I narrowed down which Xbox One to purchase

Xbox One / Series X|S

When should I buy that Xbox One?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 15 (38.46%) Screw it and just go pick it up already

× 2 (5.13%) Wait one month and buy it in October

× 17 (43.59%) Wait till November 15th and see what new bundles may show up

× 5 (12.82%) Another suggestion (See Comment Below)

• Added 09-02-2015 09:23 PM
  • 39 votes
So after getting the no Star Wars console news, I have decided to go with the standard 1 TB Xbox One w/The Master Chief Collection

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=8226014

Traditionally I have always bought my consoles during the holiday season when there is some sort of added incentive or game bundle. I cashed in all my reward points so I will be getting the console for free. I want to just go and pick one up today, but should I hold out for more incentives like I mentioned. I have until Nov 17th when Star Wars Battlefronts is released to really wait and decide.
You're better off getting console w/ Kinect and no game than any of the Console + Game bundles. MCC will be a GwG, everyone can see it coming.
I plan on selling the game code the moment I get. I thought that the Kinect bundle for $499 was over priced when the console was introduced. I don't want to pay for the exact same thing I could of bought 2 years ago for the exact same price. Its a joke at the price, as well as getting 500 less Gigs of space. Yes I know I can and should get an external HD, but trust me I will make the 1 Gig last a few years as I will not be buying many games.

In 2 years since the console has been released I have a wish list of 35 games and in all honesty, I should dwindle that down to maybe 10 and half of those will not be released for another year or two. Yes I know, 2 free games a month, which I will download and then delete and then download again if I ever want to play them. With offerings like the Deer God, that is not likely.

I have over 40 Kinect titles for the 360, maybe if I extinguish those titles then I will pick up the Kinect. Again I picked my 360 Kinect during the holiday when they reduced it from $150 to $99 and then I used reward points on top of that. I see doing the same here.

and I do appreciate all the input futies.
Wait for a better special edition console.... That us what I am doing. I was hoping for a star wars xbone to match my 360.
Have you thought about getting the Epic Bundle that comes with the new controller?

While i agree that i would not pay $150 for controller, it is for the more competitive gamer and from what i heard from Earthbound with you guys doing Trials of St Lucia but if you're into competitive MP, i'd say this is for you.

I agree with Futiles about you not getting one without a game bundled especially when the game is already lowered in price and getting lowered more every month.

With M$ straying away from Kinect to some measure, you are wise for waiting to buy one.
I actually don't think you will sell the code, and not because you won't want to, but, because you won't be able to.
Wait for a better special edition console.... That us what I am doing. I was hoping for a star wars xbone to match my 360.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I was hoping for the same, but that is not happening now. I don't think there is any other special edition that I would want at this point, so i'm just going with the standard black one.
Have you thought about getting the Epic Bundle that comes with the new controller?

While i agree that i would not pay $150 for controller, it is for the more competitive gamer and from what i heard from Earthbound with you guys doing Trials of St Lucia but if you're into competitive MP, i'd say this is for you.

I agree with Futiles about you not getting one without a game bundled especially when the game is already lowered in price and getting lowered more every month.

With M$ straying away from Kinect to some measure, you are wise for waiting to buy one.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
I destroy one controller a year on average just form the abuse I put them through from play multiplayer and general gameplay. Wearing down the thumb sticks to cracking the right triggers in half. I even brake bumper button if you can imagine that. When I played Halo, I always had a MP controller and the ones that worn down and would drift I would use for day to day until they were unbearable. That said I don't think I want to spend $150 to see how durable the new contoller would be, professional version or not.
I actually don't think you will sell the code, and not because you won't want to, but, because you won't be able to.
Originally Posted by futiles
You may be right, I can try. If I can't it won't kill me, I just won't be very enthusiastic about playing it.
If you've waited this long, you can wait a bit longer to see what specials pop up before the holidays. It can only get cheaper.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=4255900

So, that is a MUCH better deal. Comes with a brand new $60 game (which you could actually sell) and 1 year of EA Access ($30).

So, $90 of add ons, instead of $30. EA Access gives you a bunch of games to play the second you open it up, too, including Dragon Age: Inquisition.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...&skuId=4255900

So, that is a MUCH better deal. Comes with a brand new $60 game (which you could actually sell) and 1 year of EA Access ($30).

So, $90 of add ons, instead of $30. EA Access gives you a bunch of games to play the second you open it up, too, including Dragon Age: Inquisition.
The EA pass would be easier to sell probably. I will have to consider it I guess. Lets see what pops up between now and November.
You know what happens to people who wait on the next deal? They never purchase.
You know what happens to people who wait on the next deal? They never purchase.
I think those consoles will still be available going into November. The uniqueness of getting the EA pass to get into madden one week early has also passed.
If you've waited this long, you can wait a bit longer to see what specials pop up before the holidays. It can only get cheaper.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
This exactly my point too. I know that the special edition consoles are always pretty much available unless it's stated that it's a super limited run.
I think those consoles will still be available going into November. The uniqueness of getting the EA pass to get into madden one week early has also passed.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Well, if you are interested in the early access, then it is all of their games, not just Madden. But it as also the full version of Peggle, PvZ, Battlefield 4, DA:I, their entire X1 back catalog of sports/racing titles. Just saying, of all the "bundles" available. The ones coming with a year of EA Access and a brand new game (not an old game, rehashed, poorly, and cheaply) is the best value.
Well, if you are interested in the early access, then it is all of their games, not just Madden. But it as also the full version of Peggle, PvZ, Battlefield 4, DA:I, their entire X1 back catalog of sports/racing titles. Just saying, of all the "bundles" available. The ones coming with a year of EA Access and a brand new game (not an old game, rehashed, poorly, and cheaply) is the best value.
I'll agree with you there. You are getting a lot more and that aspect will make it a much easier sell then MCC. Most of the games in the vault I either already have on the 360, so I don't care to repeat them on the One. Or I have zero interest in them, Basically every sport game.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.317697700

Comes with Kinect, two games and a year of Live...plus an extended warranty
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Except he is buying at Best Buy, because of reward certificates...
just shut up and buy one already. I think you should get a Kinect though

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account