GFWL Games not tracking properly

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Hello all,

I've noticed some weird behavior when it comes to the achievement tracking for a few of the GFWL games that I have, and I was hoping that someone could look into it. For example, I got all of the achievements in hour of victory, but if you look at my profile, It's currently showing as 0 / 50. Weird thing is it also looks to have a tiny sliver of gold if you look at the progress bar which I thought was pretty interesting. I also unlocked 24 achievements yesterday in Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, but that's also showing as currently 0 / 47. When I scanned in the achievements last night, It looked like it was working properly because It did for a brief time show 50 / 50 and 24 / 47, but they are now both back to zero.

Any suggestions / ideas into solving this glitch would be greatly appreciated. Only thing I could possibly think of is I'm currently changing my email on my Microsoft account to a new one and I've currently disabled logging into my Microsoft account with the old email. I don't know if that's been causing this glitch or not.
I scanned in an Xbox one (Astroneer) and that one is showing correctly. it seems to strictly be only those 2 GFWL games.
Sometimes the individual achievements for a game sync later, you could try syncing from the GamerTagNation page on one of these 2 GFWL games. Aditionally i assume you synced the achievements with an online GFWL game, incase you earned them offline?
I tried using a tool to Re-sync Achievements. Hour of Victory (PC) shows up having an issue on your profile and a re-sync didn't change anything.

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY did not show up in the tool to re-sync. This is something Eric will need to look into as I have no other tools at my disposal.
Sometimes the individual achievements for a game sync later, you could try syncing from the GamerTagNation page on one of these 2 GFWL games. Aditionally i assume you synced the achievements with an online GFWL game, incase you earned them offline?
Originally Posted by Thijminecraft02
Yes, I have. It is showing up on my Xbox profile.

As I said above, it looks like it briefly shows the achievements on my profile correctly, e.g. when I rescan right now, I can see this for Batman AA GOTY.
https://pasteboard.co/2AntORvM89U8.png

but after 5-10 minutes, it looks like this.
https://pasteboard.co/IGxUqWF7EZZ2.png

It does look better though, as it seems that HOV is now sticking with 50/50. Only Batman AA GOTY reverted back to 0/47
It does look better though, as it seems that HOV is now sticking with 50/50. Only Batman AA GOTY reverted back to 0/47
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
Well, never mind with that. I checked this morning an hour of victory is back to showing 0/50, but there is a slight golden sliver you can see which is very weird. But it definitely seems like it didn't revert back to zero right away.
GFWL titles have always been a bit dodgy for me, right from my first ever PC Xbox purchase - Fallout 3.
GFWL titles have always been a bit dodgy for me, right from my first ever PC Xbox purchase - Fallout 3.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Yeah, I've heard of people having achievements synching issues with Fable III, and I'm hoping that when I start playing that game more next year, I don't run into the same issue. However, there is a way of fixing the problem. which would be deleting your achievement cache and then trying the achievement requirements again.
Update: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY now also shows a small golden sliver while it is marked 0/47. Not sure what would be causing this, but I'm planning on starting another GFWL game soon. We'll see if the same behavior happens.
OK, so I started a new GFWL game tonight, this time being Crash Time 4: The Syndicate. The site initially showed 13 achievements waiting to be synched on my profile, but this is another game that is now back to 0.

I hope something is found because this bug is really annoying.
Ok I tried a different tool and it looks like it is now reporting correctly, currently on your profile it looks like this for your GFWL:

Hour of Victory 50/50
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY 47/47
Crash Time 4: The Syndicate 18/39
Ok I tried a different tool and it looks like it is now reporting correctly, currently on your profile it looks like this for your GFWL:

Hour of Victory 50/50
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
It seems it has reverted back to 0 achievements earned for all titles.
It seems it has reverted back to 0 achievements earned for all titles.
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
Strange, I ran the same tool and the achievement count is back to these numbers:

Hour of Victory 50/50

Why does it revert back to 0 again I am not sure. Eric will need to have a deeper look.
My recently played GFWL games now also show 0/x Frown
So, the obvious solution here is "Stop playing GFWL games."
Originally Posted by futiles
true XD, but i hope it gets fixed.
Originally Posted by futiles
Once I get my last 10 GFWL games done, I'm never gonna touch it again.

also, it looks like the games are now sticking on my profile. Hour of Victory no longer shows 35 achievements waiting to be synced. And it also looks like my profile was automatically scanned at around 9:30 PM and the achievements have been on the profile for at least two hours now. It would have been removed by now, so I think we're all good now, fingers crossed
Last edited 09-24-2023 at 05:05 AM by Superbob.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account