15k in a week (poll included)

Gaming Chat

How many days for me to hit 15K?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (2.78%) 1 Day - Wait, what? I'm not a machine.... Wink

× 0 (0%) 2 Days - Damn, that's still nuts.

× 0 (0%) 3 Days - Alright, that's at least possible.

× 6 (16.67%) 4 Days - Humpday is always a good day.

× 6 (16.67%) 5 Days - Done before end of the week.

× 6 (16.67%) 6 Days - Cutting it a little close.

× 5 (13.89%) 7 Days - What were you doing all week?

× 4 (11.11%) Yeah right, not going to happen.

× 8 (22.22%) I'm just here for the poll.

• Added 08-12-2015 08:58 PM
  • 36 votes
Hit my goal 3hrs early, even after starting 2 hrs late. Not bad. 5950 so far today in about 12hrs (with an hour each for lunch and dinner, so just over 10hrs game time), not sure how much more I'll do. Maybe an extra 50 so I can break 6k for the day. Smile

So, can I get a badge for 5k in a day? Wink
Last edited 08-17-2015 at 01:38 AM by Buckswana.
So, the badge for playing in one of Zombie's challenges is going to be given out by someone other than Zombie in PJs? Interesting. I still think Buck gets done his 15K in a day.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ok, so what I'm hearing is that you guys want a badge that you think is unobtainable and when I give the chance to make it obtainable, you get mad? Lol..Do you guys just hate me? Wait don't answer that....lol..

The fact is Zombie is no longer a staff member here and his badge replaced a previous competition badge that people complained wasn't being award due to no competitions being offered on the site. So like other things on this site that people were complaining of I took the reigns and ran with it. Trying to help. I like the zombie badge its a novel idea, a reboot and if I had my way anyone who had the previous badge would just be upgraded to the zombie badge, as it's a badge for doing the same thing the previous badge was awarded for, winning a site run competition. The zombie badge will hopefully be re labeled. If not it will be re designed just as it was before.
Two things going on in here, I must comment on both.

1. Zombie badge is going to be awarded and will probably continue to be awarded. It doesn't need to be renamed, nothing wrong with leaving the history in the badge. Sorta like TA's Bean dives... only a fraction of the people know why it's called a Bean dive, but that doesn't stop anyone from participating.

2. Buck dropped half of the 15k today, proving my point that 15k in a week is extremely completable, regardless of your gamescore. I think there are only about 10 people in the world that it would be very very difficult for, and they could do it if they planned for it.

Dead horse - we should have 20k & 25k in a week badges, and while you're at it go ahead and add a 5k in a day badge.
Two things going on in here, I must comment on both.

1. Zombie badge is going to be awarded and will probably continue to be awarded. It doesn't need to be renamed, nothing wrong with leaving the history in the badge. Sorta like TA's Bean dives... only a fraction of the people know why it's called a Bean dive, but that doesn't stop anyone from participating.

2. Buck dropped half of the 15k today, proving my point that 15k in a week is extremely completable, regardless of your gamescore. I think there are only about 10 people in the world that it would be very very difficult for, and they could do it if they planned for it.

Dead horse - we should have 20k & 25k in a week badges, and while you're at it go ahead and add a 5k in a day badge.
Originally Posted by Kaens
OH! Can we get a 10K in a day badge, and make it retro? I think "I" got 10K in 24 hours at AF2015.
OH! Can we get a 10K in a day badge, and make it retro? I think "I" got 10K in 24 hours at AF2015.
Originally Posted by futiles
I wouldn't argue against that. That's one hell of a gamertag accomplishment. I think it's a lot more deserving that earning a 0 point achievement!
On point it is possible to do yes, but many people don't have the time to do it. I vote against a higher badge.. Personally.

Aa for Buck, damn man.. You're a beast..and congrats on the 5k. I'll make sure you get your badges when earned, if the site doesn't pick them up.
To continue to pile on the horse, we might as well make 10/15/20/25k in a day badges as well, given our history in doing such a feat.
Day 2 starting gamerscore - 425,331

