GTN Fitness Gamer Group (Cycle 1)

General Chat

The first cycle of the GTN Fitness Gamer Group begins tonight around midnight! Use this thread to track, discuss, and trash talk (er, support and motivate) other members working on thier personal fitness goals.

Check your potential status on THIS page (leaderboard). The first week only has 100gs required of Kinect related gamerscore increase to obtain. Let's start nice and easy, and make sure we got this rolling right.

Here's a reminder of the rules and regulations:

GTN Fitness Gamers Group

Established 2015

Goal:

The GTN Fitness Gamers Group is dedicated to using gaming
as a utility in assisting members reach thier individual fitness and/or weight
goals. Through friendship and teamwork, inspired through competative motivation,
members of the group will benefit from each other in reaching fitness and/or weight
goals, as well as adding much desired gamerscore to thier individual gamertag.

Membership:

Any member of GTN (Gamertag Nation) can join the GTN Fitness Gamers Group.
Any member wishing to join the group must join the leaderboard that has been
created (for managing organization purposes only) and post thier goals
and intentions, as well as expectations they hope to recieve from the other
group members. Membership is not mandatory for any members, and any member can
elect at any time to remove themselves from the group. Participation is not
mandatory, but highly suggested - the more you put into it, the better results
you can achieve.

Sign-up:

When a member signs up, he or she is required to post goals, intentions, expectations,
starting weight (only if member is attempting weight loss), and goal weight (same as
before). The more specific the goals are for each individual, the higher success rate
each individual can possibly experience. Studies have shown that when someone really
specifies the details of a goal, they are much more likely to accomplish it.

Medical Disclaimer:

It is always highly recommended that before anyone attempts a new excersize or diet, that
they consult with thier physician about the risks and possible problems that may arise.
Since each member is unique, the program is designed that each member designs thier own
regimen within the groups guidelines. If a member at any time feels physically or
emotionally incapable of contuing the program safely, they would be applauded for doing
so instead of 'pushing through the pain'.

Program Schedule:

Each cycle will include 10 weeks, with a 2 week period in between. Scoring goals are as follows:
Week 1 - 100gs Kinect-related increase
Week 2 - 200gs Kinect-related increase
Week 3 - 300gs Kinect-related increase
Week 4 - 400gs Kinect-related increase
Week 5 - 500gs Kinect-related increase
Week 6 - 600gs Kinect-related increase
Week 7 - 700gs Kinect-related increase
Week 8 - 800gs Kinect-related increase
Week 9 - 900gs Kinect-related increase
Week 10 - 1000gs. Kinect-related increase

The total amount of Kinect related gamerscore increase for each ten week cycle in order to achieve all 10 weekly points
are 5500 gamerscore. This is designed to increase the difficulty progressively for each cycle.

Each week score only counts for that week. For example, if you score 200 points in week
one, the extra 100 points does not roll into week two.

For each week a member meets the cycle goals, they are awarded a point. For the cycle
there will be a maximum of 20 available points, 10 from the weekly goals, and 10 for extra
credit goals announced each week.

At the end of each cycle, a scoreboard will be posted for comparison. Every so often, a
cycle 'leader' may be awarded with an extra prize (to be determined).

Each cycle is it'sown entity, but member total scores will be tabulated as well, for
comparison and motivation purposes only. Each week, in order to earn the weekly point,
the member must reach the score goal AND post thier goal increases or decreases, such
as weight increase or loss, etc...

Weeks will start Monday mornings and end Sunday evenings when points are assessed.

Forum acticity is encouraged but not mandated. Purchasing Kinect games is encouraged, but
mandated. Your success depends on your input and activity. Good luck!

IN ORDER TO EARN YOUR POINT FOR THIS WEEK, YOU MUST EARN 100GS FROM ANY KINECT RELATED TITLE.
THE BONUS POINT FOR THIS WEEK CAN ALSO REWARD YOU WITH A BADGE - GEM COLLECTOR.

If you already have Gem Collector badge, no worries. Another Kinect Sports Gems completion will earn you the bonus point.

For any questions or concerns, please contact me via PM or simply post/reply in this thread.

