Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

General Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 2 (8.33%) Yes (in the cultural/religious sense)

× 3 (12.50%) Yes (drinking)

× 19 (79.17%) No

• Added 03-18-2024 12:05 AM
  • 24 votes
Logging in today for the badge and thought I’d make a poll while I’m at it.
“There are only two classes of people—the Irish and those who wish they were Irish.” — Therese Duffy.
Yes I like to celebrate because I am a little Irish and loving going to an Irish restraunt with one of my good friends if I can on St patricks day if possible.
I've heard it said that Saint Patrick's Day is basically the kids' version of Mardi Gras. Obviously, that's not an exact analogy, but kids certainly get into it (wearing green, pinching each other, green eggs and ham, etc.) more than adults tend to.
I've heard it said that Saint Patrick's Day is basically the kids' version of Mardi Gras. Obviously, that's not an exact analogy, but kids certainly get into it (wearing green, pinching each other, green eggs and ham, etc.) more than adults tend to.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Whoever came up with that particular analogy must not know the history behind those particular days, because they're nowhere near similar.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
St Patrick's always felt more like "Frat Boy Beer Day" the way most people celebrated. In school, we always had pretty elaborate Mardi Gras festivals, including parades and a ball, but, I was in New Orleans (so, I can see how that would be an outlier).
Whoever came up with that particular analogy must not know the history behind those particular days, because they're nowhere near similar.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
I mean, they are both Catholic based myths that have no bearing on the way the modern world uses them to drink and party to excess... So, he isn't 100% wrong.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
I imagine the analogy was less about the origins and more about the celebrations. Adults tend to get crazy / wild during Mardi Gras while kids tend to get excited over Saint Patrick's Day. Though, personally, I'd say that Halloween is more of a kids Mardi Gras than Saint Patrick's Day. I know I used to get all sugared up and crazy as a kid. Lol
Yes in that I change all the lights on the outside of my house to be green.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account