Day 1 total - 6590
Overall - 6590

That's most of my crazy quick stuff, rest will be a little more grindy. Only had all that thanks to being addicted to Destiny for the last 8-9 months. And even with that huge drop, I'm still against higher tier "in a week" badges. I just don't see them as being for the community as a whole, especially as the numbers get driven up. And especially not if they can still be acquired by simply playing offline. 10k in a week was a fun challenge for site members. 15/20/25 etc just seems like it either serves only a select few (like myself), or will simply encourage offline scoring. A 1k/2.5k/5k in a day badge would be cool, but only if it's online only as well. .
That's most of my crazy quick stuff, rest will be a little more grindy. Only had all that thanks to being addicted to Destiny for the last 8-9 months. And even with that huge drop, I'm still against higher tier "in a week" badges. I just don't see them as being for the community as a whole, especially as the numbers get driven up. And especially not if they can still be acquired by simply playing offline. 10k in a week was a fun challenge for site members. 15/20/25 etc just seems like it either serves only a select few (like myself), or will simply encourage offline scoring. A 1k/2.5k/5k in a day badge would be cool, but only if it's online only as well.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I agree with you on the online only, that's a must to prevent cheating we figured out 10 years ago.

Re: "fun challenge for site members"

Do you think that's what the badges are? Maybe the 5 & 10 pointers, but 15/20/25 pointers are only for dedicated people. 5000 posts? 50k cheevos? Come on, give this site another 50 years and the vast majority of people are still left out. I'm so tired of hearing this all inclusive bs argument. Everything doesn't have to be for everyone. Stop the participation awards, it's stupid.

Re: "most of my crazy quick stuff, rest will be a little more grindy"

Whatever, you already OWN enough games to easily get there. I hate that people act like things are impossible without even doing their own work.
  1. King's Quest
  2. Syberia 2
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. Tales from Borderlands
  5. Unmechanical
  6. Slice Zombies
  7. Limbo
  8. Stick It To The Man

That's just stuff you say you own and can complete in less than 5 hours. You have a TON more games you can quickly get 500 points in, but you have to be Mr Competitionist.

After I started pushing hard again last week for 20k & 25k in a week badges and talking crap I started planning. After two hours of planning I found 27k points I could do in a week, and another 13k points for backup. You have to have backup points because things will glitch, you will get stuck, you'll follow the guide wrong, whatever. If I have them available, I know you have them available.
Since you don't seem content to just let it go and let Eric make a decision, this is the last I'll say about it. I never said I didn't have lots of games, just that it was all my my fastest stuff done. I don't need you to make a list for me, I know what I have available. 10k in a week is not a participation award, nor is the 15k it's already been bumped up to. Part of the reason for my big push yesterday is that even though I'm on vacation, I still don't have an entire week to spend on this, since I've got company coming on Saturday, and stuff do get done Friday before they come. Regardless, like I said it's not up to me, the powers that be will do what they will, and so be it.
Nice work Buckswana, not sure why everybody is taking your post way off topic.
Slice Zombies in +30C weather with high humidity is not advised. Ugghh. Smile

Dinner break, just over 3k for today, just shy of 10k so far. Might have a friend coming by for a bit after dinner, so not sure if I'll get anything more in today.
Day 3 starting gamerscore - 428,356

Day 1 total - 6590
Day 2 total - 3025
Overall - 9615
Booo. Just got my first "Done! Unlocking..." this week. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
ow ow ow ow ow owo owwwwoowwoooo
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
LMFAO!!! Seriously. I laughed out loud hard enough to get a look from employees.

Only because I imagine you actually doing it instead of just reading it Big Grin
Day 3 starting gamerscore - 428,356

Day 1 total - 6590
Day 2 total - 3025
Overall - 9615
Whoa. Keep it up Buck!
Slice Zombies in +30C weather with high humidity is not advised. Ugghh. Smile

Dinner break, just over 3k for today, just shy of 10k so far. Might have a friend coming by for a bit after dinner, so not sure if I'll get anything more in today.
Yeah, that's a bad idea... Passing out from heat exhaustion will surely slow down your scoring.
Double boo. Had an achievement glitch in King's Quest, that'll require replaying most of the game. Have to clean that one up later. X1 not being kind today.
Apparently all my achievements from that point on glitched, which includes the 2 for completing the game, and helping everyone. Tried rebooting the game and continuing, which puts you right before those last 2 achievements should pop, but they still won't. These aren't the "Done! Unlocking..." type either, they just don't show at all. Not sure what the hell happened there. That's almost 400gs I got screwed out of today. Lame.
Tried continuing the game one more time after doing a hard reset on the console, and actually got the last 2 achievements (175gs) to pop, so at least that's something. Will still need to play through most of it for the Duel Of Speed achievement again, but at least not all of it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account