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, AND BE SAFE!!!
I like it, though I think I'll have to wait until the weekend to move the sofa. That's my current issue, not being able to just Kinect whenever. Besides, I'm aching like crazy after running around at airsoft all day yesterday!
This sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't have regular access to my kinect right now, so I might have to join in next time or play for fun.

Edit: I think I might as well join in for fun. My goal isn't to lsoe weight, but I'll try to keep up with the GS goal even if it means retroactively getting points for weeks I didn't have access to the kinect.
Last edited 06-08-2015 at 09:37 PM by Roku750.
That's perfectly awesome Roku - thanks for having fun with us!
I'm in and not needing to loose weight really but want to get back into a regular exercise routine.. Maybe I'll get a game with a streak counter for an achievement to help with this.
There ya go. You can do it Jeff!!

My goal for this cycle is to lose 10lbs, or 1 pound a week. I am currently averaging 187 - so I'd like to be 177 at the end of cycle 1.

What are your goals?
youll see me on the xbox fitness ya'll Smile since I have most of the achievements, you wont see much of the Kinect GS but youll possibly see that Mt. Everest achievement pop some day. Smile
My goal is to loose some weight, build some tone, and build my endurance. I may not necessarily do my all my activity via Kinect because I am already walking 30-45 min 4-5 times a week (except this week, I have been bad). I joined more for the moral support and encouragement. I am at about 135 lbs right now and my target weight is for it to start with 12-, which is not realistic for 10 weeks, but that is my end goal. Well, I hope this help get motivated and into a regular routine.

I really should dust off my Kinect and score some points early on, but with my work schedule and my lack of Kinect games, I won't be able to keep up with each cycle.
One more day to go to finish the first week of the cycle!! I have earned my 100 points in Kinect already, and only need two more achievements to finish a Kinect Gems title for the bonus point! How are you guys fairing?
BOOOOOOM!!! I nailed the weekly goals folks and netted myself both points for the week! I'm going to be looking at stats tonight to see who else gets both points.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - the person who scores the most Kinect points each week AND earns the bonus point also earns the weekly leader point (previously unmentioned - I was waiting until now to share it.). Each week's Kinect point leader that earns both GS and bonus also earns the week leader point!

GOOD LUCK!!! Only a few hours left...
Fail on both counts. Haven't set the kinect up at all...

Busy weekend, just settling in for some gaming now, but at this time on a Sunday it's going to be in the sat down position.
Yea unfortunately I failed in the scoring last week too.. But I di get back into the gym for the first time in a while and I got my main accounts profile download to my living room 360, where I needed the room for the Kinect games and so I can start getting some scoring in now.
Got all of my Kinect games out, just need the time which is coming soon.
The gamers who are signed up at this point are PRELUDEcris, Kaens, B8TINGU, porschephiliac, pTartTX, BigNev44, LAFTA, and Roku750.

The Kinect scores are as follows:
1) porschephiliac 110gs, earned weekly score point. Completed bonus requirement. Weekly high score leader bonus
= 3 points.
2) B8TINGU 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
3) BIGNEV44 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
4) Kaens 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
5) LAFTA 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
6) PRELUDEcris 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
7) pTartTX 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.
8) Roku750 0gs, did not earn wk point. Did not complete bonus requirement
= 0 points.

Let's do a bit better this second week, eh guys?
Hey guys, we are 4 days into the second week of cycle one! Hows everyone doing so far?! I know I am way behind this week.I only have a few achievements earned for the 200 needed, and only 2 from Fruit Ninja Kinect - only 9 more to get the bonus point!

If you need any motivation, tips, or just a buddy to talk to too, PM me for my cell number and we can talk/text and get you motivated and in shape. My average weight for the last 3 days is down to 183 from 187 last week, and the wife is noticing Wink

You can do it!
Some of us already have a ton of Kinect points and just don't have the points available.
Some of us already have a ton of Kinect points and just don't have the points available.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Thanks for sticking up for me... But what's your excuse? Smile
Well, you can still play with us and get in better shape. Maybe there is a way to also track percentage increase for guys like you... like 1% over all increase the first week, etc....... something to ponder.... hmm.

Even a little participation is better than none.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account