Xbox Fitness News

Xbox Fitness

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

So I started up Xbox fitness today and was a little taken aback by the message that says

"As of June 27th 2016 you will no longer be able to purchase programs and/or workouts, you will be able to play and download the one you have purchased through June 27th 2017 after June 30th 2017 you will not be able to use Xbox Fitness or any workouts."
"Beginning December 15th 2016 Free with gold will expire, the workouts available for free streaming will no longer be available."

So anyone still needing to finish this game off has a year, if you have bought content, if you are streaming the free content you have until Dec 15th. This is a bit of a shock I love Xbox Fitness but when they phase out a peripheral like the Kinect this is what happens.
Do you reckon they have lost the licence for these workouts or they just simply closing the servers they are hosted on? So if you have retail disc, trade it in quickly before it gets to the point they won't take it off you.
Do you reckon they have lost the licence for these workouts or they just simply closing the servers they are hosted on? So if you have retail disc, trade it in quickly before it gets to the point they won't take it off you.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Don't believe it has retail release.
It could be that the license is expiring next year since Beach Body is trying it's own service streaming it's workout routines, but Microsoft has shut down Fable Legends then Project Spark now Xbox Fitness could just be the downsizing of projects that aren't doing as well as expected.
I guess I will go ahead and delete this off my hard drive then.
The irony is that they just released 9 new challenges for this.
Well that stinks. I might have to look at getting back into working on this soon.
Don't believe it has retail release.
It could be that the license is expiring next year since Beach Body is trying it's own service streaming it's workout routines, but Microsoft has shut down Fable Legends then Project Spark now Xbox Fitness could just be the downsizing of projects that aren't doing as well as expected.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Yes, no disc. It is/was a "Free-to-play" digital title. So, no retail release.
They did put up a new workout on that news, though, Xbox Fitness Zombies. It is the best workout yet. It is so cheesy, but quite a lot of fun. Doesn't take itself too seriously.
They did put up a new workout on that news, though, Xbox Fitness Zombies. It is the best workout yet. It is so cheesy, but quite a lot of fun. Doesn't take itself too seriously.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
It took some getting used to, yes cheesy is right, but they put this out now when it closing this was a nice change of pace. I could see an action one with some old '80's action hero doing the routine but sadly this will never be.
It took some getting used to, yes cheesy is right, but they put this out now when it closing this was a nice change of pace. I could see an action one with some old '80's action hero doing the routine but sadly this will never be.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
UGH, that would be AMAAZING. Get Schwarzenegger to do a faux Commando scene? Stallone to have you train with Rocky (or Creed/Drago)? Willis to evade terrorists in Nakatomi Plaza? Don't tell anyone, we're sitting on a gold mine here.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account