Rarity on Achievements

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
This entire system seems completely fubar.
  1. The rarity counts on our profiles in the right columns are completely wrong.
  2. Manually attempting to filter/sort them fails.
  3. Some acheivements have a rarity in the 1000s%

I've looked on several members pages and I see the same results. In case you are wondering, I like to look at the super rare cheevos for new members to see what they are really into. Only I keep finding the most common achievements in there.
I also noticed this and was wondering about it.
I noticed that a few of mine in the "Super Rare" link were listed as common there. I think it might have to do with the way DLC is calculated. They're probably common among people who have the DLC, but Super Rare when counting overall numbers of people who've played the core game. Just a guess though.
Yeah looks like the DLC is the problem for sure. The DLC is being calculated as more rare than it is, but when you look at it specifically it'll show it as "common" for people who own the DLC. Something to clean up.

Overall, right now this site is so skewed because we are getting many of the higher level guys and not enough of the more 'commoners'. Things that have much higher TA ratios or should be super rare are not because of the crowd here skewing older hardcore.
Overall, right now this site is so skewed because we are getting many of the higher level guys and not enough of the more 'commoners'. Things that have much higher TA ratios or should be super rare are not because of the crowd here skewing older hardcore.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Not only that, but the sample size is much smaller, so much more likely to be skewed. Although, I think if you've played the game it will count in the calculation where you have to have an achievement for TA.
Per NomStuff:
"I'm having an issue with the rarity of achievements as well, The Aren't as rare as they used to be or were never rare when I earnt them, but are still showing under the tag of "ultra rare""
Bringing this one to the top... Need to figure this one out. Any additional scenarios people can point out will help me narrow this down.
here is my link: http://www.gamertagnation.com/member...ents/?rarity=4

the above link is my 'very rare' column that is on the side my profile. if you click it and scroll down you will see that most of them are common or uncommon achievements.

my 'super rare' column seems to be fine. shows I have 5 super rare achievements and they are all there.

I was thinking maybe they were very rare when I earned them and now they aren't and some sort of error has occurred to where they don't move to the proper category when the rarity has changed. just my 2 cents and my 2 cents is free Smile
my super rare count seems wonky too and as others pointed out seems to be dlc related
here
I noticed that a few of mine in the "Super Rare" link were listed as common there. I think it might have to do with the way DLC is calculated. They're probably common among people who have the DLC, but Super Rare when counting overall numbers of people who've played the core game. Just a guess though.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
oh wow I just noticed this. all the achievements that are marked common but are in the very rare category are DLC achievements...
Just went to my "Super Rare" achievement page (http://www.gamertagnation.com/member...ents/?rarity=5), which shows underneath the filter box "Found 3 achievements worth [G] 117,226", which is also my total (current) gamerscore.
Which if it was correct would only be 140 (20, 60, 60).
Just thought that I should bring this to someones attention (if it hasn't already been).
Just went to my "Super Rare" achievement page (http://www.gamertagnation.com/member...ents/?rarity=5), which shows underneath the filter box "Found 3 achievements worth [G] 117,226", which is also my total (current) gamerscore.
Which if it was correct would only be 140 (20, 60, 60).
Just thought that I should bring this to someones attention (if it hasn't already been).
Originally Posted by redknightnz81
I'll look at the score too.

It looks like what some of the guys said, it's the DLC calculation for the filter and the summary...
I've fixed this one, unless there's a specific page/view I didn't think to check.

I didn't look at #3, if you know some examples Kaens, could you open a new thread with examples.
Nope, looks fixed and working as it should! Thank you!
I've fixed this one, unless there's a specific page/view I didn't think to check.

I didn't look at #3, if you know some examples Kaens, could you open a new thread with examples.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
seems spot on now Big Grin awesome and thanks Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account