Found 2 posts - Go to Last Post

I hope that THIS is the correct place to discuss this.

I was having a problem, where the game would freeze when loading the first chapter in Episode 2 (Smoke and Mirrors). I would hear, "Mr. Toad" and the loading activity icon would stop spinning and the whole console would be locked-up! I had to shutdown and restart the console.

I even went to TellTale's web site, and found someone who had the same EXACT problem, but I tried everything HE tried, to no avail.

The one thing that everyone would say, was if they could skip the recap of the previous episode... the lock-up wouldn't occur. Then it occured to me that if I hit the "A" button repeatedly as the chapter was loading... it just might skip the recap and continue with the game (because there are other parts of the game where you can do that, like during the credits at the end of an episode).

Well... THAT DID THE TRICK! I just wanted to post somewhere what I did to get past the glitch, and that seemed to do it. It seems like it doesn't work, but after a few seconds, the game continues on. I have a MadCatz controller with a turbo feature in it, and I assigned it to the "A" button (for the button-mashing sequences, mostly) to make sure I got plenty of button presses to skip the recap video (which seems to be the culprit for the freezing problem), although I'm sure regular fast presses on the "A" button would be enough.

I hope this helps anyone who happens to be playing this game this long after it came out.

If this isn't the right place to post this message, an admin can move it let me know where it should go.
This is the perfect place to post this. I was lucky enough not to encounter the glitch, but I now know how to fix it for anybody else that may ask about it. Big Grin

Thanks!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account