out. The same thing has continued to happen throughout the sequels (Gold/Silver then Platinum, Diamond/Pearl then Emerald, etc).

Personally, I always just had two copies and traded with myself. I had my master version, and I'd use the other game to 'feed' it missing pokemon, legendaries, items, whatever. Then my son, who was trying to play with me but too young at the time, I'd just give good stuff to so he could impress his friends.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Was this the guy arguing that Crystal Defenders was a Final Fantasy game?
Was this the guy arguing that Crystal Defenders was a Final Fantasy game?
Uh, yeah, cause it is. Badge series are different from mainline games, that precedent has been set all over the place here.
Uh, yeah, cause it is. Badge series are different from mainline games, that precedent has been set all over the place here.
Originally Posted by Kaens
So the games with the name of the Franchise are not that franchise game....
So the games with the name of the Franchise are not that franchise game....
It's late so I don't know if you're just being a smart ass but I'll explain my point and you'll hopefully see I'm not being hypocritical.

Mario Strikers, Pokemon Snap, Halo Assault, Banjo Nuts & Bolts, etc are not 'mainline' or 'proper' games in a series. So if I ever asked you, "What do you think of the paint mechanic in Mario Sunshine?", you know damn well I mean in the context of "real Mario" games. But if I asked, "Fsh, you're a racing guy, should I get Sonic Racers?", you also know I'm asking compared to other kart racers, not to Sonic titles. So in this conversation, saying you've played Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Pinball (both awesome games btw), does not mean you played a "Pokemon" game.

Now, it does mean you played a game in the Pokemon series, which would qualify you for the "Gotta catch them all" badge here. Game series here doesn't mean mainline, it's anything with the characters or world apparently on a whatever Eric feels like today. Its a dictatorship, but granted he wants to keep us peasants happy so if we cry to much he can be influenced, but everything I've seen in the past two years says Eric calls the shots, especially when it comes to badges or anything related like the game series.

Seriously, I expect this crap from futiles, not from you :P

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account