Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

If a game is available on both systems which do you choose?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 23 (40.35%) I'm buying only Xbox One Games

× 10 (17.54%) I'm sticking with the Xbox 360 Version

× 21 (36.84%) BOTH, I'm that kind of Crazy with Deep Pockets

× 3 (5.26%) Pfft, I am all about the PS4

• Added 11-06-2013 08:19 PM
  • 57 votes
As the end of the year approaches and the Xbox One will be available in stores very soon, I am going to have to make some buying decisions regarding certain games. I will most likely own Xbox One games before I own a console. So, the question is do I buy games that will be release on the Xbox One and the 360? Or do I buy games just for the 360 and only buy Xbox One exclusives not offered on the 360? Or do I buy games for both systems since the gamerscore will stack with both versions of the games. Reports are stating that you can be logged into both systems with the one gamertag. The same way you can log into your 360 and a windows phone. This will be a great feature for the X1. I can see myself boost a game on the 360 and playing a RPG or Sandbox title on the X1.

I buy most of my games from Best Buy and currently on their website there are some stackable games listed. Games like Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch_Dogs and CoD: Ghosts. I am thinking that I need to see what is involved with completing a game on the 360 and the X1. That should influence my buying decision greatly. How much DLC will there be planned and would I want to buy it for both systems? I certainly can see myself holding off on buying a copy of CoD: Ghosts & Battlefield 4. I also don't think I want to grind out the same game twice when it comes to multiplayer. CoD: Ghosts also has a season pass that costs $50, which is seriously making me want to skip this game all together. Black Flag and Watch_Dogs I am more willing to buy both versions as I think I would enjoy playing them more then the two shooters.

I enjoy collecting all types of games, but between overpriced DLC, season passes, and server shutdowns I have experienced on the 360 I may end up only buying a small select handful of games verses the 75+ I normally buy each year. The short list so far would include Titanfall, Destiny, Quantum Break and Dead Rising 3. Additionally since you can not transfer any of your 360 arcade games I will most likely not be buying any arcade titles on the Xbox One. So I have a lot of variables to take into consideration and really think about what type of gamer I want to be with the Xbox One.
Honestly, I plan on going all digital next gen.

I will still make use of my Best Buy Gamers' Club, though. I will buy Xbox Live Cash Cards at Best Buy, and then use those to buy games. Experimenting before with PSN cards, Best Buy still gives the Double Points on game system cards.

As far as which system, it would depend on each game.

If I am getting it to specifically Co-Op with one friend, and that friend is still 360, then 360.
Otherwise, I would more than likely grab it on the X1, and as each day passes, the 360 would become an archive system.
For me, I will continue to play what I already own for the 360, as well as the new free games from the GwG program. Other than that, I don't have the time to play every single game that I want to on the XboxOne, so why replay any of them on the 360 as a stack? I'd rather play Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs and AC4 on the One than play Ghosts and Battlefield on the 360 and the One.

I think what it comes down to is what you are using your systems for when they come out.
Dammit people make polls! (cause I only need a few more for my next badge). Right now I have zero intention of getting a PS4, but eventually there will be some reason I will buy one.
Dammit people make polls! (cause I only need a few more for my next badge). Right now I have zero intention of getting a PS4, but eventually there will be some reason I will buy one.
Originally Posted by Kaens
SNICKER...

You didn't read! He was asking X1 and/or 360.
SNICKER...

You didn't read! He was asking X1 and/or 360.
Originally Posted by futiles
He can still make a poll Stick Out Tongue

And I'll be playing both, obviously, for awhile. There just won't be enough games in first year, it's a transition.
Thanks for the poll, Marv! I, like most score whores, will be playing both and stacking often.
Honestly, I plan on going all digital next gen.

I will still make use of my Best Buy Gamers' Club, though. I will buy Xbox Live Cash Cards at Best Buy, and then use those to buy games. Experimenting before with PSN cards, Best Buy still gives the Double Points on game system cards.

As far as which system, it would depend on each game.

If I am getting it to specifically Co-Op with one friend, and that friend is still 360, then 360.
Otherwise, I would more than likely grab it on the X1, and as each day passes, the 360 would become an archive system.
Originally Posted by futiles
Who you are playing with is another consideration. I plan on play Destiny with a cousin in Europe and he is getting an X1, so when the game is released that will be another consideration for sure that I left out of my equation. They will transfer stats if you go from the 360 to the X1 if that is where you start out. Just more to think about...
Haha, Done. Although there are enough polls out there to get the needed badges :P
Thanks for the poll, Marv! I, like most score whores, will be playing both and stacking often.
Hehe, no problem.
I guess you can't edit polls? I wanted to include a I'm on the fence option. Otherwise I will have to go with the crazy.
Since the One isn't backwards compatible, I am ditching it to keep playing the 360. Cancelled my pre-order too.
Getting both since i stack games anyway.

Getting an free Xbone from Microsoft so i will probably get all the launch titles.
Where's the, I'm going OUYA/Steam/PS3/Nintendo option?
How are you getting a free one?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
They gave them away to valued customers.
Yup, thought it was bogus till i went on TA and alot of my friends got free things from M$
Yep, I had 6 friends get selected for free X1s. I saw a few others get picked, too.
There is 100 Xbox 360 games I've wanted to play...looking forward to the eventual price drops

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account