Lions From Bad To Worse

Sports

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

So if you haven't seen Calvin Johnson retired today after 9 seasons. He was arguably the best WR in the league and one of the only reasons the Lions won games with his acrobatic catches. As an old school Barry Sanders Lions fan it really feels like that scenario all over again, a great Hall of Fame player retires while he still has good seasons left.
I think he was losing a step or two the past couple years... 3-4 years ago he was arguably the best. Someday the Lions will be great!
I never thought he was even top 10, maybe as a jump ball receiver, but actually getting open consistently he did not. Size was his advantage, a deep threat he was not. i know he was always double covered right? so was Randy Moss who consistently burned defenders and made big plays.

It took 4 years and 4 first round picks to finally get one (receiver) that lasted more than one year, now we start over again, by the time they get another one Stafford will be done as well.

THE LIONS WILL ALWAYS SUCK!.
I never thought he was even top 10, maybe as a jump ball receiver, but actually getting open consistently he did not. Size was his advantage, a deep threat he was not. i know he was always double covered right? so was Randy Moss who consistently burned defenders and made big plays.

It took 4 years and 4 first round picks to finally get one (receiver) that lasted more than one year, now we start over again, by the time they get another one Stafford will be done as well.

THE LIONS WILL ALWAYS SUCK!.
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Randy Moss consistently got open and made catches with the Vikings and Patriots, when he always had a supporting cast. His stint in Oakland, where he was very lackluster, would be similar to Calvin Johnson's career in Detroit, with Calvin's numbers being superior.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account